Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433155 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A bit sparse flair wise, and probably actually pretty overkill, but yeah Emp that is more than acceptable.
Yeah, the actual style itself is rather minimalistic as well, plus I figured that adding more text would just piss people off :P

I would greet that with a take down and an arm bar... But I love it .
That'd probably work. I mean, the kick is normally hard to react to due to being aimed low (though it is usually slower than the punch, depends on the person though, I've found my kicks are on average the same speed as my punches or slightly faster for example), but as long as you back away it's not going to hit, which means the parry punch won't hit either (the kicks have slightly higher range than the punches, unless it's a hook kick, but those are very dangerous to be on the receiving end of). Then the takedown could probably work if they misjudge distance and still attempt the parry punch. Otherwise, it'll depend on their reaction. But since it's a beginner's move, they probably won't have any good counters to a take-down.

Too fast, they can't dodge properly, and may not even be able to block. Too forceful, and they can't block it without taking damage anyway.
What I've been taught at least, is that, out of the two, speed is what matters the most. Having high velocity will naturally increase the force.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Yeah generally Emp.

In fact the two tend to correlate pretty much... perfectly.

considering that if you increase the force of a punch, outside of weird magic that makes it treat resistance as an absolute, its speed will by necessity increase (well, that or its mass... or both if you run out of possible speed but still.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:05:24 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No. This should be nothing. I've done shit like this every day. There's something interfering with my control directly somehow." He grits his teeth. "Don't know what it is. Can't be magic, the sheer amount of Malice would burn it out. And I'm not in shock, or pain, so it's not that, and none of these things actually require me to focus on them, so I'm not losing control directly, I just... It's like there's some sort of blockage in the Malice I'm not able to detect, which shouldn't be possible. Malice is pure negative emotion until I draw it out and form it into power, meaning that physical obstructions, or even most magical ones, wouldn't obstruct its flow through my body. It's like there's some kind of... Other emotion in there, somehow. But that's impossible."
((*squee*))
Don't get ahead of yourself. I doubt he's developing normal love after less than a week. Probably just indigestion, or a spirit lodged in him somewhere that is turning into an eldritch horror with an infectious curse that is inflicted on mere sight.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"No. This should be nothing. I've done shit like this every day. There's something interfering with my control directly somehow." He grits his teeth. "Don't know what it is. Can't be magic, the sheer amount of Malice would burn it out. And I'm not in shock, or pain, so it's not that, and none of these things actually require me to focus on them, so I'm not losing control directly, I just... It's like there's some sort of blockage in the Malice I'm not able to detect, which shouldn't be possible. Malice is pure negative emotion until I draw it out and form it into power, meaning that physical obstructions, or even most magical ones, wouldn't obstruct its flow through my body. It's like there's some kind of... Other emotion in there, somehow. But that's impossible."
((*squee*))
Don't get ahead of yourself. I doubt he's developing normal love after less than a week. Probably just indigestion, or a spirit lodged in him somewhere that is turning into an eldritch horror with an infectious curse that is inflicted on mere sight.

Can confirm, not love.

if anything genuine it's just enjoying himself or something.

But
Spoilers.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

squeeee

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

squeeee

*hits him with a stick to calm him down*

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SQUEE

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

squeeee
Elf, calm down.
Tori will go back to hating everything soon enough.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

If only to spite Elf.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*hiss*
you will never succeed
i like his hatred just as much as his other emotions

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

*hiss*
you will never succeed
i like his hatred just as much as his other emotions
...elf, I have doubts whether or not you like anything at all.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

good

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He seems to like stabbing an awful lot.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

He seems to like stabbing an awful lot.

Or maybe he's just trying to lull you into a false sense of security while keeping it a secret he much prefers slashing?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

squeeee
Elf, calm down.
Tori will go back to hating everything soon enough.
Anyway, even if he were an ordinary person I doubt he'd have fallen in love so fast.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 534