Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433052 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Well, either that or Tessa has metric shittons of magical shields placed on her by the principal to stop the students enforcing the proto-masquerade through a combination of mind-fuckery and violence.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Why is everything eldritch abominations with you? Why can't she just be a supernatural? Isn't that enough?
I pine for the days when the supernatural was enough, but no, you have to go for eldritch abominations before even deciding how the supernatural works.
The question you should be asking yourself is, really, why not?
It provides ridiculously high stakes and drama, and throws in the interesting element of 'how many others like her are there, scattered all over the world?'
Basically, I think it'd make an interesting plot point.
It's Over Used.
...gimme the trope name, then we'll talk about it being Over Used.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

God in Human Form, Apocalypse Maiden, Humanoid Abomination, Angel Unaware...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

God in Human Form, Apocalypse Maiden, Humanoid Abomination, Angel Unaware...
You've made your point, Elf.
Good for you.
*sobs in corner*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, Crouching Moron Hidden Badass tends to be a tad overused when it comes to the harmless looking one.

I still like the idea of her either being heavily shielded (or she's actually just a plant) so that the practice masquerade will actually teach applicable skills.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, Crouching Moron Hidden Badass tends to be a tad overused when it comes to the harmless looking one.
*raises hand* Guilty.
Although calling Sabrina a Hidden Badass at the moment is....kind of a stretch. :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Crouching Moron, Oh Shit She Fell Over
Black lives matter.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

I could make a dozen creatures, each accurate to folklore, but make them seem completely alien to you, and each other.
I could make that happen with creatures from the same folklore.

Or course, I wont name examples, I'm just planting the idea.

You can go far, even with established lore. There's always things not set in stone, different interpretations, and the fact that time can change a lot of things.
And none would have to deal with eldritch abominations or extra-dimensional gods.

Even an elf, from Norse mythology, can make very different creatures. When you mentioned Tolkien elves, that's interesting.
Middle Earth, that name is so obvious, Mid Gard*. The elves from Lord of the Rings are based on Norse mythology.
In touch with nature, the elves are Vættir, Nature Spirits. Immortal, the elves are bound to the land, and they're magical.
And that's just one example.

*Gard can be translated into field, especially one which translated into the Norwegian word Jorde (field for farming), which is similar to Jord (earth, specifically, soil).
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But normal creatures are, like, so last season, totally!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

If we can make more than two students instead of two and a teacher, I'm totally making a super-simple character. Maybe a werewolf, since Yourmaster kind of..... Left.
Black lives matter.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

hey

hey guise

want to know something, something really cool

you can make up whatever character you want

whether you've spent ten hours researching mythology and background psychology

or you've just gone 'ah fuck it' and made a generic werewolf, winging the lore as you go

it literally does not matter, no-one else honestly cares as long as the RP is on point

if it isn't go stuff your head down a toilet, why are you here
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

...remember those power level debates and whatnot?
That's why lore is important.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey

hey guise

want to know something, something really cool

you can make up whatever character you want

whether you've spent ten hours researching mythology and background psychology

or you've just gone 'ah fuck it' and made a generic werewolf, winging the lore as you go

it literally does not matter, no-one else honestly cares as long as the RP is on point

if it isn't go stuff your head down a toilet, why are you here
i shall stuff your head down a toilet then, considering you already said you're just here for OOC bants :P

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Nah, I saw the glimmer of a possible player-run plot, which looks promising. I'm now trying to see how much mischief I can get myself into in the meantime.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, I saw the glimmer of a possible player-run plot, which looks promising. I'm now trying to see how much mischief I can get myself into in the meantime.
lies*
no such thing as plot in this game

*No but seriously the plot might be a little derailed by the fact that only four people apart from the teacher are in it, and of the four, one doesn't know, one will likely get corrupted horribly by it and another doesn't care. :P
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 534