Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2329 2330 [2331] 2332 2333 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100633 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #34950 on: June 14, 2014, 12:57:04 pm »

I didn't even think that was possible in a martial trance. Did they not go berserk or something while in a trance? Maybe you started a loyalty cascade that only involved that one axedwarf? I have no idea how that happened.

I have no idea.  She never left the trance.  It said she was unhappy in her stats because of her clothing (I can't seem to make new pants and cloaks and shoes fast enough) but also she had enjoyed a good meal, her nice bed, and the slaughter of the goblins she had just butchered.  The Dwarfs seemed to ignore her, only fighting back when attacked.  It was nuts.

Weird.

-----

Anyway, fort news:

Stasno's giant crabby body is being butchered now, starting with all the lopped off crab feet. One dwarf was so hungry he ignored all the prepared meals we have and went straight to the butcher's shop to pick up a freshly butchered "forgotten beast bone chop" and took it to a table to start eating. I think I just made a sushi bar.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34951 on: June 14, 2014, 01:26:49 pm »

while i was playing masterwork yesterday,and by accident i ended turning my mayor into an steel golem.
so thanks to some puny siege i had a mini tantrum spiral starting and the mayor just smashed the berserk idiot.
also,the swooped the latest siege together with my two destroyers

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34952 on: June 14, 2014, 02:40:37 pm »

I found out that if I want my windmill to keep working I have to keep an open space above the main body of it.  So there is a tiny hole in my dome.  Well, besides the many ramp accesses and the door in the three story building.  The building that has three windows showing....the top of the dome.  Maybe not the best view.

Also decided the trade depot has to be outside the dome and have finished making an airlock system while replacing all the other drawbridges with wall.

Once the dome is finished I could ignore anything outside the walls if I wanted.  I look forward to the day the King will arrive and I can close it up to see how long it lasts before they start eating each other.     
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

ribby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34953 on: June 14, 2014, 03:43:03 pm »

So I there was a siege underway and one of my macemen/leatherworkers entered a strange mood... He wanted leather and for some reason the only piece of leather was outside. So he ran all the way through the goblin corpse filled labyrinth of death, right past 3 goblin crossbowmen blocking their shots and getting outside to his leather. Then he sat there within 50 metres of a group of 12 enemy troops until I realized that I'd forbid him from using the door that would let him back in! So I permit access to that door and watched nervously as he ran all the way back, once again dodging or blocking shots to make his artifact.

Ah crap... he went beserk on the way back killed his own squad leader before being mauled to death by my Giant Python. Which is an absolute badass btw. In that same siege it mauled 5 uninjured trolls to death at once. Don't know why they didn't all attack it at once (possibly they were focusing on destroying things?

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34954 on: June 14, 2014, 05:01:57 pm »

Last time the elves came by they brought me a female cheetah. This time they brought a male one :). I just wish I had a wild one as well.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34955 on: June 14, 2014, 06:13:28 pm »

Well, I still have a cougar.

And we now have a KING!  Yes, We're Number One!  We're Number One!  We need to put that on our mugs.  In your face rest of the Mountainhomes!

And he looks like a mild, kind of okay King.  We can supply him with the food he likes and were able to fulfill much of his demands before he even entered the Fortress (I had the rooms already made and a warehouse of beds, tables, chairs, statues, and other items to fill them with).  Sad to say, his tomb is a tad on the small size but the rest of his rooms are MASSIVE. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, what do we win?    :o

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34956 on: June 14, 2014, 07:47:17 pm »

You win a vampire, it looks like.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34957 on: June 14, 2014, 09:06:38 pm »

"You have done good son you have done good."

You'll be happy to know not only did I offend the last Elf caravan that was visiting (there was a piece of wood someplace in what I tried to trade them) but at the same time there was two goblin ambushes, both wiped out, so the trade depot is covered in gore and blood from the tramping feet of my surface militia.  On top of that, one ambush was just to the north of the depot, so the Elves will get a nice good close up view of piles of dead goblins, being stripped of their equipment by Dwarfs, limbs and heads all over the space. A couple of bridges they have to cross to leave the map is painted red with enemy blood. 

And I use to have such a nice friendly relationship with the Elves.   ::)

And the dome is almost complete.  HA!  In your face mother nature, weather, and the sun!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:08:51 pm by callisto8413 »

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34958 on: June 14, 2014, 09:25:22 pm »

Will you be decorating the top of the dome or the trade depot area?

In my fort, I got an artifact leather leggings in my fort. Also got a lot of meat from the summer migrant wave.
However, we have neglected our defenses. The pitiful, unlocked, pet-passable door is no match for some wandering drunian raiders ! A trio of them has wandered into the fort on the first cavern layer, probably pathing to my meat pile to grab some lunch.
DFWiki says they're not intelligent, so maybe I can butcher them and use my Legendary Tanner guy to make some drunian leather :) Glad I left the door unlocked.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34959 on: June 14, 2014, 10:22:37 pm »

I have tossed a few statues up on the dome for any Dwarfs who decide to wander about on the roof.  Maybe make a statue garden up there.

The Depot is across a creek, deep enough to cause problems, and I may link it, via the roof, to the rest of the Fortress (with no way to access the roof from inside the Depot itself).  That way soldiers can shoot down on the enemy even while they enter it and find out they can't go any farther.  I figure a reverse defense.  Walls on the outside with slits facing inside.  Maybe get them into a cross-fire from the Fortress walls.

Oh, and this happened....

At first I was...really?  You made a skirt...then I noticed it was more of a clothing of historical events.

And then I noticed this...

For its weight, it is VERY valuable. 

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:21:23 pm by callisto8413 »

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #34960 on: June 15, 2014, 04:12:42 am »

Speaking of artifacts...

I see two possibilities: 1) They keep dwarven hands away from naughty bits, or 2) Despite their value, they are so unfashionable that no one will want to be seen with the wearer.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34961 on: June 15, 2014, 05:23:28 am »

:o

Copper Snarling saw one it's most decorated spearmasters die in perhaps the rarest of all fashions for a dwarven soldier. After slaying countless enemies over his long years of service in the fortress's elite point guard, it was finally old age that took the grizzled weapon lord to meet Armok. Rest well venerable champion.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34962 on: June 15, 2014, 09:21:28 am »

:o

Copper Snarling saw one it's most decorated spearmasters die in perhaps the rarest of all fashions for a dwarven soldier. After slaying countless enemies over his long years of service in the fortress's elite point guard, it was finally old age that took the grizzled weapon lord to meet Armok. Rest well venerable champion.

I have only had a few livestock die from old age.  Cool.  My Dwarfs all die in battle or in accidents or when somebody goes berserk.

Lately, I accidentally had them mine out a part of a cavern and had to wall it up again when a Forgotten Beast got into the main stairway.  Luckily a cat wounded it before being killed and the Beast seemed to be unable to move - just sat there and shot fire balls at people.  When the soldiers arrived to kill it sometimes it hit itself with its own fire balls.

Funny, after the hole was walled up another Forgotten Beast showed up in the stairway AGAIN.  Not sure how it got there.  It ran into one of the dogs (who survived long enough for reinforcements to arrive), got stuck fighting it, and got butchered by the militia.   

I also worry about the King, he likes to hunt and hunts all the time when not working along the metal smiths.  He also seems to have some medical labor on too.  He seems to be a proper Knightly King but I don't want him being ambushed.  Yet I don't wish to rein him in.  Better to die killing goblins then to die in bed.  Also he keeps bringing in game! 

Also, I like his Queen.

And she is the Aunt of half the Mountainhome!  Half the Dwarfs are her nieces or nephews.  I even had her young brother as a Soldier but he died in battle before she arrived.  And unlike the King her relationship list is already pages long with new friends.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:31:43 am by callisto8413 »

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34963 on: June 15, 2014, 02:22:12 pm »

Well, after getting rid of the wall horses the Dwarven caravan arrived to Palacedeserts, right on cue. For some reason half of the caravan decided to start unloading on different depot than the rest, but luckily dismantling the other depot got them moving on to the right one. Now I'm hoping the whole caravan actually leaves this time; it's nearly spring and they're still packing up their massive bounty of dirty socks.

In other news, the jewelers got out of control and encrusted a large troll leather loincloth with no less than eight different jewels. The damned thing must now look like Liberace's codpiece.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #34964 on: June 15, 2014, 03:40:10 pm »

One forgotten beast appeared in the first caverns, a 3 eyed chameleon with mandibles that spits globs. It was fittingly named Desmo the Spit of Lice. After lurking around in the giant water pool surrounding Hammerflickered's cavern access for months, the beast was finally drawn out as a hauler dragged an artifact rock cabinet down to use as bait.

The two swordmasters of The Noble Walls met Desmo not far from the cavern access point, and the squad captain Domas Helmedpeace got the kill with his artifact adamantine bastard sword Certainturmoils. He earned the title of Domas Helmedpeace the Matched Match of Braids. His moustache is arranged in double braids, his middle length beard is braided, and his long hair is arranged in double braids. Hilarious.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 2329 2330 [2331] 2332 2333 ... 3842