Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109452 times)

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9570 on: January 09, 2011, 12:08:50 am »

Edit2: It seems that the magma didn't burn anyone.  Or at least it didn't burn my tunnelsmiths when they got caught in 7/7 magma somehow.  They drowned.  Their copper picks are still there, unmelted.  But it seems their bodies died.  Interesting.

Do you have temperature on?

Oh of course, temperature.  Thanks, I'd forgotten that I turned it off.  ::)
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: January 09, 2011, 12:34:19 am »

I just collapsed a small mountain by mining away its ground layer. The resulting cave in froze the game for a few seconds, and it also fully revealed the collapsed layer. Is this normal? On a side note i finally got my first decent artifact weapon from this fort. It's artifact #52 and an adamantine spear.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:41 am »

After embark, I learned that the site was a Taiga. Hilarity ensues

Hope you like famine, drought, and tantrum spirals.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: January 09, 2011, 02:09:17 am »

Found platinium nuggets and silver nuggets already
Wooo!
Time to set up traps against kobold idiots and guard dogs
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:12:43 am by Qinetix »
Desu

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: January 09, 2011, 06:41:57 am »

I'm currently being sieged by.... A troll armourer, a troll mason and a troll metalcrafter.
I got sieged by a fisher and a brewer  8)
I'm keeping a rare troll administrator in my zoo  :D
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: January 09, 2011, 07:15:19 am »

I'm keeping a rare troll administrator in my zoo  :D
I see what you did here.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: January 09, 2011, 07:23:40 am »

I embarked on flux-less area. What more I used all surface trees and my caverns are without any mushroom-trees.

And I play defence mod. It will be great without decent supply of steel.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: January 09, 2011, 07:41:50 am »

Killin' some blind cave ogres.

Edit; whoah, my Mcaptain cut a blind cave ogre's lower body off with his blue short sword.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:47:17 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: January 09, 2011, 07:55:34 am »

I have discovered the ultimate cash crop in Dwarf Fortress:

Elephants.

Yum yum 31,000 Dwarfbuck food stacks anyone?
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: January 09, 2011, 08:32:54 am »

That's smalltime, i had a 312ish stack of forgotten beast meat and brain minced with dwarven syrup and some other crap once  8)

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: January 09, 2011, 08:55:35 am »

First ambush.  Sent my military out to deal with them as a test because I'd just saved (elves brought me a polar bear AND a GDS, yum).

My military consists of exactly three dwarves:  A miner with a (copper pick) and good stats who I only just drafted after digging out most of the fort, a fisherdwarf with good stats and an artifact platinum warhammer who was too busy drinking to deal with the goblin menace...  and Zaneg.

"Special" Zaneg.  He arrived as an immigrant with no skills to his name besides "Talented Herbalist", and had the misfortune to be drafted as werewolf fodder so that the weaponsmith immigrant might live.  He managed to survive.  Zaneg has no weapons because his hands are, apparently, both too mangled to do anything at all, let alone hold a weapon...  He can't/won't herbalize, or fish, or even harvest crops.  He's pretty spry despite the mangling of both feet, so he's been hanging out around the armor stand, training.

Apparently the training paid off.  He just bit his way through two goblin hammermen without pausing. Now he's lurking around the armor stand, even though he has a broken ankle, a bed with his name on it in the hospital, and absolutely nothing else he can do but hang out and flash a red plus sign.

I kind of like the stubborn l'il bastard.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: January 09, 2011, 10:56:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

in other throatlabour news - DIABLED CHILDREN! the goblin leader rocked up with dozens of trolls and a few hundred underlings. he was a light blue brute with poisionous blood. this blood is harmless if you have shoes. the trouble is, it is everywhere in my main hallway, and my combat-fanatical children ave been running round in the nude a lot. it has accounted for pretty much all my animals and children - LOL. The syndrome starts on the feet and legs, preventing the ability to stand by attacking motor nerves. then you fall over. if you fall over in the blood, you die as it paralyzes the rest of your body and you suffocate. if you dont, you end up with a fever which means a lifetime stay in hospital due to it eating away motor nerves in your legs, upper body, wherever it gets. so, now i have a fort of seriously tooled up and pissed off dwarves, a graveyard full of children, and a hospital full of lifetime cripples, none over the age of 4 yearts old.. outstanding. i lost no soldiers at all (no wounds even!) in the battle, but all my children. why do they persist on getting so close to combat? why were they all naked? natural selection FTW!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:55:32 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Qracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: January 09, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

in other throatlabour news - DIABLED CHILDREN! the goblin leader rocked up with dozens of trolls and a few hundred underlings. he was a light blue brute with poisionous blood. this blood is harmless if you have shoes. the trouble is, it is everywhere in my main hallway, and my combat-fanatical children ave been running round in the nude a lot. it has accounted for pretty much all my animals and children - LOL. The syndrome starts on the feet and legs, preventing the ability to stand by attacking motor nerves. then you fall over. if you fall over in the blood, you die as it paralyzes the rest of your body and you suffocate. if you dont, you end up with a fever which means a lifetime stay in hospital due to it eating away motor nerves in your legs, upper body, wherever it gets. so, now i have a fort of seriously tooled up and pissed off dwarves, a graveyard full of children, and a hospital full of lifetime cripples, none over the age of 4 yearts old.. outstanding. i lost no soldiers at all (no wounds even!) in the battle, but all my children. why do they persist on getting so close to combat? why were they all naked? natural selection FTW!

It's a blessing from Armok, to remove the FPS wasting children from your fort.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: January 09, 2011, 02:05:55 pm »

I was just going through my nobles to figure out what they like. You never know if you'll have what they like on hand, and its' good to ask the merchants to bring them along.

And I found out I have a dictatorship in my colony. Dobar "Dawson" Glazedthunder is the baroness, the mayor, the bookkeeper, and the broker. She has her own tomb already, but I think I need to beef it up. That's freaken awesome.

meanwhile I also just found the "becoming a capital" section. Apparently I need to start making valuable roads and offerings. Well, the offering is easy, I have far more stone crafts than I'll ever use. You need 5000 to work? Here, have 8000. Now I need to build a road by next year.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: January 09, 2011, 02:45:40 pm »

Timed my legendary masons (FOUR of them) on how much freaking blocks they could produce.  Dug a stone quarry, placed the shops, assigned respective masons, and left them at it, locking them in with food, drink, and a few beds.
200 blocks in under 100 seconds.  I ran out of space really quick.  ._.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 3842