Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430481 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Foxfire is the equivalent of rocket fuel where normal magic is the equivalent of gasoline,

As for the eating too much of one type of emotion. What happens is already established in Japansese lore. Kerege. Shit gets bad.

Kerege only comes into play however. IF it's digested or used as a catalyst. Doesn't matter if it's in the Outer Aura. Although other completely unrelated things can cause Kerege to come into play.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

To be fair, it's less he can't FUCK with him and more Kevak's can't EAT him. I'm not sure he could particularly stomach Plutarch either.

He COULD fuck with him, but being that Tor is basically KILL CRUSH DESTROY in human form, that'd be like standing next to a pile of uncovered dry gunpowder with a torch while breakdancing.

I think the issue is here is that Kevak is using RL lore here while rag's using his own and nobody's thought to establish boundaries right up until now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, Plutarch is perfectly digestible. It's just that it won't do much to it seeing as it's going to piss it off to the point that it counteracts the consumption, resulting in the amount of rage it has doesn't actually change.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I now have a mental image of Plutarch slowly seething in anger while five baby kitsune are just nibbling off his arm. :P

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I now have a mental image of Plutarch slowly seething in anger while five baby kitsune are just nibbling off his arm. :P
That is adorable. It has to be canon at some point.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

So basically what you're saying ragnarok, is that you're character is so powerful that Kevak's just can't fuck with him? I call bullshit. Like, massive bullshit.

Not exactly.

That's just the easiest way to explain it since apparently pointing out that feeding off an energy that's about as good at corrupting and destroying as cthulu is at making people crazy is generally a terrible idea no matter who's doing it.

To explain Tor's power, relatively speaking.

He is ENORMOUSLY powerful, sheer energy-wise. Incalculably so.

Except he can't even pull out most of that energy, and even if he could he couldn't CONTROL it, because of the very nature of that power.

I'm mostly arguing that if something literally COMPOSED of Malice and with a race that with any other force would give him complete dominance over that power is physically incapable of doing anything but pointing it at things and letting loose, how is a relatively low-tier (at the moment) spirit going to do it?

Foxfire is the equivalent of rocket fuel where normal magic is the equivalent of gasoline,

As for the eating too much of one type of emotion. What happens is already established in Japansese lore. Kerege. Shit gets bad.

Kerege only comes into play however. IF it's digested or used as a catalyst. Doesn't matter if it's in the Outer Aura. Although other completely unrelated things can cause Kerege to come into play.

Except Malice isn't your normal, run-of-the-mill anger.

Put it like this.

The last time someone capable of controlling Malice to even a vague degree (one of those bloodlines I mentioned earlier) managed to actually get control over it properly it was treated as a sign of the apocalypse.

Basically, Malice is The Corruption, technically treated as both an energy and an emotion because of its composition, and is impossible to handle in ANY WAY, yes that includes eating it, without TERRIBLE REPERCUSSIONS.

Also, in your comparisons, with that Malice would be somewhere in the magnitude of a good sized star.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

I have the image of Kiri trying to feed off of Torimus and then turning into Torimus. The same guy. No difference.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

two captain racists
hell is real

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

'course it is, where else would Alaric come from? :P
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So basically what you're saying ragnarok, is that you're character is so powerful that Kevak's just can't fuck with him? I call bullshit. Like, massive bullshit.

Not exactly.

That's just the easiest way to explain it since apparently pointing out that feeding off an energy that's about as good at corrupting and destroying as cthulu is at making people crazy is generally a terrible idea no matter who's doing it.

Except he can't even pull out most of that energy, and even if he could he couldn't CONTROL it, because of the very nature of that power.

I'm mostly arguing that if something literally COMPOSED of Malice and with a race that with any other force would give him complete dominance over that power is physically incapable of doing anything but pointing it at things and letting loose, how is a relatively low-tier (at the moment) spirit going to do it?

Put it like this.

The last time someone capable of controlling Malice to even a vague degree (one of those bloodlines I mentioned earlier) managed to actually get control over it properly it was treated as a sign of the apocalypse.

Basically, Malice is The Corruption, technically treated as both an energy and an emotion because of its composition, and is impossible to handle in ANY WAY, yes that includes eating it, without TERRIBLE REPERCUSSIONS.

Also, in your comparisons, with that Malice would be somewhere in the magnitude of a good sized star.

So basically a Kerege corrupted organism. I fail to see how that wouldn't prompt a very very very large quantity of deities and ninetails descending on it to purify it.

I have the image of Kiri trying to feed off of Torimus and then turning into Torimus. The same guy. No difference.
Not likely~

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

two captain racists
hell is real
1)Racism, not racist.

2)You forgot the dragon, unless they're like... I dunno, Petty Officer Racism?
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the Kerege thing? Simply put, long as Torimus doesn't fuck with their plans, the gods couldn't give less of a shit what he does. Probably a good answer, as I'm not particularly eager to start screwing with Yukari's lore since that's probably the major one that involves deities.

two captain racists
hell is real
1)Racism, not racist.

2)You forgot the dragon, unless they're like... I dunno, Petty Officer Racism?
An embodiment of douchebaggery. A tsundere dragon girl.

Together, they fight crime. :P

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

I have yet to see a shy person who is not a tsundere.
I am going to make one.

thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Not exactly.

Put it like this.

So basically a Kerege corrupted organism. I fail to see how that wouldn't prompt a very very very large quantity of deities and ninetails descending on it to purify it.

... No.

More like 'oh hey, remember how you used to use foxfire? Yeah, you're not a kitsune anymore, so that's out. On the other hand, here, have this brand new shiny black and red fire that does the same thing way more efficiently, except you're also permanently insane! Oh, also, I'll be taking your soul now. Have fun killing people indescriminately!'

Oh also, since I missed it before.

Gamerlord: your*

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have yet to see a shy person who is not a tsundere.
I am going to make one.
Selina.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 534