Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121093 times)

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20775 on: March 17, 2012, 04:40:57 pm »

TWICE now have I seen a body dragged to the corpse pile without a death notification.... then it hit me, it's probably the murderer (vamp) that's doing the dragging! I'll watch more closely next time. Speaking of vampires. One came and ate my leader so the diplomat left unhappy - cept it was the diplomat who who did it :(
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20776 on: March 17, 2012, 05:09:33 pm »

Dwarven Child:
"Her tongue sticks out when she's trying to remember something" Awww. Cute. :3 My ex, best female friend, and neice used to do that.
"She needs alcohol to get through the working day." ... this is a KID!

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20777 on: March 17, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »

I'm swimming in spider silk! brown recluse spider silk to be precise.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20778 on: March 17, 2012, 05:46:10 pm »

Undead siege.  Thought I was all set, but turns out there was ONE dwarf outside my massive Gates Of Safety (tm) - fishing in the river - and even though I tried to give her enough time to get back inside, she got to the gates just at the same time as the undead horde, and fled in terror into the wilderness.  I had no choice.  I gave the order, and deep inside the stronghold a lever was pulled.  The gates creaked closed, sealing off my fortress and sealing her fate.

She fled into the forests as the horde killed off my chained wardogs by the front entrance.  She must have thought she was safe.  Hiding deep in the trees, she curled up to go to sleep.

But she wasn't safe.

I'm now watching the horde descend upon this lone, sleeping fisherdwarf.  She's doomed.  She's also the wife of one of my swordsdwarves.

*sighs*

*starts making a memorial slab in advance*   :P

Edit: "The Goblin Corpse punches the Fishdwarf in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue through the cave spider silk hood!"

Welp.  Guess that's that.  The Fishdwarf (name of Fikod Glidebolt) now has the wonderfully healthy-sounding status of "Her head is bruised.  Her upper spine is broken.  Her upper spine is oozing [her] dwarf blood."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:50:11 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20779 on: March 17, 2012, 05:48:51 pm »

One of my militia captains stumbled upon the dozen of reptile people in my first cavern. I knew they were there, I just left them to it. But they absolutely murdered her now she got near, so logically, I told my forty-strong militia to tromp all over them, but the bastards use poisoned weapons. With GCS poison. I fear I'm gonna lose a bunch more, especially of marksdwarfs.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20780 on: March 17, 2012, 05:54:17 pm »

One of my militia captains stumbled upon the dozen of reptile people in my first cavern. I knew they were there, I just left them to it. But they absolutely murdered her now she got near, so logically, I told my forty-strong militia to tromp all over them, but the bastards use poisoned weapons. With GCS poison. I fear I'm gonna lose a bunch more, especially of marksdwarfs.

These weapons are poisoned blowdarts?  Or something else?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20781 on: March 17, 2012, 05:58:47 pm »

Seems I have a dwarven exile or an escapee from a goblin fortress, or possibly one badass war veteran.

He has 83 kills, 82 of which are goblins.

He has one notable kill, Xuspgas Hatredwinter, a dwarf. This leads me more to war vet, but he could have murdered a dwarf in a fit of rage or something.

I also got an ogress hunter, who has killed 56 ogresses.... and a metalcrafter-hammerdorf.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20782 on: March 17, 2012, 06:06:06 pm »

Seems I have a dwarven exile or an escapee from a goblin fortress, or possibly one badass war veteran.

He has 83 kills, 82 of which are goblins.

He has one notable kill, Xuspgas Hatredwinter, a dwarf. This leads me more to war vet, but he could have murdered a dwarf in a fit of rage or something.

I also got an ogress hunter, who has killed 56 ogresses.... and a metalcrafter-hammerdorf.

That's an abducted/conquered dwarven slave to goblins. Xuspgas sounds goblin, and no dwarf will call itself Hatredwinter.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20783 on: March 17, 2012, 06:07:40 pm »

Another new fortress, trying to see how effective a militarised hauler force can be. Got the right site for it too, since I had all the necessary materials for steel 3 levels under the surface, and an uninterrupted shaft down to the magma sea to save fuel.

Coupled with tetrahedrite for silver warhammers, and an armoursmithing mood that gave me a legendary armoursmith (he produced an artifact iron shield, which I may give to my militia commander eventually), things are looking up for a good start.

The local goblins are a little keen, though - 2 sieges have come already after only 3 years, the most recent siege being led by a Mace Lord on a Rutherer - and accompanied by Marksgoblins on Giant Cave Swallows. Since my above-ground fortress does not yet have a roof, nor all of its walls above the ground level, this had the potential to cause some difficulty. I burrowed all non-military dwarves into the safe areas, then set about dealing with the attack force.

A detachment of Trolls were first up, but they were dealt with easily enough by my full-time military (who are only 3 strong at this point). Then came the Speargoblins and the Marksgoblin cavalry - who decided between them to walk straight past my military and into my fortress.

Consequently there is now blood everywhere - mostly goblin of course, with a few splatters of rutherer and oversized avian for good measure. Despite the security breach, and the lack of my civilians following instructions, there were only two dwarven casualties - a Furnace Operator who was somewhere he shouldn't have been, and the newbie Swordsdwarf who was being trained up by my two veterans. New dwarves have been selected to take on their responsibilities, although until the clothing system is fixed and my dyer's shop is set up, the replacement Swordsdwarf will be unable to wear their official uniform of a red shirt.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20784 on: March 17, 2012, 06:14:47 pm »

Gorlak in the cavern. Cage trapped, so I'm taming him. Trainer goes downwards.

I see there's troglodytes around. I want my trainer to be safe so send down a two-dwarf team to dispatch them.

Gorlak had already been fetched away and is half-way to the stockpile so the trainer would've been safe regardless. Still, troglodytes. I don't want them.

Troglodytes are dispatched. I send the dwarves back up.
Before they can leave however,
SURPRISE BLIND CAVE OGRES.

Hammerdwarf hardly does any damage, gets stunned, driven into a corner and punched through the face. The now named blind cave ogre and the other who together beat up the hammerdwarf now help the third against the axedwarf captain.

The same BCO who killed the first dwarf killed the second. Not with a punch or a kick or a bite, no, he kills the second dwarf wielding the mail shirt of the first.

That's just rude!

Mosossub, blind cave ogre, is dual wielding an exceptional bronze mail shirt (with recorded kill) and a pig tail fiber sock. I'm now kinda scared about how well my legendary fighter/great axedwarf with 30 kills and a steel battle axe is gonna fare. :P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:16:50 pm by AWdeV »
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20785 on: March 17, 2012, 06:15:21 pm »

These weapons are poisoned blowdarts?  Or something else?
Poisoned blowdarts and unpoisoned spears. I've vanquished the silly buggers except for two; a last male which is being hunted. And Rodemem which killed the militia captain previously mentioned HAS TURNED FRIENDLY. FFFuuuuh.

Also; how do you get rid of a magma crab?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20786 on: March 17, 2012, 06:17:59 pm »

He has turned friendly in recognition of you either obliterating competitors, or as a sign that he is now you're vassle.

Either way you win.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20787 on: March 17, 2012, 06:19:49 pm »

any creature that gains a name becomes friendly to you. If there's a war in the caverns you'll have a lot of friends when it's over.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20788 on: March 17, 2012, 06:22:32 pm »

Awesome. He done got a vassal animalman/tribe.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20789 on: March 17, 2012, 06:23:42 pm »

One time I had four out of 20 swallow men friendly to me. They had clashed with various creatures in the caverns.
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 3842