Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109682 times)

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9600 on: January 10, 2011, 12:02:32 am »

We just ran out of alcohol, but luckily I managed to mine out a shaft connected to the cavern I recently found to build a well, so all is good for now in Okildeler.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: January 10, 2011, 02:38:28 am »

Third try filling my aesthetically-attractive indoor fishing/drinking zone; it's a horrible failure.  Either the mud or the earth ceiling above keeps contaminating the water, and apparently being in the swamp biome and not the ocean biome means I no can has fish there.  (Tested it out by making another zone on the beach; fisherdorfs are merrily hauling away mackerel again.)

There are two bluefin tuna just sitting in the ocean; they've been there for about a year.  I caught most of the school in an drainable trap-passage, but I have no idea what to do with them and the lone escapees don't seem to want to move on.

The ambushes have started.

I decided to dress Zaneg the Handless up in some crappy shell/leather artifact armor in honor of his survival, but he is too crippled to don the gear.  Things will get unpleasant when his clothes rot off, I'm sure.  Found the caverns, sealed the caverns, trying to figure out how best to trap the more interesting inhabitants thereof.

Failed to meet a mandate, due to forgetting to unforbid the material my forge was made out of.  On the plus side, my baroness's sulk was cancelled out by her being delighted to feed the resultant prisoner.  Struck tetrahedrite, finally, so I need not fear the lack of copper.

Also have modded the werewolves to be tameable.  I have nine of them.  Intend to feed gobbos to the furry nuisances.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: January 10, 2011, 03:03:58 am »

Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: January 10, 2011, 03:14:34 am »

Man, poor guy. :P

Anyway, I've recently got a migrant wave of 21 in my second spring. That more than doubles my previous population of 18.

I've got to dig some more beds, quick.

Also, my brand new entrance is shaping up quite nicely.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: January 10, 2011, 04:21:45 am »

Timed my legendary masons (FOUR of them) on how much freaking blocks they could produce.  Dug a stone quarry, placed the shops, assigned respective masons, and left them at it, locking them in with food, drink, and a few beds.
200 blocks in under 100 seconds.  I ran out of space really quick.  ._.

Make more of them then place floors and walls. :D
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: January 10, 2011, 05:12:05 am »

Handsful of rhesus visited the fort in the first winter. They were quickly killed but the damage has already been done. 2 giant eagles and my expedition leader have died. A dog was also bitten and suffered much hardship but ultimately survived. My cook was clearly bitten but for whatever reason survived without going through any symtoms, lucky bastard. Really wish he could have just died instead of the leader.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: January 10, 2011, 06:59:04 am »

Those are modded macaques, yes? :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: January 10, 2011, 07:06:14 am »

Those are modded macaques, yes? :o
ya, most curious primates and canines are blessed with rabies.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: January 10, 2011, 07:12:16 am »

Some draining-related accidents happened. And one of my best wound dresser/suturer got his left foot cut away during a training session with a goblin thief. Oops. Still, how come these motherfucking thieves are much more dangerous than any other gobbo I throw at my training squads (excluding lashers)?!
Also, got an artifact steel table decorated with crundle bones. Just one bar of steel for the table itself and the band encircling it, and crundle bones, nothing more. It's perplexing to see an artifact that's so... err... un-fancy.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: January 10, 2011, 09:14:47 am »

In just about a year, I trained my engraver from Talented to High Master.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: January 10, 2011, 09:16:57 am »

HOLY FRICKING FUCK ALLMIGHTY. 

Killed a FB. (big ass spider. killed a puppy and a pet dog before snuffing it.) Was about to slaughter it when a Cave Dragon appeared. While that cave dragon was murdering a poor brewer (who became legendary wrestler and fighter in his death struggle!) a second fucking fb arrived. This one a towering skinless Iguanodont. Dayumn, my militia really does not get much time off.

Edit; both the dragon and the FB fell to Catten Lolornefek Duraddak Dakas! High master cheese maker.  8)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:53:55 am by FrisianDude »

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: January 10, 2011, 09:43:56 am »

Part 47 of my LP is up.

Nothing much happended in this chapter, at least when compared to the last two. I'm actually happy about that though. Writing those two updates took up huge chunks of time even though they didn't even cover a month of game time. I needed something more calm to work with. Also I just realized how weird it is when diggers channeling themselves into the abyss is considered calm.

Speaking of which, that elk bird disposal platform is a mess. The reason I haven't show any of it is because even I don't know how its supposed to work. Going to try something more simple now that the immediate threats are gone.

Also, I updated my terrible mod because some people kept asking me to. Use at your own risk.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: January 10, 2011, 10:03:34 am »

lol

could I be next in the naming?  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: January 10, 2011, 10:42:27 am »

My Mason just got taken by a fey mood. He has claimed the mason's workshop, and has so far taken a silver nugget, two microcline stones, a cut aquamarine gem, and a log.

Not bad, and I got a legendary Mason out of it too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:53:43 am by Horizon9 »
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: January 10, 2011, 12:53:26 pm »

My lye maker gave birth to Urdim Pageequal, a baby boy, the fort's first birth. Welcome to Thundercities, little one.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 3842