Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121054 times)

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20760 on: March 17, 2012, 06:31:52 am »

With the great Lighthouse of Channelores Island complete, our adventurers prepare for the journey home...
"Medtob, cut the rope and weigh anchor!"
Spoiler: SPLASH! (click to show/hide)

Haha! Dwarvern boat launch party - working as intended  8)
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20761 on: March 17, 2012, 10:34:08 am »

So far, this bunny has defended my fortress better than anything else I have!

I love taking things out of context.

Does that mean I'm creative, or nuts ?

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20762 on: March 17, 2012, 10:52:32 am »

Quick question. Streams and brooks are infinite water right? I want to dig essentially a 4-5z story pit into the stream/brook after I dam it up in the winter so I can flood Goblins/Kobolds down into it from my hallways. Obviously, I want them to get crippled on impact and then drown, but I don't want the stream/brook to get screwed up.

They're infinite water, in as they never dry out; they're not infinite water, in as they cannot feed a limitless number of tiles with water.

You won't screw up your brook to play with this, but you can, essentially, drain your brook.  An aquifer makes a better plaything for this kind of work.

How badly would it get drained if I dug out a 3-4 z-level hole in the middle of the brook? It would be under a small bridge (likely 3-wide or 4-wide, can't recall the length off the top of my head but it's no longer than 5), so it would be somewhat wider than the bridge so I can catch plenty of gobbos in it. I hate messing with Aquifers. They ruin too many otherwise amazing maps because I can't get the cave-in method to work. Besides, this map doesn't have an aquifer anyway.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20763 on: March 17, 2012, 10:57:42 am »

Kea invasion... I'm just happy they're not giant kea, but the carried off some axes needed for woodcutting!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20764 on: March 17, 2012, 12:01:19 pm »

Messing around with new world generation.
Pocket world with 5 years genned.

"The Age of Roc and Mash Titan was a time when the roc Tislur the Vigorous Climax and the marsh titan Almef the Eel of Islands were the only great powers in the world."

That's one roc I want to fight.

Do you only fight dragons and titans in regions where Legends say they inhabit. Or can a dragon/titan/etc. migrate over to my fortress over time?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:37:03 pm by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20765 on: March 17, 2012, 12:40:33 pm »

A big burly orc thief just got chased off the map by my guard rattlesnake (That is an amusing mental image), and my modded in alchemy workshop has disappeared with no sign of it except a big pool of blood, some melted stone and a severely burned alchemist.  Obviously that means it's working.

Wish I was paying closer attention and actually saw the fireball when the alchemist hit that 20% chance to make explodium.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20766 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:58 pm »

Hahaha that is awesome!

Not just the snake but the alchemist.

Anyway, what is going on in my fort: I have a legendary fighter with 29 notable kills and a named steel battle axe. He single-handedly wiped out two ambushes while only getting a mild bruise on his arm from a silver flail.
Also; I'm preparing a spectacular execution to free up some cages/allow my dwarves some practice.
Alsoalso; third cavern. Fuck yeah. Breached it with the up-stairs at the bottom of a huuge staircase. I'm locking those stairs and making a more defensible entrance.

Still need to properly secure cavern number two although it is safe enough if I choose to leave it alone.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20767 on: March 17, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »

Embarked in the Joyous Wilds.
See what I think is flies..

It's a swarm of pixies.

... vermin.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #20768 on: March 17, 2012, 01:49:54 pm »

Everyone is exploding, good times.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20769 on: March 17, 2012, 02:20:52 pm »

Framerate dying.
In a pocket world. With pretty much no history.
Though my old regular world would play just fine.

Something's weird here.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20770 on: March 17, 2012, 02:32:51 pm »

six dwarven Legionaries, armed with iron or steel gladii, and various metal armor, have engages a mighty ettin.

Which strangled a kitten to death.
And is now fleeing in terror after shattering the foot of one of the legionaires who the milita commander was good friends with.

The ettin now has 5 out of 6 angry gladius armed dwarves chasing it and it is bleeding profusly.

EDIT: The ettin's right head was rendered toothless by an Iron gladius bitchslap, after the militia commander cut both lower legs and ruptured one of its lungs, and pancreas. The gladius bitchslapper stole the commander's glory when he lopped one head off and stomped the other in.

EDIT II: I managed to channel my miners into being alone in the caverns. SO I am now going to have the two of them start thier own carven city.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20771 on: March 17, 2012, 03:27:23 pm »

A bunch of standard stuff happened - cleaning up a tantrum spiral, blaming every murder (from the tantrums) on my two known vampires to extend their prison sentence, you know - normal stuff.

As I'm looking around my fort trying to organize it a bit, I find a huge stockpile of random crafts, earrings and amulets and such made of bone. That's funny, I don't remember making those, but I might have at the beginning of the fort. Well, I should probably move the stockpile out of the noble's rooms and up top.

Wait, there is no stockpile. It's all... owned... by teh captain of the guard. And half of it is hair and nail crafts... which he must have claimed form the dead elvish caravan. Then I go find this guy, Kib Orebstandard, to see if he has some sort of fetish. I find he's wearing 6 pages of stuff:
Earrings : 19
Rings: 21
Amulets: 21
Bracelets: 15

Oh yeah, and a pair of trousers, a dress, and a robe. I guess if you're barefoot and in pajama's, you can wear ~10 rings on each thumb (oh yeah, they're all on his thumbs), 21 amulets, and bracelets up to your shoulders.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20772 on: March 17, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »

Getting lucky with moods at the moment, so I have a few pocket legendaries - my glass industry is booming so I'll soon have a choppy-slice-dice corridor :)
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20773 on: March 17, 2012, 04:05:43 pm »

Legendary trapped miner is doing nicely. He has to live off pond turtles and water, but he's faring better than the novice stuck with him.

He refues to sleep, and is one a perpetual hunter for vermin despite there bieng none for him to hunt, and a pond turtle right next to him, waiting on my idiot legendary miner/competant fish cleaner to make edible.

Seriously, he's in a perpetual (Hunting vermin for food) state

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20774 on: March 17, 2012, 04:23:52 pm »

Apperantly my civ's ethics allow for vamperic feedings.  A vampire pounced on a sleeping crossbowman right in the middle of the meeting hall surrounded by probably 70 witnesses, including the captain of the guard and fortress executioner.  I saw it happen too, except I probably don't count.  Nobody did a thing to stop it.  Vampire even had the night creature icon during it.  I guess "I need blood to survive" counts as self defense in the eyes of [ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER:JUSTIFIED_IF_SELF_DEFENSE].

I responded by making the vampire the manager, giving him an office near the main hallway, and replacing his door with a glass window.  He responded to that by smoothing and engraving his new office with, cheese, grates, and emerald cut gems.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 3842