Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 431781 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Says the guy who had days in his game last several weeks IRL... :P

Yes.

Which is why I am qualified to say that that is a really bad thing.

Learning from my mistakes and all that.

It's a thing.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could just be that every 3 RL days he changes the poll to when to end the current game day.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Says the guy who had days in his game last several weeks IRL... :P

Yes.

Which is why I am qualified to say that that is a really bad thing.

Learning from my mistakes and all that.

It's a thing.
LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKES IS FOR MATURE PEOPLE *backflips away*
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Or designated people who are qualified for timeskips to the next day :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The illusion prevents people from feeling her fur, or seeing her ears and tail. Eyes still huge, but not to the proportions of the picture. :P

The fur is hidden with the projection over her body that just makes you see something different. The ears and tail as well are given the same treatment, but there is also an addition to hide them completely from perception by making them too hard to notice. (Which would work any human being and affects camera footage to an extent) Finally, that same perception 'charm' making her ears and tail unnoticeable also makes their touch unnoticeable.
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Moving questions over here because OOC

So to explain what I mean by a 'projection' vs a 'perception alteration':

So there are two classes of illusion.

One manipulates sensory input in the brain, producing a mental image which doesn't actually exist. This is 'perception alteration'. Generally quick and dirty, and easy to recognize and dispel if you have practice.

The other is called, alternately, 'True Illusion' or 'Projection'. Essentially, Projection creates an object within actual space which doesn't actually... exist. It's just a thin mana construct. Powerful ones can, in theory, have actual mass and such, but generally they're only as durable as air, since... well, that's what they are.

The illusion prevents people from feeling her fur, or seeing her ears and tail. Eyes still huge, but not to the proportions of the picture. :P

The fur is hidden with the projection over her body that just makes you see something different. The ears and tail as well are given the same treatment, but there is also an addition to hide them completely from perception by making them too hard to notice. (Which would work any human being and affects camera footage to an extent) Finally, that same perception 'charm' making her ears and tail unnoticeable also makes their touch unnoticeable.

... Okay, so that's at least mostly perception alteration. Specifically, the second part. First part... depends on how it functions. Might be a projection, so Yeah.

She's like a cat with a rat tail since the fur on the ears is usually super short or nonexistent anyway.

... He might confuse her for a rat girl by accident.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:52:58 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Combination of both. Stop pestering me with specifics when the only reason she has it is so humans won't notice her animal-ness. ONLY REASON. -_- Doesn't matter if others notice.
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Combination of both. Stop pestering me with specifics when the only reason she has it is so humans won't notice her animal-ness. ONLY REASON. -_- Doesn't matter if others notice.

Well I need to figure out what he sees, yo XD

Now I know!

... this will be... amusing.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

This is why I'm playing a base human, magic is confusing.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who actually defines what magic is and what each variety thereof does? Do people just argue back and forth if they disagree?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Who actually defines what magic is and what each variety thereof does? Do people just argue back and forth if they disagree?

It's kinda like how ROTMG was in the beginning, I think.

Everything goes, and if there are conflicts you can either chalk it up to different experiences with magic or just find a way to incorporate them.

if there's a disagreement that can't be handled by the players involved, the GM makes a ruling.

With mine I at least try to make the descriptions as wide as possible so that most anything can fit within them.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I take it that what is known about technology, the universe, etc. holds true and isn't something players are allowed to tamper with? So for example, space-time being knitted together from quantum entanglement between entities, and not just replaced with a series of surgically implanted burgers that dictate the concepts of space and time?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Projecktions are fun :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

With Kitsune, Mass Illusion is probably the closest thing to what you're calling projection. It's easier for Yakko to do, but fine detail is harder for Yakko.

Inari specialize in fine detail and perception alteration. A onetail Inari could do the letter thing Kiri does for example or convince a journyman swordsmith that a stick is a real sword (given, said Inari would have to know how swords work/look like), but a onetail Yakko could not. A onetail Yakko could convince a room of fifty people that there's a floating icecream truck out the window or that there are spiders everywhere. A onetial Inari could not.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I take it that what is known about technology, the universe, etc. holds true and isn't something players are allowed to tamper with? So for example, space-time being knitted together from quantum entanglement between entities, and not just replaced with a series of surgically implanted burgers that dictate the concepts of space and time?

It's assumed to be the real world, but with magic, yes.

With Kitsune, Mass Illusion is probably the closest thing to what you're calling projection. It's easier for Yakko to do, but fine detail is harder for Yakko.

Inari specialize in fine detail and perception alteration. A onetail Inari could do the letter thing Kiri does for example or convince a journyman swordsmith that a stick is a real sword (given, said Inari would have to know how swords work/look like), but a onetail Yakko could not. A onetail Yakko could convince a room of fifty people that there's a floating icecream truck out the window or that there are spiders everywhere. A onetial Inari could not.

Second one could be Perception Alteration, too, since it's still just changing how someone sees the world, just applied over a bunch of people.

Sounds more like Yakko just have more power, but less finesse, and Kitsune Illusions are generally (at least naturally) perception alteration.

Of course, there's nothing saying they CAN'T make a projection.

It's just harder, and requires both power (to actually make the shell) and finesse (to make it believable), so it's probably only something they can do with a higher tail-count.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:08:04 am by ragnarok97071 »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 534