Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430713 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Eclipse Heights -- Skirting The Forum Guidelines Constantly Edition
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Ok, who votes for a time skip now?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Aye.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Would be neat, I suppose.
I don't care either way.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Fuckin' do it. I really want James to fight someone.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

May as well.
thincake

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

If a bonus would be applied, then it's not a situation where luck would really apply.

They're better at it.

Unless the other guy can somehow bring it down to their level, the athlete would probably win without rolling anything unless the other guy is just really really good phsycially, which would nullify the bonus anyway.
Twice as strong =/= twice as likely to succeed.

Maybe the athlete was a bit tired, maybe the newbie had a burst of energy.
And there's other things as well, such as sports, where the best can lose to the worst.

Though trained things, like tying your shoe laces and field stripping an AK-47 would always succeed.

Except sports are trained things.

A person that can run at 10 mph for 3 minutes will almost ALWAYS beat a person that can run for 7 mph for 10 minutes in a sprint, and opposite for extended runs. The 'weakest' are almost never going to win simply because they CAN'T RUN THAT WELL AND HAVE NOT TRAINED FOR IT.

The runner being tired or the other guy suddenly gaining superpowers can happen, but you should only roll if the only thing that has bearing on the thing is chance and the players themselves. Circumstances can cause things to even out, but barring those specific circumstances, a roll really shouldn't be required.
By that logic, a trained soldier would never be killed by civilians and rebels.

But in a marathon or other physical tests, they work to eliminate luck advantage and instead focus on pure skill.
So I'll give you that one, there it's all about physical capability.
Though if it's just done randomly, the terrain could be a factor, or something hit you in the face.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...ur ruining my YAOIZ!! DX
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Can we make a quick note of how good we would do in certain "normal" classes? Since we're probably skipping that.

Eclipse Heights-...ur ruining my YAOIZ!! DX Edition
FTFY
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:09:17 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

If a bonus would be applied, then it's not a situation where luck would really apply.

They're better at it.

Unless the other guy can somehow bring it down to their level, the athlete would probably win without rolling anything unless the other guy is just really really good phsycially, which would nullify the bonus anyway.
Twice as strong =/= twice as likely to succeed.

Maybe the athlete was a bit tired, maybe the newbie had a burst of energy.
And there's other things as well, such as sports, where the best can lose to the worst.

Though trained things, like tying your shoe laces and field stripping an AK-47 would always succeed.

Except sports are trained things.

A person that can run at 10 mph for 3 minutes will almost ALWAYS beat a person that can run for 7 mph for 10 minutes in a sprint, and opposite for extended runs. The 'weakest' are almost never going to win simply because they CAN'T RUN THAT WELL AND HAVE NOT TRAINED FOR IT.

The runner being tired or the other guy suddenly gaining superpowers can happen, but you should only roll if the only thing that has bearing on the thing is chance and the players themselves. Circumstances can cause things to even out, but barring those specific circumstances, a roll really shouldn't be required.
By that logic, a trained soldier would never be killed by civilians and rebels.

But in a marathon or other physical tests, they work to eliminate luck advantage and instead focus on pure skill.
So I'll give you that one, there it's all about physical capability.
Though if it's just done randomly, the terrain could be a factor, or something hit you in the face.

... Soldiers die because they're either surprised or overwhelmed, or the other guys have equipment that evens the scales.

as for terrain stuff...

hell, and the training stuff too.

See, this game is something called a Role-playing game.

It's expected that you will role-play that shit when it happens
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eclipse Heights -- Definitely Not "TA 2" Edition
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Eclipse Heights -- Fuck You I'm A Dragon Edition
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Can we make a quick note of how good we would do in certain "normal" classes? Since we're probably skipping that.
Sure.

...ur ruining my YAOIZ!! DX
You can continue the conversation if you separate the "last night" from the "today".
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eclipse Heights -- Fuck Me, We're BOTH Dragons? Edition

That was assumed, actually. Go ahead with the skip.
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Larissa'd do very well in normal classes. Rosa probably wouldn't be in normal classes, but if she were she'd probably just ask Larissa for answers and double-team all the questions.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 534