Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2401 2402 [2403] 2404 2405 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5978694 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36030 on: July 23, 2014, 02:16:56 am »

Savannah titan (a flying, fire breathing pig) attacking goblins. I'm ok with this.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #36031 on: July 23, 2014, 03:58:25 am »

The naked mole dogs have all finally been killed or caged. Now giant olms are harassing my miners and there is something rotting in the butcher's shop. I also learned that pretty much anything can use your doors.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36032 on: July 23, 2014, 04:48:54 am »

My dwarves are wandering about, doing stuff that needs doing on the surface, meanwhile a bunch of zombies is also wandering aimlessly just 50 tiles away.

It's making me slightly nervous, as my military isn't strong enough to beat even one of them, and my cage-fu isn't that good either.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #36033 on: July 23, 2014, 07:00:11 am »

So I found out my previous 3 failures of forts has doomed both remaining dwarf civilizations. My last site was killed off by an elf ambush. :-[
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:10:46 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36034 on: July 23, 2014, 10:13:36 am »

So I found out my previous 3 failures of forts has doomed both remaining dwarf civilizations. My last site was killed off by an elf ambush. :-[
I have dreamed of the day this would happen. The mistakes of players can finally affect them in the long run. Migrants are no longer unlimited.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36035 on: July 23, 2014, 11:20:12 am »

I just found out I forgot to check my baron candidate's preferences before suggesting him to the liaison.
Large gem mandates have begun.

I guess I need ot expand my glass industry now  :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36036 on: July 23, 2014, 12:12:20 pm »

I have dreamed of the day this would happen. The mistakes of players can finally affect them in the long run. Migrants are no longer unlimited.

This is why I've always played conservatively, using highly trained and relatively small militias to do my fighting instead of barely trained and equipped rabble or relying on traps that may not be finished in time to be of real use. It's also why I keep my population low usually: Lower overall fort pop means less overall impact on the civ if there's a total party kill, especially if a large number of casualties are fortborns.
-
Glassmaker mooded and produced a useless crown, but since it was a fey mood I scored a legendary glassmaker out of the deal! The Righteous Barricades continue killing everything they find in the caverns while I keep the masons busy making coffins and slabs as a precaution and the engravers smoothing shit out. It's a dark day for a fort when you don't want to retire/abandon but have nothing to do except kill wildlife due to lack of mineral wealth.

Otherwise I'd have probably started building a pointless lead-silver-gold sword on my front lawn. Found some flux though, marble, so there's that. Shame there's no iron or coal/lignite on site.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36037 on: July 23, 2014, 12:22:17 pm »

Updated my current fort to 40.04. Immediately after loading the game, a migrant wave comes. I can also confirm the bug with Beekeepers getting stuck trying to install a colony to a hive if you build multiple hives at one time still exists.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36038 on: July 23, 2014, 12:28:09 pm »

Udil Feedlanterns, husband of the highly popular mayor Olon Feedlanterns, has inherited the title of baron. And unlike last time, I was prepared for this. :D It's a little funny since he disregards tradition. Would be kinda nice if dwarves with that didn't require as nice rooms if they inherit a nobility title. Kinda need to work on filling in his tomb, but still. He's covered.

I am concerned about his preference for greaves though. I guess I need to conscript an extra miner or two and start yanking tetrahedrite and native copper from the walls for his inevitable grave mandates.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36039 on: July 23, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »

I was genning a pocket world to make a long-time fort on, and this happened-

I am ashamed. Absolutely ashamed.

EDIT: Looks like I'm going to need to slay every single Elven Caravan ever. The age of the Dwarf WILL come. The Elves shall fall.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:04:11 pm by deepfreeze78 »
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36040 on: July 23, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »

I was genning a pocket world to make a long-time fort on, and this happened-

I am ashamed. Absolutely ashamed.

EDIT: Looks like I'm going to need to slay every single Elven Caravan ever. The age of the Dwarf WILL come. The Elves shall fall.

Glory to the mountainhalls! Glory to the gods of cave, mountain, volcano, gem, and ore! Glory to Armok! let the forests be burned to forge our blades and mail, let the forests be burned to forge our mugs and amulets!
-
A forgotten beast has come, a towering blob composed of water with deadly gas. In response, The Mechanical Matches have been deployed, crossbows in hand. I'd send them down to eliminate in the second cavern but there's a shitload of miasma from the Barricades' rampage down there. Shouldn't be too hard for them to deal with when it comes though. Seven of them all armed and with ammo vs one flimsy FB.

EDIT: Ber Searchsteel killed it with one center mass hit, but not before it managed a blast of toxic gas. At first i thought I got lucky with a harmless blast of just boring ol' dust when the only casualties were Tosid Searchsteel and Erib Controltowers who got hurt by the force of the emission when it flung them hard into a cave wall.

I was wrong.

It causes intense swelling to the point of necrosis and appears to cause what I can only call "bone rot" as well. In one fell swoop, all of my marksdwarves with any skill may be dead dwarves walking.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36041 on: July 23, 2014, 01:55:00 pm »

Yup, my civilization is almost certainly dead. There was no liaison, and now one of my dwarves is randomly the king. I'm not surprised - I did run this world for ten thousand years, after all.

EDIT: He's my former expedition leader, so it's not like he's related to anyone.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:57:37 pm by TheFlame52 »

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36042 on: July 23, 2014, 02:01:10 pm »

Elves came, elves saw the undead, elves died.

I hope they are not too angry about it :v

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36043 on: July 23, 2014, 02:06:01 pm »

Attempting to port over Townfloors; a fortress built on a savage swamp inlet over a lake, with all the defensive schematics, designs and world gen parameters that made it such a !!FUN!! fortress. My longest lasting ever at over 30 in-game years.

Spoiler: a Tour of Townfloors (click to show/hide)

In other words, with the dawning of DF2014...

Welcome back to DF2014. Welcome back to Facehugged.

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36044 on: July 23, 2014, 02:08:54 pm »

Despite having an arm and a foot torn open, Reg Kakdalast is in a pretty good mood. Now if only the medical staff would notice him.
Pages: 1 ... 2401 2402 [2403] 2404 2405 ... 3839