Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67783 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 4
« Reply #540 on: June 30, 2015, 10:13:07 am »

Feels like a mistake. 4 people voting for him = at least one scum, unless we assume it's a one person scumteam which doesn't seem likely at all. Really urging you to reconsider, Tiruin.
I did x_x
The only difference here is that 4mask is shifty in votes--the wildcard (who was H4zard before).
I'm REALLY unsure though, because his claims totally mirror the cult kills (and he's actually cult and totally honest, but lied about his role :v).
NQT is the nexus in my speculation set--so I wonder why he outed TDS as a GA, maybe to solidify his role (also in all honesty--maybe that's what he totally did to find any other threats and such. HOWEVER it is very weird that he didn't "find" the 'lone vampire' as a threat in itself, whether town OR cult because as far as I know, Sages don't get specifics, just clues.).

HOWEVER a TDS/4mask scumteam to me is...in the least, not plausible, because given NQT's ideas--he'd be outing someone who isn't even existing (or NQT/TDS are scum, 4mask is survivor...that too).

So I have reconsidered x_x; and NQT seems like the best choice in all this.

Or 4mask's some kind of really bad vampire. But that's just being silly. Barring the Dark Magus (being a very powerful one-role town-enemy), there's at least 1 cultist out there. Why I'm also voting NQT is because if in the chance that TDS is lying (which he isn't even disputing ;~;) then his support is scum.

With a one-man scum team protected by a GA we can still stave off LYLO if we lynch TDS-- 4mask, Cheetar, isn't that still a safe bet from your perspective?
I mean look at this! D:
This is so much bussing if all the speculation is correct, so much bussing that I wonder if our village has become the realm's bus depot.

And at this time it'd be a real time to bus, anyway. The consequences thereafter are confusing--sure, bus your buddy. The next day would still occur in a lynch vote (since the only person that can be NK'd is TDS...if y'all believe I'm town, or if I'm cult, then I NK the other guy surviving).

It'd be hilarious if you're an SK warbear Cheeet ._.

But I'd like your opinion: What backs up the feeling like its a mistake? I mean, its a reasonable feeling, but the critical thinking is step 2 to reason.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 30, 2015, 02:18:17 pm »

Just the everpresent panic that is not voting for the person with the suspicious last minute roleclaim. Lynching NQT here seems entirely too easy. I'm okay with it- it makes a lot of sense, if we're lynching town NQT, it means either you and 4mask are scum (we were screwed anyway) or it's a one person scumteam (so we live to next day), and if we're lynching scum it's the right decision. But it stills pokes at me, because I am insecure about this lynch.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 30, 2015, 05:00:17 pm »

As well you should be!

Look at it this way, if there's one scum left protected by the GA then we can safely kill the GA. If TDS is lying and is not a GA (I know this is false but still) then we can safely kill him. Lynching me will only work if 4mask successfully follows out his plan-- but do you really trust a 3rd party to side with town? We need to kill scum or their ally today so it has to be either TDS or Tiruin. The reason everyone is united here is Tiruin is scum, TDS does what she does and you and 4mask don't know anything.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 30, 2015, 07:34:15 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
notquitethere: Cheeetar, Tiruin, 4maskwolf, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: notquitethere

After a great deal of deliberation, you decide that notquitethere must die this day. The Baron nods and motions to the guards.

"Well, really", protests the doomed Sage. "There's no call for all of this hanging nonsense, is there?" The Baron's eyes narrows as the man talks frantically.

"I...I have copious notes! I'm sure we can work together on this issue!" His voice goes up a bit as the guards approach.

"Damn it! You'll not take me alive!" He pulls out a vial from inside his shirt and chugs the contents. "Stop him!" the Baron yells, but it is too late. notquitethere's face turns red and his eyes roll back in his head. By the time the guards reach him his body slumps to the ground, lifeless.

One of the guards searches the body and holds up one of the Cult symbols.

"Well done!" the Baron exclaims. "But we are not free of this evil yet. Return to your homes. We convene again tomorrow."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Night 4
« Reply #544 on: July 01, 2015, 12:59:03 pm »

Dawn breaks bright the next morning, the sun casting an orange glow over the town as it crests the hills.

Back in the Hall the Baron seems almost surprised to see all of you.

“A night without murders? A small miracle, but one I shan’t decline. You know what to do, so I will let you get to it.”

Day 5 has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 5 is quiet. Perhaps too quiet.
« Reply #545 on: July 01, 2015, 01:19:49 pm »

TheDarkStar

Yeeeeeep I called it.  I roleblocked him last night, and guess what? No murders.

To summarize my flavor, I snuck into his house right after dark, lurking outisde his door until he went to sleep.  I snuck into his room, drank his blood, and for good measure hit him in the head before departing to make good and sure he was unconscious.

Although to be frank, I'm not sure he would have killed last night anyway.  He couldn't kill Cheeetar, and if he killed Tiruin or me he would have been instantly outed.

I'll let you decide who in telling the truth, but I would like to call attention to the blatant bussing and distancing that occured yesterday as well as TDS's reluctance to refute my claim.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 01, 2015, 01:20:14 pm »

EBWOP: Blatant bussing and distancing between NQT and TDS.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 01, 2015, 01:25:02 pm »

Oh, and I would like to apologize for my absence at such a critical time during the day, there were... circumstances I'd rather not detail the prevented me from posting until after five PM Pacific.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 01, 2015, 05:28:21 pm »

No lynch. This is MYLO, and the scum was either roleblocked (in the case of TDS being scum) or chose not to kill (in the case of 4mask being scum). If you're lone vampire, 4mask, just drink from him again tonight.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 01, 2015, 10:08:19 pm »

Totally was 2 days away from the anything -_- Hooray.

No Lynch. Totally agree with you on that point Cheeetar (how do you do this thing where you are concise and say many things in so little words. Teach me your secrets!)

I mean, I was going to poke at 4mask's post saying that the same idea could be disclosed onto TDS' viewpoint (though the assertiveness makes me lean harder one way or another...)

EBWOP: Blatant bussing and distancing between NQT and TDS.
This too! D:
I mean really. That flavor was AWESOME. :-\ :'( And yet I have no idea which one is mainly scum (I'm biased because it would be so cool to have a GA protecting me...)

Though...Cheeet?
You are aware that mayhap, cult couldn't non'd right? And, like, made it seem like 4mask (in this context of situation) actually did block--since I have no total idea on whether I'm protected or not?
And then we'd have a third-party losing?
And then tomorrow would've somehow ended in-...ohhhhh.
But that'd sacrifice a probable GA. D:
Totally biased here.
But I guess that's a best scenario for town...
But what if you're an SK?! O_O
Oooo that's a nice twist.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 01, 2015, 11:23:45 pm »

According to my wincon, I win if my ward (Tiruin) survives to the end of the game. It doesn't matter if I personally live. However, I'm still going to say what I think.

Assuming no cult are left (which is what I suspect):
Tiruin is fine.
Cheeetar appears to be a town vet.
That leaves 4maskwolf. He claims to be a survivor, but he could be an SK. Also, 4maskwolf, how can I be cult or an SK/other evil third party when NQT vouches for me being GA?

If cult are left, anyone (except me because of NQT proving me GA) could be the last cult. 4mask could be lying about his role, and anyone else could be cult in addition to their role.

Also, I got no indication of being blocked. Mephansteras: Do blocked people get an indication that they were blocked?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 01, 2015, 11:36:31 pm »

Also, I got no indication of being blocked. Mephansteras: Do blocked people get an indication that they were blocked?
This is a good question--if someone did act, then there IS an indicator of some kind of prevention.
.-.
Weird thing is why did you claim the idea firsthand before letting your target speak, 4mask?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 02, 2015, 03:56:48 am »

No Lynch. Totally agree with you on that point Cheeetar (how do you do this thing where you are concise and say many things in so little words. Teach me your secrets!)

My brevity makes me terrible at writing essays and resumes- I'm happy it's good for something.

Though...Cheeet?
You are aware that mayhap, cult couldn't non'd right? And, like, made it seem like 4mask (in this context of situation) actually did block--since I have no total idea on whether I'm protected or not?
And then we'd have a third-party losing?
And then tomorrow would've somehow ended in-...ohhhhh.
But that'd sacrifice a probable GA. D:
Totally biased here.
But I guess that's a best scenario for town...
But what if you're an SK?! O_O
Oooo that's a nice twist.

I wasn't aware the cult couldn't choose to not kill. It's still possible 4mask is scum, but targeted you with the kill. Seeing as TDS still wins if you survive to end game, him dying tonight isn't putting him out of a win. He's an angel! It's not like he can't be happy about you surviving while he's in heaven or something.
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 02, 2015, 07:47:52 am »

My brevity makes me terrible at writing essays and resumes- I'm happy it's good for something.
The opposite stands true for me xD My unbrevity at times aids essays and formal writing due to the extent of detail.
And use of technical terms -.-

I wasn't aware the cult couldn't choose to not kill.

[..]
It's still possible 4mask is scum, but targeted you with the kill. Seeing as TDS still wins if you survive to end game, him dying tonight isn't putting him out of a win. He's an angel! It's not like he can't be happy about you surviving while he's in heaven or something.
Double negatives x_x
"I was aware that the cult could choose to not kill" <<< Correct? :D
Oh, true that. I've not seen the games before but looking back at the Lone Vampire PMs...its either a brilliant claim/fakeclaim, because there is no evidence that this matter can actually be confirmed by prior data. While Toaster was ded, risen, and subsequently Vampire'd on N2 (see: Night 2 in link), and we do know he is forced to feed, why I say its brilliant is because we are subsequently denied proof of any action present.

Also I have no data on me sighting any graves being dug up or disturbed, but rather I choose to believe the grass is still growing well these days.

So this Lone Vampire is quite a...special case here. Why I say so is because of the depth of the intellect in comprising a case--I am torn between seeing NQT/TDS and NQT/4mask, because both are still valid. Tracing back in the earlier days, knowing NQT/4mask are replacements themselves, their predecessors...don't...give. much.
notquitethere replaced in for spruce (Lack of Time)

Tiruin replaced in for EPenguin (Lack of Time)

4maskwolf is replacing H4zardZ1 (Lack of Time)
H4zardZ1 is replacing roo (Vanished)

Checking H4zard brings up a state of ambiguity; his posts speak more along ambivalence while checking sides...though he loves the blue with a lack of the red...and left after I somewhat prodded him so I'm partly biased there -.- But I do wish him well in all his endeavors though.

spruce is kinda more like a tactical planner. A mirror semblance of NQT's attitude given how he provided info and gave tracking all throughout the game (before disappearing too for reasons I don't know. ;_; Hope he's ok in the same). Also his silliness. Love that answer to Jack. :P
It's kinda amazing and hilarious in the same time how two players, both who faced each other off in a game not hosted here, get to meet as one-after-the-other due to circumstances unknown. Anyway. Last linkie here is something that concerns me. The placement of the wording...in that current time is...weird. While I may be posting in advance before the two main headlights(?) even get to speak their word (and thus may be providing prior bias), this...is quite specific referring to one of the speculations we've got right now: {Fake}claims.

It's an innocuous answer, an answer only revealed with a direct guess to intent when the speaker has his alignment known.

So I'm REAL wary of my...my...dear Guardian Angel here.
(Bonus points if they talked about who the wincon protect-person was in scumchat, if TDS is actually cult scum. And its relation to me. That too. >_>)
Hrrrnnng that flavor...

So...yeah, I'm defer(?)ring to Cheeet's logic of No Lynching. If you're truly a Lone Vampire, 4mask, then you can suck TDS. If TDS is an angel, he'll save the town and fulfill the prophecy as predicted by a moderately-jaded Sage. If TDS is an angel, keep the protects coming: Forgive me if I have to give more faith into the benefit of the doubt here.

I'll just chill in the meantime. Totally reaping the benefits of a part-time clergy here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 02, 2015, 09:37:40 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: 4maskwolf
No Lynch: Cheeetar, Tiruin

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday

Yes, a blocked player always knows they were blocked (even if they had no action to block)
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42