Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430362 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

The aura.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

That's not the point, I thought the point was that Kiri's outer aura COULDN'T HANDLE Malice.
No. Think of it like piling up chicken on a plate. Eventually you run out of room for chicken. Gotta kick some chicken off.

Except the chicken is Yog Sathoth and is fully capable of turning the rest of that plate of food into more of itself and then trying to kill you.

It's too much, though. Kiri can eat Torimus' hatred, just not Malice because that is literally too powerful for anyone to handle.
I think that's right.

Technically possible, except the two are so close to indistinguishable that it really wouldn't be worth it, and he could slip some of the bad stuff in if you piss him off even a little. Which... yeah.

That's not the point, I thought the point was that Kiri's outer aura COULDN'T HANDLE Malice.

Hell, a nine-tail couldn't handle malice.

This is the kind of things that when a literal god gets infected with it they either catch it early or end up having to basically declare exterminatus on their worshipers to prevent death cults from springing up.

You can't forcefeed. You can dump energy into the outer aura, but the Kitsune in question has absolute control over what they digest.

What Kiri would do is store it in his Outer Aura for helping with catalyzing later tails. A Kitsune needs to have a stable balance of all emotions to use as a catalyst prevent Issues from cropping up each uptail. Hate is haaaaard to get. It makes sense to store it for the future.

Actually, he can. Same way he can do it to a ghost.

Just force it directly into his soul.
A Kitsune's soul is very much nonstandard. Also protected by the Inner Aura. Not really plausible.

what part of it being a literally unstoppable force when used offensively did you not get?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so Ragnarok is arguing that the malice would take-over and control the kitsune, turning them into some sort of malicious entity (not entirely sure how that differs from a Yako-Kitsune). Kevak is arguing that the malice would overload the kitsune and force them to vent all of it with presumably large amounts of collateral damage.

And somewhere along the way, we got into surgical burger implantation.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

So, what would happen, if hypothetically there was a being capable of consuming Tor's Malice WITHOUT going insane? I know it's probably impossible short of being the principal, but I'm curious.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's basically Plutarch. Except it also enables it to try and murder everyone without the risk of it depleting enough anger to make it dissipate. So yeah, the person that can is a raging asshole.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Okay, so Ragnarok is arguing that the malice would take-over and control the kitsune, turning them into some sort of malicious entity (not entirely sure how that differs from a Yako-Kitsune). Kevak is arguing that the malice would overload the kitsune and force them to vent all of it with presumably large amounts of collateral damage.

Using the food metaphor, not a bad analogy.

Also, even if he tried to vent it quickly, at that point it wouldn't matter. The hateorgy thus spawned would then proceed to fuel it enough to regenerate itself as fast as he used it.

Also, IIRC Yako-Kitsune are mostly trickster assholes.

This would be straight-up murderous.

So, what would happen, if hypothetically there was a being capable of consuming Tor's Malice WITHOUT going insane? I know it's probably impossible short of being the principal, but I'm curious.

Not impossible. There's a power that is built specifically to do that.

It's called Willpower. Its main power is literally to keep Malice contained and occasionally let it out in EXTREMELY controlled bursts to turn the person using it into an eldrich abomination for a short period of time at the cost of their sanity and a chance of losing control and going completely insane.

The few people that could use it (all humans, by the way) were mostly killed off because, you know.

Occasionally go berserk and level entire villages.

Tends to make problems.

That's basically Plutarch. Except it also enables it to try and murder everyone without the risk of it depleting enough anger to make it dissipate. So yeah, the person that can is a raging asshole.

That's not not being insane, that's being a fucking awesome actor and having a comparatively little amount of Malice.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:43:28 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Yakko is not malicious. They're just stereotyped as malicious due to their tendency towards sadistic mischief. A Kerege Corrupted Kitsune would be a malicous entity. As would Literally Anything Corrupted By Kerege.

This Includes Gods.

No. Think of it like piling up chicken on a plate. Eventually you run out of room for chicken. Gotta kick some chicken off.

Except the chicken is Yog Sathoth and is fully capable of turning the rest of that plate of food into more of itself and then trying to kill you.

It's too much, though. Kiri can eat Torimus' hatred, just not Malice because that is literally too powerful for anyone to handle.
I think that's right.

Technically possible, except the two are so close to indistinguishable that it really wouldn't be worth it, and he could slip some of the bad stuff in if you piss him off even a little. Which... yeah.

Hell, a nine-tail couldn't handle malice.

This is the kind of things that when a literal god gets infected with it they either catch it early or end up having to basically declare exterminatus on their worshipers to prevent death cults from springing up.

You can't forcefeed. You can dump energy into the outer aura, but the Kitsune in question has absolute control over what they digest.

What Kiri would do is store it in his Outer Aura for helping with catalyzing later tails. A Kitsune needs to have a stable balance of all emotions to use as a catalyst prevent Issues from cropping up each uptail. Hate is haaaaard to get. It makes sense to store it for the future.

Actually, he can. Same way he can do it to a ghost.

Just force it directly into his soul.
A Kitsune's soul is very much nonstandard. Also protected by the Inner Aura. Not really plausible.

what part of it being a literally unstoppable force when used offensively did you not get?
I'm gonna call bullshit. Energy has to come from somewhere. Also, remember? Absolute Control over Inner Aura. Doesn't matter if your output is unstoppable. You can't make the fox eat it and therefore you cannot get past it. Kitsune has to go Kerege to get an equivalent result.

Using the food metaphor, not a bad analogy.

Also, even if he tried to vent it quickly, at that point it wouldn't matter. The hateorgy thus spawned would then proceed to fuel it enough to regenerate itself as fast as he used it.

Also, IIRC Yako-Kitsune are mostly trickster assholes.

This would be straight-up murderous.

Not impossible. There's a power that is built specifically to do that.

It's called Willpower. Its main power is literally to keep Malice contained and occasionally let it out in EXTREMELY controlled bursts to turn the person using it into an eldrich abomination for a short period of time at the cost of their sanity and a chance of losing control and going completely insane.

The few people that could use it (all humans, by the way) were mostly killed off because, you know.

Occasionally go berserk and level entire villages.

Tends to make problems.

That's not not being insane, that's being a fucking awesome actor and having a comparatively little amount of Malice.
Again, gonna point out that it can't make more of itself with a Kitsune. Kitsune don't emotion the same way as normal people.   It can't self replicate if it doesn't have anything to alter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Pretty sure sadistic mischief is malicious.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty sure sadistic mischief is malicious.
Nope. Malicious is just being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Kitsune are beings, yes?

They have souls, bodies, energy?

then Malice can corrupt them.

That's what it does.

It's a force of corruption that can only KINDA be used by people who aren't completely evil nutjobs when paired with an ability that was created SPECIFICALLY TO DO SO, and even THAT eventually breaks down if it's used too often.

It is basically specifically engineered to corrupt and consume spirits, whether contained in an earthly shell or free, and is powerful enough to consume gods if they get too much in them while killing something that got too infected with it, which is why they usually send specially trained and really awesome non god-tier sups to deal with them.

You are, on the grand scheme of things, of a race that is 1) for the most part spirit-based, and 2) servile to a god.

Malice would fuck over Inari if it got in her system, and in the process turn her into an Old One.

why do you think you can handle it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:52:38 am by ragnarok97071 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kitsune are beings, yes?

That's what it does.

It's a force of corruption that can only KINDA be used by people who aren't completely evil nutjobs when paired with an ability that was created SPECIFICALLY TO DO SO, and even THAT eventually breaks down if it's used too often.

You are, on the grand scheme of things, of a race that is 1) for the most part spirit-based, and 2) servile to a god.

This shit would fuck over Inari if it got in her system, and in the process turn her into an Old One.

Kerege is the Only thing that can corrupt most creatures from japanese lore. Doesn't matter if Malice can corrupt most things. It Can't corrupt that which Kerege claims.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Kitsune are beings, yes?

That's what it does.

This shit would fuck over Inari if it got in her system, and in the process turn her into an Old One.

Kerege is the Only thing that can corrupt most creatures from japanese lore. Doesn't matter if Malice can corrupt most things. It Can't corrupt that which Kerege claims.

Hey, guess where the game Malice is from is set?

No, seriously, guess.

Did you guess japan?

You're right!

:3

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

This'd be settled if we establish Malice is either entirely separate from Kerege or the exact same thing.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

This'd be settled if we establish Malice is either entirely separate from Kerege or the exact same thing.

It's a separate force that happens to have similar effects.

One of the first bosses you fight in the game I got the concept from was a corrupted fox spirit.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

sik burnz
Although...
Are you sure Malice isn't just Kerege renamed for an American audience?
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 534