Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127102 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25905 on: October 06, 2012, 02:59:51 pm »

I embarked on a very nice world I cooked up with PerfectWorldDF. It's tucked away in a mountain range with only access to paklaras and goblins. Neither of those have shown up yet, and I hope they don't because I have no real defenses for the goblins and nothing to trade to the paklaras. Fortress is surviving fine with 54 residents.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25906 on: October 06, 2012, 03:27:57 pm »

My fort collection of houses!  Can you tell that I'm terrible with aboveground building yet?  All made of wood, my sawmill is working well.

There are some frogs floating in midair.  They don't have the flier tag.  Not sure what's up with that, apparently I've created anti-grav frogs somehow.

Shittiest migrant waves ever - one couple and two of their kids, and then an apparently-single mother (her husband didn't migrate with her, I can only assume he's dead) and three of her kids.  So, in short, I got three new workers and five resource-hogs.  Joy and rapture.

Building two-story houses for everyone is time-intensive.

Edit: Whoops, a leather item snuck into my trade goods and pissed off the Cleyrans.  SEIZE EVERYTHING.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:37:56 pm by Clover Magic »

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #25907 on: October 06, 2012, 05:02:07 pm »

I just learned that Titans made of silver are immune to up to 4000 iron bolts.... then the necro siege came. Now i've got an undead unkillable sterling silver titan standing outside my main gate while my only surviving marksdwarf takes potshots using the puppy bone bolts i just aquired from a dogslposion.
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25908 on: October 06, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »

Heh heh

My dead Expedition Leader just zombified, and tossed the butcher down the magma chute.

Guess I'll be down to 30 adults in a few frames.
On the bright side, maybe he'll spot more candy on the way down.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #25909 on: October 06, 2012, 06:43:58 pm »

I breached the ocean to kill the unholy abomination Xantalos's corpse became.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25910 on: October 06, 2012, 06:50:02 pm »

Wow, splitting the ocean to put down a zombie? Impressive.
I feel like zombies and dwarves really are meant to be together.

EDIT: Follows to succession fort
Dang, now I'm gonna be distracted lurking another succession fort.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:27:16 pm by ZzarkLinux »

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25911 on: October 06, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »

Oh sweet Armok... Migrants showed up at Nightterrors, narrowly avoiding the ogre zombies and recently-reanimated horses who were killed by a zombie raven. Following the migrants were the ogre corpses, who proceeded to break down the door to the bunker. We managed to get a wall built to block off the opening left by the door.

The horses were left outside as bait for zombies, protecting us from the terror of undeath, as well as a test to see what the local evil weather does.

Soon after the wall was completed, a cloud of the local evil weather drifted by... right over our bunker, and the ogre zombies right outside.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We might be trapped inside for a while.

((First time I've found husking clouds, been looking for a LONG time.))

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25912 on: October 07, 2012, 12:04:30 am »

Oh sweet Armok... Migrants showed up at Nightterrors, narrowly avoiding the ogre zombies and recently-reanimated horses who were killed by a zombie raven. Following the migrants were the ogre corpses, who proceeded to break down the door to the bunker. We managed to get a wall built to block off the opening left by the door.

The horses were left outside as bait for zombies, protecting us from the terror of undeath, as well as a test to see what the local evil weather does.

Soon after the wall was completed, a cloud of the local evil weather drifted by... right over our bunker, and the ogre zombies right outside.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We might be trapped inside for a while.

((First time I've found husking clouds, been looking for a LONG time.))

Am I the only one who clicks the Spoiler first, looks at it, and then reads the post to see how it ties into everything?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25913 on: October 07, 2012, 12:11:18 am »

Embarked on a volcano with a flat plain to the north, and hills to the south. The volcano is emerging from the hillside.

So, I go to set up a stockpile, and get away from the keas. STRIKE THE EARTH!

I find...gold. Lots of it. I keep digging. More gold. Dig out more areas. More gold. Dig a mine shaft. More gold. Starting to get concerned, as I haven't yet hit stone that I can use to build magma smelters.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25914 on: October 07, 2012, 12:43:02 am »

I just found out my baroness is descended from a were monitor lizard and a goblin mass murderer!

I feel justified in my random farmer selection!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25915 on: October 07, 2012, 01:44:52 am »

A dwarven child decided to sprint out the front damn doors when I tried to let my mayor back in after he spotted an ambush.  Then his mother followed him out.  The little prick was two years from growing up and becoming useful but instead eats the forts food for years then gets him and his mother murdered.  Great.

He deserved every tooth knocked out of his head by that goblin lasher before he died.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25916 on: October 07, 2012, 03:20:02 am »

Masterwork Steel Chain Leggings are no match for a base level copper dagger.

Urist mcTrainingAxe is now hobbled back at the hospital, again, first with a broken hand and motor damage, and now with a broken leg and motor damage.

Greave production is underway.

kääpiö

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25917 on: October 07, 2012, 04:32:41 am »

The only metal I found in my embark site was native gold, so now I have tons of gold statues everywhere.

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25918 on: October 07, 2012, 09:24:07 am »

So my Fortress is finally having some luck training troops because I embarked with a Teacher with Axe skills.

I just caught a Goblin thief, disarmed him, then locked him in a room with the Teacher armed with a wooden axe, in order to skill him up and make it all more efficient.

Guess who I forgot to give a helmet to? The Goblin punched the military Dwarf in the head and instantly killed him. Now I have no one to train the Dwarves up and it's going to take so long I can't see a force actually being viable at all on this embark anymore! >:(

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25919 on: October 07, 2012, 12:30:28 pm »

My fortress suffers from at least two necromancers sneaking around resurrecting any corpses they find, forcing me to cremate all my dead. So far, they appear to be deliberately avoiding the squads I'm sending out to find them.

My hunter was carrying her kill, a giant emu corpse, back to the fort when it reanimated and kicked her skull in. All hunting has been disabled to avoid further incidents.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.
Pages: 1 ... 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 ... 3842