Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430700 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
thincake

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

I'm more a fan of the unlimited points principle. Where you can make your character as strong or weak as you want.
You made the character with pretty much no limits, yet here you have concrete limits.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile

Combat class!
No sig yet

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

... Should we... start a poll?

Also, if it's well moderated that's not a problem, Vacio.

The mod just says "no, that's dumb, back off."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Yeah. A poll'd be good. I think they make it more of an RPG than an RP.
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I'm open to suggestions, as I said in the original post about the systems.

Then how about this: it's mostly a freeform system, but there are rolls where appropriate (It's no guaranteed that you can convince someone to do something, a monster won't necessarily die in a single hit, etc.), and if you logically can not do something, no roll will make it possible (you can not win against the principal. You just can't.).

If there are any other suggestions, share them please. I'm just trying to allow for the most enjoyment for the most players.

I'm putting up a poll.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Well, our options are:

-Unlimited points: We put as many points as we like and you look it over and call bullshit depending on whatever they look like.
-Freeform: Entirely decided by RP
-Freeform with Rolls: Mostly decided by RP, some rolls.
-Limited Stats: Limited stat distribution.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Ugh, am I the only one who thinks the stats are a terrible idea? I mean if I AM then I guess I'll do it, but I'm not really feeling it. They just bring the characters down from "can do this this this and this" to "has a -1 in x, so despite their shtick they can't do that thing they were all but conceived to do"
Well its probably for at least some restrictions so we're not all powerful...
I'm playing a basically normal guy with a limp. His powers entirely revolve around things he has literally prepared from the outset of the game and if he is surprised he is probably dead.
I've tried my level best to outline exactly what he can and cannot do, and if the game actually had a map I would be tracing the locations he has been in and actually adding rune locations and effects where applicable to make it less of an asspull.

Since this game is in the FG&RP section and not the RTD section I figured everyone else was also trying their best to not be "UltraDUED The DUED of ALWAYS WINNING"

I'm open to suggestions, as I said in the original post about the systems.

Then how about this: it's mostly a freeform system, but there are rolls where appropriate (It's no guaranteed that you can convince someone to do something, a monster won't necessarily die in a single hit, etc.), and if you logically can not do something, no roll will make it possible (you can not win against the principal. You just can't.).

If there are any other suggestions, share them please. I'm just trying to allow for the most enjoyment for the most players.

I'm putting up a poll.
This is much better in my eyes, and pretty much what I was hoping the game would be from the outset. Voting now.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Well, you control the NPCs. If our arguments don't convince them, they don't convince them. If they dodge, they dodge.

This also allows you more control over the narrative, too, since it can't be hijacked by someone getting some bullshit lucky rolls.

Semi-dice kinda works, as long as dice only apply when luck would actually be involved.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Then again, what is the power of the points?
I guess 0 is Human power, but what's the double of that? 10 or 5 (double strength =/= double success)?
Actually, I'd say 5 is double human strength, it makes sense from a d20 standpoint.

Also, I support the unlimited points option. Since we are responsible players, and the GM can make sure we place the points we should.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Maybe I should reset the poll with the options that Elf mentioned...

EDIT: Yeah, I did that, since he seemed to have better options.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:31:38 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Maybe I should reset the poll with the options that Elf mentioned...
Sounds good.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

That's fine, I'll just pick moderated freeform again.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Oh... f***, I just realized I should've picked the other option. Now I hope the others pick the roll and freeform one.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Hmm...
Maybe allowing people to revote would've been a good idea.
That's a thing, right?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 534