Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433808 times)

mdk666

• Bay Watcher
  • cheaply produced multi-functional biological tool
    • View Profile

Lets go bag us a John~!
Bag him as in kill him? That, you'll find, isn't done by destroying his body.
The world will look up and shout: "Spare us."
And I will laugh.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

...wasn't the foxfire already removed a while back?
Correct. Kiri removed it to avoid potential explosions.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

...wasn't the foxfire already removed a while back?
Correct. Kiri removed it to avoid potential explosions.
Thought so. Now I need to figure out how to make Wiles ridiculously broken/Lord Vile.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It isn't exactly pleasant for part of your soul to explode. Even if it's an unnecessary part built specifically to be shaped into a spell. Still hurts.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- foxfire would have worked as fire if Kiri hadn't him provided with that sample of somehow solid, non-sticky, room-temperature flame. Whatever electrical properties foxfire might have are lost on John, 'cause normal flames aren't electrical.

This is contradictory. If John believes fire burns, he shouldn't be able to hold or perceive the foxfire as anything other than burny. Since he isn't affected by anything other than what he believes something as, having a fireball tossed at you, regardless of temperature doesn't fucking matter. Fire burns and that is the only bit that matters. He couldn't even begin to perceive it as anything other than burny. He shouldn't have been able to catch it in the first place. Or feel that it was cold.

mdk666

• Bay Watcher
  • cheaply produced multi-functional biological tool
    • View Profile

- foxfire would have worked as fire if Kiri hadn't him provided with that sample of somehow solid, non-sticky, room-temperature flame. Whatever electrical properties foxfire might have are lost on John, 'cause normal flames aren't electrical.

This is contradictory. If John believes fire burns, he shouldn't be able to hold or perceive the foxfire as anything other than burny. Since he isn't affected by anything other than what he believes something as, having a fireball tossed at you, regardless of temperature doesn't fucking matter. Fire burns and that is the only bit that matters. He couldn't even begin to perceive it as anything other than burny. He shouldn't have been able to catch it in the first place. Or feel that it was cold.
You're forgetting that John has seen Eathon (in his human form) and Kiri holding similar balls of foxfire and called it a prop before Kiri threw that ball to him.
The world will look up and shout: "Spare us."
And I will laugh.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That doesn't really change the fact that a ball of fire was lobbed at him. He isn't gonna sit down and logic it out. He's barely gonna think about it before it hits.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

...that's not really how it works I don't think.
He doesn't exactly have time to logic out how a fist is going to affect him either but it does so anyway.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He examined the room first and the occupants first. Then Kiri spoke and tossed the fire.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That doesn't mean he's gonna logic that he got a ball of fire tossed at him.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

...he's not gonna be able to logic that a bullet hit him from the back either but as best as I can tell it still hurts him.
So, y'know.
I'm fairly sure it's subconscious or whatever.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That doesn't mean he's gonna logic that he got a ball of fire tossed at him.
How does it not? Ethon was holding a ball of fire and Kiri was eating one. Furthermore, it doesn't even look or act like normal fire, since normally people can't just toss a ball of fire at someone.

Plus there is always the possibility that his species would analyze that sort of thing. I mean, he isn't human, so human-like thoughts and instincts need not apply.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's been stated as functionally human.

...he's not gonna be able to logic that a bullet hit him from the back either but as best as I can tell it still hurts him.
So, y'know.
I'm fairly sure it's subconscious or whatever.
^

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kiri's also been stated in his own character sheet to have little experience with foxfire and mainly uses it to power illusions. Yet he apparently also used it to shatter reality, fire a steel-melting beam of energy, and attempted to drag someone away using it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Kiri's also been stated in his own character sheet to have little experience with foxfire and mainly uses it to power illusions. Yet he apparently also used it to shatter reality, fire a steel-melting beam of energy, and attempted to drag someone away using it.
Illusion of shattering reality, I think, but the rest definitely applies.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 534