Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102013 times)

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3975 on: June 25, 2010, 02:15:07 pm »

Completely out of the blue. He was "happy" last time I loaded up DT. And I have absolutely no military to speak of. I'm confused.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: June 25, 2010, 02:38:40 pm »

Completely out of the blue. He was "happy" last time I loaded up DT. And I have absolutely no military to speak of. I'm confused.

Wait, isn't it the guy that got a mood?

In your previous post I think.

*checks* Yep, that's him.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #3977 on: June 25, 2010, 02:40:31 pm »

Whups. Serves me for using Runesmith when I couldn't get any silk XD

Then again, I just rune'd myself out of that one, too <.<

Vandil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: June 25, 2010, 03:37:08 pm »

The head dwarf of the delving's advanced engineering team just reported the massive winter reservoir has finally been topped off. The pumping teams have been given a special holiday after nearly 2 full years on the job every day all day.

We now have 15z levels of pressure reading on the lower gauges with 37,500sqr of capacity. 100+ goblin prisoners are being transfered to the expansion chamber directly below the reservoirs dozen release gates. I've ordered the reserve mechanism stock piles unlocked for immediate use.

The head mechanic assures me the forest of columns, grates, and venturi in the lower collection rooms will settle out 60-70% of the carcases materials goods. While shooting the softer organic gobo remains cleanly through the protective grates, off the N face, and into the river gorge for clean effortless disposal.

Although that remains to be seen, I'm not really sure if I believe him he's a bit of a braggart and his last GoblinFlusha2000 nearly flooded the entire delving.

Now where's my lever!?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: June 25, 2010, 03:53:37 pm »

Dwarves: over-engineering giant water flushing machines to perform simple but tedious tasks since The Age of Myth.  Just as an aside, as awesome as that is, I give it only about a 10% chance of actually functioning as advertised, 80% chance of it not doing anything useful other than look cool, and the last 10% is to some kind of spectacular failure.  :)

I discovered why many people want to unarmor their prisoners before releasing them into the arena.  Not as some kind of safety thing no, but to keep with dwarven ethics against torture.  I dropped a hammer lord outfitted in mostly mithril equipment into the arena against my militia commander wielding an artifact (but iron) two handed sword.

Instead of removing parts like usual the mithril armor is protecting the hammer lord.  But not enough.  Instead of a clean quick death from decapitation, the mithril armor is preventing the artifact sword from cutting.  The hammer lord is instead being bludgeoned to death very very very slowly.  His entire body is covered in bruises and most of his limbs have fractured bones and he is crawling desperately towards the exit with no success.  I think I'm a monster.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: June 25, 2010, 04:44:00 pm »

Anvilhand is still running smoothly after 2 years. I'm expecting to get some ambushes soon though. I wish I had more of my defenses built up, but I'll just have to make do with the pit of doom. The dwarf I accidentally "tested" it on died pretty much instantly after the drop so I imagine the same will hold true for the goblins.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: June 25, 2010, 05:38:53 pm »

Currently looking for a canyon to start my new fort. Preferably with limestone/chalk, granite, gabbro and marble. No luck so far after dozens of worldgens. Halp?
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: June 25, 2010, 06:48:01 pm »

My most recent fort ended with massive injury and flooding (stupid blind ogres).  Started a new one and got carried away building things and everybody died of thirst.. Gonna have to start another.

-MB

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: June 25, 2010, 08:57:07 pm »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: June 25, 2010, 08:58:16 pm »

aghblegah please tell me it goes all the way to the magma sea, and if not, please dig it to there.
Nom nom nom

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #3985 on: June 25, 2010, 09:06:12 pm »

>:3

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #3986 on: June 25, 2010, 09:11:15 pm »

:o

You have three chances to guess what's going to happen here. And the first four don't count. But I'll give you a hint: free stuff.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: June 25, 2010, 09:15:53 pm »

are those elves?
Nom nom nom

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: June 25, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »

You have three chances to guess what's going to happen here.

Well, it looks like you're attempting to inconveniece a few elves by dropping them two z-levels down, but with the staircase in the corner giving support I suspect that when you pull that lever absolutely nothing is going to happen.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #3989 on: June 25, 2010, 09:36:30 pm »

Yes.

+ progress report. I will convey the last ~5 minutes of my fort through a series of 16 screenshots.

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 3842