Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins! (1st adventure now over)  (Read 25848 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins!
« Reply #300 on: May 19, 2015, 02:31:13 am »

Koi removes the net, with application of metal laced claws. He then tackles the manyarmed bot and begins ripping arms off. Starting with the thermal arm.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2015, 02:43:46 am »

Titus slashes his sword in the direction of the theropod's legs, the sword shooting out a thin wave of golden colored energy as it cuts through the air. If it hits he jumps at it and cuts off its weapons. If theropod dodges he slashes again in direction it dodged.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2015, 02:46:47 am »

(Dino-bot has the thermal arms)
(Also, ninja'd!)

The net isn't quite easy to cut through, but it is surprisingly easy to slip out of. However, the armbot seems prepared, and grapples Koi when he tries to tackle it, whipping him around and slamming him into the floor (which doesn't do much, seeing as the floor is bouncy). Then, pulling against it, Koi can feel their strength about matched, with a slight edge to the bot, and with fatigue probably not an issue for either of them, he feels like it might overcome him if this struggle prolonged. However, with the grabbing arms engaged and thus in the way, it can't bring any of its other weapons to bear on Koi at the moment.

Meanwhile, the cannon-bot seems to have reloaded and is taking aim at Titus. The therobot seemed about to lunge at the occupied Koi, but switches targets in view of the more imminent threat and begins dancing around Titus, jumping high over his ranged attack.

"We may very well not have time for this..." The traveler begins fishing in his duffel again with his still-attached hand.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2015, 02:52:00 am »

Koi lashes out with a foot to one of the bot's arm joints. With the intention to break the joint and perhaps rip it free.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2015, 02:56:28 am »

Titus sends a couple of decoy slashes at the theropod-bot and then moves towards the Armbot while staying out of the cannon-bot's weapons sights, and tries to bait the cannon-bot into firing at the Armbot. .

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2015, 05:05:10 am »

"Machines." Sheotl said with disgust. "Not much use here...unless anyone wants to offer a few pints of blood."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2015, 06:51:50 am »

"Your usage of magic is inefficient. I draw from the aether, not from the whims of spirits fueled by blood."

No makes a few essences. With enough essences, any dampening field could be broken through, theoretically.

"Odd. That guy sounds just like me."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2015, 07:04:18 am »

"Oh no... I don't have any info on these machines! What are they? Were they made by the Mrlmnr?"

((Mrimlnr being the cones. Pretend it's spelled correctly :P))
Black lives matter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2015, 07:18:16 am »

"They are robots. They want us dead. So fight them."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2015, 07:26:00 am »

"But... look at me! I'm smaller than a housecat! How would I do anything?"
Black lives matter.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2015, 08:04:19 am »

"I'm sure you'll be all right with Mister Cobb. I cannot leave our friends outnumbered." Axel says to the old man, whilst placing him beside the bear, "Tell me you don't have a drink!" the strongman, that seems increasingly weaker in comparison to others, sprints off hoping to tackle the nearest bot from behind, surely they've wheeled around during the fighting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:20:31 am by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2015, 08:19:45 am »

"Oh, never you mind me, fine fellow. Try to avoid any rapid and sharp objects," the old man says and starts walking around, examining the parts on the ground, collecting some of the more promising, accessible components, collecting them into a single armful to the best of his ability, then sitting down next to the Traveller and starting to muck about with the internals with a ponderous, mildly peeved look.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2015, 12:35:47 pm »

(Dampening field needs to be disabled at its source.)
(New phone but phone typing is still horrible)

The traveler fishes some kind of rod-like device from the bag, and flicks a switch. A small lights comes on at the end, and with it he scrapes some of the charred material from his wrist stump and severed hand. Then he brings the two together and they seem to reattach. "Pick up a weapon if you're going to fight!" he calls out as he does this.

The armbot does its best to keep Koi at arm's length, and Koi sees that to take his feet off the ground would be to lose his stance and risk being pushed down or lifted up, but he might be able to break free of the grapple and disengage to seek a better angle of attack.

The cannon fires at Titus, but the net meets one of his decoy slashes instead. The therobot keeps dancing about, feigning attacks, but switches targets as Axel approaches.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2015, 12:42:07 pm »

Koi begins twisting one of the arms. Intent to break it or snap wiring.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2015, 02:13:59 pm »

"I don't think I'm going to be able to fight robots- my magics are ineffective against such things."

No hunkers down and makes some more essences.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34