Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111906 times)

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12555 on: April 12, 2011, 02:00:10 pm »

Just dug a diaganol in error and my metal production facilities are now flooding with magma... i think i just !FUN!'d my fort >.<

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12556 on: April 12, 2011, 02:28:38 pm »

Dorfs had an epic battle with a six legged feathered skink.
The thing kept getting unfair kills.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12557 on: April 12, 2011, 02:29:54 pm »

Golly, that's cool. How do I produce a landmime like that?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12558 on: April 12, 2011, 02:33:17 pm »

My challenge[1] fort is destroyed! (frogman siege) Reclaim time!

[1a]everything aboveground
[1aa]min 10z level aboveground
[1b]no digging
[1c]no walling inside
[1d]no supplies in start
[1e]FD mod
[1g]no wooden traps components
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12559 on: April 12, 2011, 02:43:04 pm »

Down to one sane dwarf now, and she is named Haliluh. She is locked inside with two babbling dwarves that couldn't take it anymore. While she's unhappy, she isn't completely miserable so I have high hopes for her survival. A lone dwarf eating the food we have should last a long time.

Shame too, I was confident with this embark. I had 4 dwarves that each had 5 points in fighter and some other fighting skill (sword I think?). They were doing great killing skeletal goats and such. Those skeletal yaks though... freaking crazy. Anyways, one dwarf is plenty to last until migrants come, and we're now one locked door away from skeletons. As long as no goblin ambushers come (we're without a ceiling), we'll be great.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12560 on: April 12, 2011, 03:16:27 pm »

"until migrants come" they are supposed to win with s yaks?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12561 on: April 12, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »

Goblins ambushed me.
Needless to say, with all these merchants, the poor goblins never stood a chance.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12562 on: April 12, 2011, 03:43:10 pm »

What can't you win against when walled in?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12563 on: April 12, 2011, 03:45:55 pm »

What can't you win against when walled in?

I think we was referring to the migrants winning against Yakov Skeletov (In communist fortress, Yaks shave you!).
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12564 on: April 12, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »

Golly, that's cool. How do I produce a landmime like that?

Find a location that goblins pass on their way to your fort.  Make sure he ground is solid underneath the location (no tunnels directly underneath), Place a support there.  Build some scaffolding so you can get to the tile above the support.  Construct one wall above the support.  Remove scaffolding.  Build a pressure plate  next to the support. set the pressure plate to trigger on any size creature by reducing the minimum weight as far as it will go.  Make sure civilians don't trigger it.  Wait til the next siege and laugh as goblins are thrown around by cavein dust.

P.S. As stated it dosn't seem to always work, and I have no idea why, but when it does it seems remarkably damaging.  Would probably work extremely well when placed nearby a "dodge this" trap.   
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12565 on: April 12, 2011, 05:06:26 pm »

I have found out about Runesmith teleporting. I currently have a plump helmet man mascot, 3 magma crabs, 2 crundles, and an arena for my soldiers to prove themselves by fighting a ratman. awesome.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12566 on: April 12, 2011, 05:25:16 pm »

In the aftermath of the Second Goblin Ass-Fucking of Letterchanted, my halls are now home to a small Yak herd. They just... wandered right in, despite the fortress being several levels below ground and not even having any plants in the farm.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12567 on: April 12, 2011, 05:57:41 pm »

Someone created an artifact.

62400 Dwarfbucks.

I feel like he's trying to convey some message. Perhaps something about making a tree farm and using this grate as the creature blocker and he happened to mix up a giant mushroom and a shaggy plant that looks like elf hair.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12568 on: April 12, 2011, 06:14:11 pm »

I think my first tantrum spiral is brewing. Random giant bat attacks have killed 4 already and crippled 2. Currently the broker is tantruming in the food stockpile. All dwarves are miserable except for a random immigrant wood burner.

It's beautiful.

EDIT: While looking at some of the catacomb engravings, I found this one: "Engraved on the wall is a finely-designed image of boat-murdering horrors by Dodok Ismallikot."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:22:51 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12569 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:44 pm »

Somehow, all the way down the 141-z-level tall garbage chute to the magma, the air itself is splattered with blood. I have no idea how that makes any sense. Although, I have been pitching a lot of caged monsters and goblins down there. Clouds of evaporated blood?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:07:08 pm by Samuel »
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 3842