Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Polls

Are
Dumb

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!  (Read 56455 times)

Wofi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!
« Reply #510 on: May 17, 2015, 12:03:50 pm »

Nice job, Orthus! They should call you the Everythingflayer, at this rate.
Manager of Hugh Mann the Dabbler.
0-2-0

BigHatLogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 17, 2015, 12:07:26 pm »

Random is okay with me.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 17, 2015, 12:19:00 pm »

Quarter Finals Match II
Hodekin the Legendary  VS. Bax, the Prince of the Land of Stench

Now things are literally beginning to heat up, as the gladiators have just crossed into Heat Stroke, you can still smell the burning dwarf!

Right, here we have another one of those concentrated little guys. Hodekin the Legendary is well on his way of claiming his spot as a legend, having separated his Kobold kin's, Varick the Flighty, head from its body twice now he's really itching for a different sort of fight. Weighing in at 20,000 Urists, this is one tough bold that you don't wanna mess with.

I'd say the most overpowering smell down in this arena is the crispy dwarf flesh, and that'd be true if it weren't for the demented prince from the Land of Stench. We can owe that to the heat, making this goblin sweat buckets of nasty liquids, ugh. This offensive creature weighs in at 60,000 Urists and has proven that he too is not to be trifled with.

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

Looks like we're going to have to change this little kobold's name to Hodekin the Decapitator! Every match he has shown to be incredibly precise in his actions. Hodekin will be moving on the the semis while we get a hazmat crew in here to remove the pieces. Stand by folks.

I've lost control of my life.

BigHatLogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 17, 2015, 12:19:53 pm »

Nooooooo!

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 17, 2015, 12:29:00 pm »

Those kobolds, man!

Come on, Myrma! Crush the gremlin!
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Wofi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2015, 12:37:07 pm »

Damn, these kobolds are brutal.
0-2-0

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2015, 12:55:53 pm »

Nooooooo!

Does this make you feel better you poor thing?

Spoiler: Art (click to show/hide)

BigHatLogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 17, 2015, 01:00:28 pm »

Nooooooo!

Does this make you feel better you poor thing?

Spoiler: Art (click to show/hide)

Yes! My next gladiator will have to be the goblin king's second favorite son.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2015, 01:22:46 pm »

Quarter Finals Match III
Mogwai the Devious  VS. Myrma the Defi-Ant

We are well underway with the quarter finals, and for the first time the gladiators are meeting atop of the burning castle known as Heat Stroke. Fumes rise from below, the gremlin and the antwoman lock gazes.

On the left side we have the most clever of gladiators to enter the tourney, Mogwai the Devious has been shown to succeed not through brute strength, no, but through his razor sharp wit. Pulling numerous tricks on the other gladiators in order to win, this little bastard is a stone cold cheater, weighing in at 10,000 Urists, let us hope that his opponent can put 'im down!

Myrma the ant woman has arrived, much like Mogwai, from subterranean caverns. Unlike Mogwai, she holds a very high and respectable position in her society. She has brought along all of her raw talent in the form of a technique she calls the four-point defense, the name comes from her four shields of course. In previous rounds this 50,000 Urist insect has beaten her opponents to a pulp, can she do the same here?

Due to the multiple levels, I will be following one gladiator's perspective, this was chosen randomly.

What could have possibly been expected from this devious green snot? This match likely would have gone in Myrma's favor had the little lout not fooled her, saying that they should go fight down there, you go first, I have to tie my -- uh, shoes! What a horrid little trickster. Do to his cheap tactics Mogwai was able to sever an arm and send her into an unconscious state. Regrettably the gremlin shall go on to the semi-finals.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2015, 01:26:25 pm »

I was not expecting that win from Mogwai, wow.

Not that it matters. Kobold powah! C'mon Hodekin!
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Wofi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 17, 2015, 01:27:30 pm »

Mogwaiiii! I wanted the bracket to make a nice pattern... :(
0-2-0

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 17, 2015, 01:28:23 pm »

What a match! I have one clarification, though...

Do to his cheap tactics Mogwai was able to sever an arm and send her into an unconscious state. Regrettably the gremlin shall go on to the semi-finals.

Myrma didn't pass out from her wounds - she passed out from exhaustion. The fight went on so long that Mogwai tired her out! It was the only way to defeat the four-point defense!
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 17, 2015, 01:45:51 pm »

Well he is a cheater I tell you!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 17, 2015, 01:54:45 pm »

That was a beautiful fight ! Had I been a gambler, I would have lost my house on that fight !

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 17, 2015, 02:15:31 pm »

Quarter Finals Match IV
Plisssskin the Miasssmagnificient  VS. Crush the Crusher

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to the final round of the quarter finals! We are currently on a Water Hazard, look out for those currents!

Today on the bridge is Pliskin, a serpent man that many are betting on. This snake carries no weapons of metal or wood, no for his weapons are the piercing fangs in his mouth. More so then that their venom has fell many a foe. Weighing in at 50,000 Urists, will this cretin's toxins be potent enough to bring down a much larger foe?

Crush the Crusher is planning on winning this tournament for his family, a father of four this lovable beast does anything for his children, especially crush heads. With silver maul in hand he is looking to pound out a new front door mat. Weighing a hefty 220,000 Urists Crush says he'll go all the way.

What!? This is a surprising out come everyone! There was a majority betting on Pliskin's victory, turning this into a long drawn out feast for himself, but Mister the Crusher was having none of that, striding directly toward the doomed serpent he brought his hammer down one, two, three, four times! And the head of Pliskin is no more! Well done everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45