Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2583 2584 [2585] 2586 2587 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6105984 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38760 on: December 28, 2014, 03:59:00 am »

Well I figured out head skin zombies are impossible to kill by fighting, because you can't crop their head off.

I tested that with 15 dorfs, who all became legendary observers and fighters in the end but still couldn't kill the target, despite its head had been long smashed beyond any recognition. :P

Must find a way to end the fight so I can utilize them.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38761 on: December 28, 2014, 05:03:14 am »

The Titan's dead! I don't know how but it's dead. Last report says it was caught in boiling wine.

Current death toll: ~30. Military decimated.

There's blood everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 05:07:38 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38762 on: December 28, 2014, 10:52:23 am »

Titan arrives half-way through year 2 ::)  I have 4 Militia Dwarves, 2 of whom have a few pieces of gemstone armor, but no weapons.  I scramble everyone to a Burrow while the Titan is busy chasing a Leatherwing Bat around the map.  Finally arrives at my hole in the ground (flat plain, not so much as a single hillside)... and this happens;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sadly we were low on food, but at least her lulz-worthy fight lives on in our memory.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38763 on: December 28, 2014, 11:05:13 am »

A forgotten beast came and began to kill crundles in my basement.
The good news was I locked the hatch door.
The bad news was the dead crundles turned into zombies.

A cavy pet died from old age. It turned into a zombie while a dorf was dumping the corpse. Three was badly injured include my chief medical dwarf (the owner of the pet, hehehe).

I killed a zombie who was one of the original seven by putting it in a room filled with spike traps.

I built a danger room and stationed some dorfs in then pulled the level repeatedly to train them. But unfortunately two of them were carrying babies. The two babies was badly injured. Well the problem is I don't think babies can be treated, can they?

Zasit the Dwarven Baby

"Bamaga!"

Her right upper arm is mangled beyond recognition. Her right shoulder is mangled beyond recognition.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:10:36 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38764 on: December 28, 2014, 11:08:33 am »

Had a few bumps attempting the new fort
For starters my CPU is having trouble downloading the new update, so I gave up trying to run it on the new one.
Then just ran it on my current version and the starting area is filled with Cinnabar!!!
No matter, there are a few clear areas, and not having played in awhile I was surprised by the speed of my dwarves, not sure why they were so fast, but that was the quickest wagon unload I have seen yet...so that's good
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38765 on: December 28, 2014, 11:09:58 am »

have a second row of rooms ready, dug up until i found the three caverns. still sealed in the rock for security reasons (not enough dorfs for a working militia).

was planning to create an underground reservoir but it seems the only freshwater body is a pond in the third cavern (reduced the water maximum to 50 in worldgen, was getting large underwater seas most of the time, now i have 3 plain and dry caverns).

the channeling project was a success and now i have an underground reservoir without needing to open the layer. and its better like that because a FB came (a shelled pterosaur with poison attacks). for now the fortress is sealed from the flying horror. meanwhile i finish the entrance of the second cavern which is connected to the frist one via a passage.

havent found the magma sea. but its a must have. as i have the materials for steel generation. for now the fort is slowly growing. the third set of rooms is almost finished and im making the furniture for the second. have plenty of food and water to survive the winter now.

found the magma sea at last. and an adamantine spire at a suitable location so i starte to dig around it. trying to find when starts so i get enough fire proof stone (mostly gabbro). preparing to set where the magma forges are going to be digged along with the smelters.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 02:14:05 pm by xaritscin »

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38766 on: December 28, 2014, 02:21:42 pm »

Finally lit up my fortress. Now I can see EVERYTHING! Next up on the list:

Digging out a fortress in the stone layers. Because this fort's only one season old.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38767 on: December 28, 2014, 04:23:45 pm »

the amount of dead bodies in the third cavern is astounding. the FB has even received some injueries by the animals that arrived. but its still capable of flight. im not ready to send the militia yet. first im gonna build the forges then make some steel equipment. adamantine will have to wait. i have a large influx of rock that i can use for my own benefit first.

EDIT: three blind cave ogres arrived at the site, one of them killed the FB. all of them survived (woot)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:30:27 pm by xaritscin »

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38768 on: December 28, 2014, 05:46:44 pm »

A werepanther arrives at the site of an aspiring castle fortress. It saunters around the wilderness, eating some random crocodile in the process, then leisurely swims across the river and pounces at the first worker. I hastily draft everyone who knows what he's doing (with two metal pointed sticks and three crossbows it wasn't much at all) and issue a charge order. Much bloodshed ensues. The thing bites dorfs in half until it runs out of steam and they mob it (adding insult to injury, it was a human child). A few dozens of corpses are hauled away, the wounded are counted. Not willing to risk episode two I dig out an emergency hospital and wall out all survivors there. Lo and behold, a month later two guys flip, finish off the rest and fight to the death. I figure "oh cool, a therianthrope manager is a direct upgrade from a vampire one! Still no need to feed or water him since he just regenerates himself every month, and for the same reason there's no alcohol withdrawal either!"

Some time later the command chain gets disrupted for some reason. Apparently the chair composing his "office" got broken. Oh well, might be another side effect of that one incident with a stuck door. I order a set of leaden furniture dropped down there for shits and giggles, narrowly avoiding boinking the happy owned on the dome with a pair of 375kg presents. He sets them up and proceeds with his job. Until it gets disrupted again. The imbecile turned into a panther, scratched at his table a few times doing absolutely no damage, then turned back into a dorf and continued to kick and punch it until it actually broke from his fists. Now one part of me thinks it wasn't an upgrade at all, and maybe I should just euthanatize the stupid bastard for breaking his own bed on his own damn volition. And I need a new manager too.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38769 on: December 28, 2014, 06:13:30 pm »

another FB. a gigantic gopher with external ribs and fire breath. the damned dorfs werent capable of sealing the cavern entrance and the whole fort is a lagfest. my soldiers are still moving to the action.

this doesnt seem good.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38770 on: December 28, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »

A dragon has saved the fort! A tantrum spiral was beginning, with all the wood cutters fighting. Suddenly, a dragon attacked. He set fire to the wood cutters, and since this is a desert, nothing burned. Three spear dwarves and an axe lord later, the fort has been saved from both a tantrum spiral and a dragon!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38771 on: December 28, 2014, 06:57:15 pm »

the fire breathing gopher ravaged the whole fort, im trying to reclaim it. tried it with 7 master marksdwarves and steel weapons and copper armor. it killed them quickly. i dont know what to do

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38772 on: December 28, 2014, 07:10:34 pm »

Bronze suits of armour and iron axes.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38773 on: December 28, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »

Shields. Shields shields shields.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38774 on: December 28, 2014, 07:20:32 pm »

tried with a set of dorfs with high skills in axes, armor and shield. they only slashed the skin at most didnt stand a chance either. everything bronze BTW

EDIT: third try. bronze clad marksdwarves with steel bolts and copper crossbows. proficient in the weapon and with moderate skills in armor and dodging. the same result.

the firebolts dont allow to do anything. they just die before doing something meaningfull. at least i hope this thing dies a little bit more each try

4th try. bronze clad speardwarves with proficient dodging skills. nothing again.

5th try. almost covered axedwarves with steel axes. some tendons were broken but nothing again
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:07:32 pm by xaritscin »
Pages: 1 ... 2583 2584 [2585] 2586 2587 ... 3842