Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433615 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

I have yet to see Kevak come off the worst in any given power-limits argument.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Corruption is very much relevant to the game. Kumo nearly had it.

Power growth is also relevant.

Eh, I'm just going to try and nail the coffin for the Kitsune-OP-pls-nerf.

First problem, time, it takes long for them to reach power, and even Humans can attain it faster than them.
Second, corruption. The Kitsune has to be super careful outside safe places (the school, shrines, the entirety of Japan), hence why you don't see them elsewhere that often.
Third, their souls. The problem with Kitsune, are that their souls are big and tasty. Anyone who eats souls would hunt down and eat the Kitsune.
Fourth, other folklore. There are spirit eaters capable of taking down the mightiest of spiritual warriors, how do you think a Kitsune that's never trained in spirit combat fares?

In Japan the Kitsune are supposed to be godlike, but when you cross it over with other folklore and mythology, then they lose that advantage.
The downsides have to actually be relevant to the game though. Energy absorbtion is definently a downside.
Magic. Not energy. Sword go boom if she doesn't let Kiri remove it like any sane person would.

Getting away with things because he knows what he's talking about doesn't warrant a gank. That's metagamey and kind of... what's the words... Childish and stupid? Yeah.
The best solution is to research~

It does,however, warrant a bit of irritation when a 16 year old fox spirit could kick the asses of two dragons, an embodiment of kill everything, yet supposedly gets their asses kicked by a house spirit or a pissed off human with a rifle. :P
I'm pretty sure Tor could mop the floor with Kiri unless Kiri attacked a completely unprepared Tor. And then that's still a maybe.

Dragons would be more of a who attacked first thing.

As a general rule, unprepared Kiri loses.

Getting away with things because he knows what he's talking about doesn't warrant a gank. That's metagamey and kind of... what's the words... Childish and stupid? Yeah.
I'm not going to back down from someone who's trying to make a Mary Sue again.
Wut?

^ Look at Tor.

Stahp ninjaing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Well, I don't like that Kiri is basically more powerful than everyone, but as he admits; the likes of Yuri could literally just come up and shiv him in the skull or slip him poison and kill him before he even realises he's got enemies.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Thing is, I have yet to see half Kevak's stuff in well-known myth or legend.
Links plz.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Links plz.
I suppose I can't argue with that.

Then again, Domovoi aren't exactly well-known myth and legend, seeing as I've seen all of one author even remotely reference them.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

So basically, Kiri is on extremely thin ice and will probably get revenge attacked repeatedly if he isn't constantly on his toes?

Links plz.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Links plz.
I suppose I can't argue with that.

Then again, Domovoi aren't exactly well-known myth and legend. :P
Hey, I knew what they were. Powers seem legit, although again, links plz.
thincake

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I'm not backing down on this. Kiri needs to get a bitch slap that he can't do everything just because he's a little special.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No links. I actually made UP most of Yuri's powers because Domovoi were basically 'helpful poltergeists' without it. Which, when we had Selina and Fred being ghost-y types already, kinda made a real-world based Domovoi kinda just the same as everything else.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

I'm not backing down on this. Kiri needs to get a bitch slap that he can't do everything just because he's a little special.
Hear hear.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell, Ether could take Kiri in a prepared fight and probably win. Kiri's a fairly squishy Support Caster around the same power level as Ether. Ether's an Offensive Caster who also is an eldritch abomination.

Links plz.
I'll add that to my priority to do list. Will have them within a few days. (Aka when I run out of irl stuff I need to get done {which is a lot, collage apps are an ass} and update all my games)

You're either gonna explode or Kiri's gonna forcibly pull the foxfire out of you before you explode. Prolly the latter so we don't off a character because stupid.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Niether will happen Kevak.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Alright. That's enough. Kevak, post a link to a reliable source, about why the powers work as they do. In this case, specifically for why Falchion would blow up would be good. If it makes sense, then it goes. If you can't do that, I'm going to have to say that Falchion's fine.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

You should probably halt the IC between you two until the GM comes back on and decides for you, because neither side is ready to back down.

bloody ninjas
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. That's enough. Kevak, post a link to a reliable source, about why the powers work as they do. In this case, specifically for why Falchion would blow up would be good. If it makes sense, then it goes. If you can't do that, I'm going to have to say that Falchion's fine.
Already removed the foxfire IC. Will retrieve links within next couple days.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 534