Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107739 times)

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2670 on: May 06, 2010, 04:06:10 pm »

Well, I tried editing the raws, and now my Bookkeeper enables the training of war grizzlies!
I'm going to start production on iron axes and breastplates, and we'll be ready to exact some revenge on the blind cave trolls who killed my mason and toppled the wall he was working on. Can't wait  >:(
How did you do this?

Well, as it turns out i probably failed, as grizzlies can be trained into war grizzlies without a DM. I did not know.
Now that I do know, I dont feel a need to have a DM anymore, cuz nothing beats war grizzlies in my book :)

however, for the sake of knowledge, you go into the entities raw and under the nobles section take the Dungeon keeper's responsibility (I think it's [TAME EXOTICS]) and put it under the "noble" you want to have the ability. I'm not sure if it even works yet, but that's the idea anyway.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: May 06, 2010, 04:42:31 pm »

Well, I tried editing the raws, and now my Bookkeeper enables the training of war grizzlies!
I'm going to start production on iron axes and breastplates, and we'll be ready to exact some revenge on the blind cave trolls who killed my mason and toppled the wall he was working on. Can't wait  >:(
How did you do this?

Well, as it turns out i probably failed, as grizzlies can be trained into war grizzlies without a DM. I did not know.
Now that I do know, I dont feel a need to have a DM anymore, cuz nothing beats war grizzlies in my book :)

however, for the sake of knowledge, you go into the entities raw and under the nobles section take the Dungeon keeper's responsibility (I think it's [TAME EXOTICS]) and put it under the "noble" you want to have the ability. I'm not sure if it even works yet, but that's the idea anyway.
There's a topic about it in the mod section where a guy has tried several methods and failed :( so we might have to wait for a bugfix/new version

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: May 06, 2010, 08:24:22 pm »

On an unrelated note, my fortress just got attacked by a forgotten beast. I had Just broken into the underground, and was totally unprepared because it was rather shallow this time. The beast, a giant stegosaurid with a poisonous bite proceeded to lay waste to half my dwarves (I had forty or so) but none of those twenty some dwarves managed to do anything besides break its toes. It then climbed the giant pit/spiraling ramp I'd dug that led into the caverns, and got booted back down with a lucky hit by my militia captain. The fall didn't kill it, but fall related wounds caused it to bleed to death. The militia captain then threw a tantrum, killed three more of my dwarves before getting put into a semi-coma by a miner with pancreas, and both kidneys fractured, left leg torn open, right arm torn open, upper body torn open, and lower body torn open with a few more minor wounds. The rest of my dwarves went back to work, and shortly began a tantrum spiral. As of now, I have a sociopathic leatherworker and the wounded militia captain left and I've got a betting pool with some friends over which dies first.

Edit: The militia captain is now completely healed, with some scars, and the leatherworker went berserk, but seems to be staying away from the captain.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:48:29 pm by silverskull39 »
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: May 07, 2010, 12:08:58 am »

There's a shark in my 20 z-level underground irrigation system...
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Cuchulain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:47 am »

My head-hunting alligator has decided that dwarf tastes ym and is now lurking in the drowned out section of my fortress. Fought back an ambush of about 8 goblin macemen with relatively few casualties apart from the civilians caught in the open.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: May 07, 2010, 02:44:37 am »

This is a huge wtf moment for me.

Spoiler contains HFS related junk.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: And now several Kobold Ambushes have decided to show up as well, along with a herd of elk birds and trogdlodytes, since my doors protecting me from the underworld are now gone.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:55:34 am by Kamudo »
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: May 07, 2010, 02:55:08 am »

This is a huge wtf moment for me.

Spoiler contains HFS related junk.
SEND IN THE CAVE-INS! It's the only way to be sure!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: May 07, 2010, 02:56:28 am »

Hmm, I could try to lure them into a cave in. Might be a bit hard though, considering I'm dealing with 20+ enemies now too. xD

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: May 07, 2010, 02:59:43 am »

It's the only way you're going to kill the vomit. So it's do or die.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: May 07, 2010, 03:01:38 am »

Well, yeah. That one is across the map at the moment, spitting vomit at a cat. >.>

The Chameleon broke into my fort and started injuring people. A unarmed, unarmored dwarven wrestler is now wrestling with a giant chameleon in the main hallway while everybody else freaks out.

It's Epic.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: May 07, 2010, 03:03:45 am »

Keep us updated. You're epicness needs to be known by the rest of the world!

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: May 07, 2010, 03:06:24 am »

Why thanks. :'D

I can't seem to ever get pictures to be bigger. -_-

But yeah, It's like 1 AM, and I was planning to sleep, but now I'm not tired at all. I wanna fight giant monsters. >.>

EDIT:They killed the Chameleon only moments after the image was taken. xD

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: May 07, 2010, 03:12:40 am »

Heh, It's 1AM where I live too.

How's the vomit doing?

You might want to set up a cave-in trap before it becomes a real problem.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: May 07, 2010, 03:21:58 am »

He's still chasing a cat and spitting at him. I'm organizing my miners to work on a cave-in. -Has the game paused and planning-

Also, my Butcher took the liberty of taking care of our Chameleon friend.

My Dwarves will eat like kings for many months. :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: May 07, 2010, 03:25:35 am »

...I hope they cook it first, no telling what your dwarves might catch. :P
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 3842