Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430442 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Yes they do, in that it prevents the Kitsune from being shot (provide something else to shoot).
While a Werewolf or Vampire may be in pain afterwards, that's irrelevant. And Vampires can just turn into mist, making the shot miss.
Irrelevant, if a Dragon attacked him, he'd be screwed.
Most traditional undead in Germanic folklore are fae based.
Yes, but the Kitsune would still get hurt if they get hit to begin with. It's more a preventative measure than one that stops the pain and damage if it gets to you.

Also, I'm not saying the human would WIN-unless they were a mage or someone like Yukari or James- just that it's a lot less effort to go after a guy in the middle of the woods than to just pluck a guy off the alleyways. Gets you shot less and less likelihood of that drunk carrying a weapon on him than a guy in the woods would be. Plus, there's always a steady supply of drunks, there's not that many people in remote forest areas, otherwise they wouldn't BE remote forest areas anymore. :P

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

((We're talking about some guy that lives in the middle of the woods. He's either crazy or a master at fighting in some way. And niether are something you attack.))
Or, at least, attack without a very good reason. There's a reason Vampires tend to live in cities nowadays- easier to target a random schlub in an alleyway than a guy who's probably a VERY good survivalist and athletic enough to keep off you.

Even if you WOULD eventually kill him, he'd have shotgunned or battered you hard enough that you'd better be hoping that meal's enough to last for, say, the three or so days it takes you to recover from the beating the humie just gave you in his death throes. So you'd have to be pretty desperate to go after a guy like that.

And if you WERE powerful enough to shrug off that, then what the hell are you doing feeding off random humies in a forest, you can probably do it off some asshole in a nightclub and nobody would give a damn due to dominate.
(("Single man living alone in countryside with no family members found missing yesterday."
"OH SHIT JENNY THIS OBVIOUSLY MEANS THAT THINGS LIKE VAMPIRES ARE REAL!11"))
Well, there's enough people who think like this to get SupNat hunters.
Conspiracy theorists aren't the most defended people.
They expect the baddies to hand the good guys the weapons they need to beat them.
Corporations make chemtrails, so we must use vinegar to remove them... which is sold by corporations.

As for shotguns, some supernatural creatures aren't very threatened by that. Actually, I'll list a few (do note that this applies to some kinds, not all).
Vampires are only permanently harmed by oak and running water.
Werewolves are either damaged by silver, or oak and running water (some Vampires can transform into Werewolves).
Kitsune have illusions.
Dragons have scales harder than steel.
Undead creatures can only be killed with either cold iron (iron that's never melted) or something holy (good luck getting that in the middle of nowhere).
Generally you can't trust a shotgun when dealing with supernatural entities.
Vamps: And garlic, silver, being distracted by a pile of rice and getting their heads cut off, fire, sunlight, anything holy, need to be invited in to pass threshholds and even if they CAN they're required to abide by the law of guest and host if they're invited in as a guest, and they're completely useless during the day because they're constantly on the verge of passing out if they can be awake at all, and have to sleep in a coffin buried in the dirt of their homeland to regain mana.
Werewolves: Generally mindless except for very specific circumstances, silver harms them, as with anything magic running water grounds out their power, which they can only access for one or two days per month, and even then only if the sky isn't cloudy.
Kitsune: Fully affected by sealing, binding, and exorcising rites since they're spirits.
Dragons: ... are pretty hard core. These ones require a hero. Or a large-scale bomb covered with gold leaf, since they're mentally required to steal it, at which point you blow up their house.
Undead: fall apart if they try to cross running water or enter holy ground, weak to binding, sealing, and exorcising rites. Also, generally not intelligent.
Also, shotguns filled with rock salt will burn almost anything supernatural, and with iron buckshot will OHKO anything Fae.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And, of course, the general rule, which is decapitation, because really, there isn't a whole lot of anything that can survive losing their heads, supnat or mundane, illusion, healing or domination.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

And, of course, the general rule, which is decapitation, because really, there isn't a whole lot of anything that can survive losing their heads, supnat or mundane.

Also woodchippers trump... pretty much everything.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Not all Kitsune are classed as spirits.

Only certain types of Tsuki and the firststage fox spirits class as spirits. After merging, they count as corporal beings with bodies and cannot be exorcised due to the lack of anything to exorcize them from. You'd be ripping a singular soul from a body at that point. Born Tsuki are also not qualified as spirits, they're Kitsune from birth.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:32:09 pm by Kevak »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Of course people seem to bring up all the weaknesses of supernatural creatures without remembering that humans die if you poke a hole in them in just one of many various spots. They're somewhat evenly matched at the lower levels of things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And that's why we still have a masquerade. :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I'll have to inquire as to why we have one, since unless it's much smaller scale than I'm believing, it's almost ludicrously implausible that it hasnt been broken yet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magic, the fact that most supnats are pretty damn vulnerable to nukes and would rather live in peace, and the gods presumably want to keep it that way.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My question is why haven't Supnats just taken over the planet.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably because the Gods didn't let them or something, or some sort of ancient pact.

As powerful as Kitsune/Vampires/Dragons are, fucking with humies and mages, and fucking with outright reality warpers who could literally obliterate you from existence with a blink are two different things entirely.

Course, I'm not the GM, so anything I say is probably bullshit. :P

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

My question is why haven't Supnats just taken over the planet.

Because they're powerful, but have you seen a single situation in this game where they've actually worked together to solve something? They're powerful as individuals, but humans are resourceful, and, even moreso, they're numerous. I usually assume there's probably a million, two million supnats in the world at large?

Compare that to the billions of mundane humies out there.

And generally, it takes a LONG TIME for the supernatural community to make up for losing even a single person, where humans breed like rats.

Of course, they could already be the shadow government, that I could understand, but overtly ruling the world? they're too busy fighting each other.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And of course, the aforementioned 'Gods don't appreciate their worshippers being killed off' thing.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Hm... I call bullshit on the Vampire weaknesses, those are added after the fact, and contradict a lot.
Not only that, but if we use all the fluff on them, we'd end up with Twilight vampires.
So it's safe to assume they're different kinds of Vampires.

The original vampires needs to be impaled through the heart with an oaken stake and then decapitated to die.
Running water burns them like acid, and sunlight makes them unable to use their powers (but they probably know Kung-fu, so don't get cocky).
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does one define running water?

Cause technically all water is moving. Due to the whole. Being on a rock hurtling through the void at millions of kilometers per second.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 534