Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430427 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

So basically what you're saying ragnarok, is that you're character is so powerful that Kevak's just can't fuck with him? I call bullshit. Like, massive bullshit.

Not exactly.

That's just the easiest way to explain it since apparently pointing out that feeding off an energy that's about as good at corrupting and destroying as cthulu is at making people crazy is generally a terrible idea no matter who's doing it.

To explain Tor's power, relatively speaking.

He is ENORMOUSLY powerful, sheer energy-wise. Incalculably so.

Except he can't even pull out most of that energy, and even if he could he couldn't CONTROL it, because of the very nature of that power.

I'm mostly arguing that if something literally COMPOSED of Malice and with a race that with any other force would give him complete dominance over that power is physically incapable of doing anything but pointing it at things and letting loose, how is a relatively low-tier (at the moment) spirit going to do it?

Foxfire is the equivalent of rocket fuel where normal magic is the equivalent of gasoline,

As for the eating too much of one type of emotion. What happens is already established in Japansese lore. Kerege. Shit gets bad.

Kerege only comes into play however. IF it's digested or used as a catalyst. Doesn't matter if it's in the Outer Aura. Although other completely unrelated things can cause Kerege to come into play.

Except Malice isn't your normal, run-of-the-mill anger.

Put it like this.

The last time someone capable of controlling Malice to even a vague degree (one of those bloodlines I mentioned earlier) managed to actually get control over it properly it was treated as a sign of the apocalypse.

Basically, Malice is The Corruption, technically treated as both an energy and an emotion because of its composition, and is impossible to handle in ANY WAY, yes that includes eating it, without TERRIBLE REPERCUSSIONS.

Also, in your comparisons, with that Malice would be somewhere in the magnitude of a good sized star.

So basically a Kerege corrupted organism. I fail to see how that wouldn't prompt a very very very large quantity of deities and ninetails descending on it to purify it.

... No.

More like 'oh hey, remember how you used to use foxfire? Yeah, you're not a kitsune anymore, so that's out. On the other hand, here, have this brand new shiny black and red fire that does the same thing way more efficiently, except you're also permanently insane! Oh, also, I'll be taking your soul now. Have fun killing people indescriminately!'

Oh also, since I missed it before.

Gamerlord: your*
That's literally what a Kerege corruption is. Just without the soul stealing.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is just turning into a list of reasons of why Plutarch would want to eat them.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

So basically what you're saying ragnarok, is that you're character is so powerful that Kevak's just can't fuck with him? I call bullshit. Like, massive bullshit.

Not exactly.

That's just the easiest way to explain it since apparently pointing out that feeding off an energy that's about as good at corrupting and destroying as cthulu is at making people crazy is generally a terrible idea no matter who's doing it.

To explain Tor's power, relatively speaking.

He is ENORMOUSLY powerful, sheer energy-wise. Incalculably so.

Except he can't even pull out most of that energy, and even if he could he couldn't CONTROL it, because of the very nature of that power.

I'm mostly arguing that if something literally COMPOSED of Malice and with a race that with any other force would give him complete dominance over that power is physically incapable of doing anything but pointing it at things and letting loose, how is a relatively low-tier (at the moment) spirit going to do it?

Foxfire is the equivalent of rocket fuel where normal magic is the equivalent of gasoline,

As for the eating too much of one type of emotion. What happens is already established in Japansese lore. Kerege. Shit gets bad.

Kerege only comes into play however. IF it's digested or used as a catalyst. Doesn't matter if it's in the Outer Aura. Although other completely unrelated things can cause Kerege to come into play.

Except Malice isn't your normal, run-of-the-mill anger.

Put it like this.

The last time someone capable of controlling Malice to even a vague degree (one of those bloodlines I mentioned earlier) managed to actually get control over it properly it was treated as a sign of the apocalypse.

Basically, Malice is The Corruption, technically treated as both an energy and an emotion because of its composition, and is impossible to handle in ANY WAY, yes that includes eating it, without TERRIBLE REPERCUSSIONS.

Also, in your comparisons, with that Malice would be somewhere in the magnitude of a good sized star.

So basically a Kerege corrupted organism. I fail to see how that wouldn't prompt a very very very large quantity of deities and ninetails descending on it to purify it.

... No.

More like 'oh hey, remember how you used to use foxfire? Yeah, you're not a kitsune anymore, so that's out. On the other hand, here, have this brand new shiny black and red fire that does the same thing way more efficiently, except you're also permanently insane! Oh, also, I'll be taking your soul now. Have fun killing people indescriminately!'

Oh also, since I missed it before.

Gamerlord: your*
That's literally what a Kerege corruption is. Just without the soul stealing.

Oh.

Well in that case why are we arguing?

Eating malice would pretty much invariably lead to that up there if done in any quanitity or with any regularity.

So, bad idea.

Was going to have Tor bitch out the Headmaster into keeping him from doing it because next time he was going to forcefeed you a good ton of it just for good measure, too.

This is just turning into a list of reasons of why Plutarch would want to eat them.

Main reason I assume he won't is because getting hit with that shit hurts, even if you nominally run off of it.

like 'ow, my the fact I existed a second ago' hurts.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Well, this is going to turn into a shitstorm.

It'll probably end up with either Kiri being turned into an eldritch abomination, Tor being turned into one, Plutarch being turned into one, or the principal just killing all three of them before it happens. :P

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

AND THEN ROSA BROKE TORIMUS' NECK AND THE WORLD WAS SAVED
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

AND THEN ROSA BROKE TORIMUS' NECK AND THE WORLD WAS SAVED

... oi he's not even the one causing this shit.

he's just trying to learn to NOT DRIVE PEOPLE INSANE EVERYWHERE HE GOES.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can't forcefeed. You can dump energy into the outer aura, but the Kitsune in question has absolute control over what they digest.

What Kiri would do is store it in his Outer Aura for helping with catalyzing later tails. A Kitsune needs to have a stable balance of all emotions to use as a catalyst prevent Issues from cropping up each uptail. Hate is haaaaard to get. It makes sense to store it for the future.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

You can't forcefeed. You can dump energy into the outer aura, but the Kitsune in question has absolute control over what they digest.

What Kiri would do is store it in his Outer Aura for helping with catalyzing later tails. A Kitsune needs to have a stable balance of all emotions to use as a catalyst prevent Issues from cropping up each uptail. Hate is haaaaard to get. It makes sense to store it for the future.

Actually, he can. Same way he can do it to a ghost.

Just force it directly into his soul.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't that be like trying to forcefeed someone a burger by surgically implanting it into their chest?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Wouldn't that be like trying to forcefeed someone a burger by surgically implanting it into their chest?
o.o

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

It's too much, though. Kiri can eat Torimus' hatred, just not Malice because that is literally too powerful for anyone to handle.
I think that's right.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, he can. Same way he can do it to a ghost.

Just force it directly into his soul.
A Kitsune's soul is very much nonstandard. Also protected by the Inner Aura. Not really plausible.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

That's not the point, I thought the point was that Kiri's outer aura COULDN'T HANDLE Malice.
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's not the point, I thought the point was that Kiri's outer aura COULDN'T HANDLE Malice.
No. Think of it like piling up chicken on a plate. Eventually you run out of room for chicken. Gotta kick some chicken off.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

What, the argument or the aura?
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 534