Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34755 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 4: Tourist Trap [7/9]
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2015, 02:53:18 pm »

Tiruin so the consequences of my vote was no one got lynched. Better than a town getting lynched. So why shouldn't I have tied the vote, since it would have put the town in a worse position.

Also you're very focussed on saying how I pick and choose what I answer. So could you list, clearly, what questions I have to answer.

And "you can't see any consequences in what light" I just plain can't see any consequences. There is no light.

AND that highlighted orange bit, that you said wasn't on topic. Em does adding something off topic into my answer somehow make me scummy?

"What also bothers me is the wording." Does this really matter at all. Your talking about redundancy in what I said and how I didn't really need it. But that whole point about how I used "really have" is absolutely pointless.

I feel like you're just using filler to make your answers seem bigger.

Any way can you post a list of all the questions you want me to answer below.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2015, 02:54:46 pm »

Also Extend

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2015, 12:43:57 am »

Ok, Teneb, you've been off the radar for quite a while, and I'm pretty sure that you're the cult leader right now. I got to that conclusion by looking at my reads from day 1. D1, I got a town read from roo, OSG and GeMe. That makes me think that they are not the Cult leader. That leaves DA, Tiruin and Teneb. I'm getting a Town read from Tiruin, and DA claimed jailor. I dont think the leader would claim jailor, being too risky. That leaves Teneb, which is why I'm voting for him.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2015, 01:37:10 am »

Tiruin so the consequences of my vote was no one got lynched. Better than a town getting lynched. So why shouldn't I have tied the vote, since it would have put the town in a worse position.
...So why didn't you mention anything about this, like ever?
By that, I mean, all your vote did was vote Teneb on something he admitted to--and you didn't carry it over into the new day.
For any discussion at all.

Now the orange part is superfluous. How does a townie expect to convince others they're town? You can be direct, or you can mention it as an aside.
If one expects them to be assumed town, then that's...a strange behavior, really.
"Better than a town getting lynched" speaks two ways:
1. From your perspective of yourself...
2. That you're laying down the idea that you are town.

Which are both countered by this one statement:
How do we know you are 'town' as you claim?
This same statement underlies everything I've wrote until this point. I'm 'biased' here because of my actions onto you--specifically night actions *unless the cultist really didn't act in any of the earlier days///Targeted G.Me in any of them sans N1//Did not act or send a PM during any of the nights*

With the third one being a very smart plan--they may catch the 'jailer' if they claim today, because on the usual consensus, there is no mechanical deterrent influencing this kind of progression.
There is no 'scum NK'.
The only 'player removal mechanic' is the lynch. In any 'normally assumed game', we'd have 7/9 by D3/D4.

Also you're very focussed on saying how I pick and choose what I answer. So could you list, clearly, what questions I have to answer.
It...was based on a post which had 2 exact questions ._.
I am just curious if you're keeping yourself updated with the thread, because I see a lack of pursuing leads around here, though I doubt that's the same thing IRL for you there.

And "you can't see any consequences in what light" I just plain can't see any consequences. There is no light.
So...are you aware of what others may generally think about you? And if yes, does this affect you in anyway?

AND that highlighted orange bit, that you said wasn't on topic. Em does adding something off topic into my answer somehow make me scummy?
I said its not the primary focus :P That doesn't mean it isn't on topic.

I feel like you're just using filler to make your answers seem bigger.
Everything I wrote has meaning. When others see them as unrelated, then it appears to them as filler.
It's a place where our thoughts diverge ._.

Ok, Teneb, you've been off the radar for quite a while, and I'm pretty sure that you're the cult leader right now. I got to that conclusion by looking at my reads from day 1. D1, I got a town read from roo, OSG and GeMe. That makes me think that they are not the Cult leader. That leaves DA, Tiruin and Teneb. I'm getting a Town read from Tiruin, and DA claimed jailor. I dont think the leader would claim jailor, being too risky. That leaves Teneb, which is why I'm voting for him.
...You are aware that I claimed jailor too, right?
...I fairly got the impression that you were at least aware of this (or, you're mentioning it here but you believe DA is the jailor over me, but get a town read from me).

Could you show the details on why Teneb is first scumpick here? What's the town read on OSG//G.Me which excludes them from being the leader?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2015, 01:59:26 am »

...You are aware that I claimed jailor too, right?
...I fairly got the impression that you were at least aware of this (or, you're mentioning it here but you believe DA is the jailor over me, but get a town read from me).

Could you show the details on why Teneb is first scumpick here? What's the town read on OSG//G.Me which excludes them from being the leader?
Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is that I find it unlikely the cult leader would claim jailor, and I tend to believe you more than DA.

As for town reads on OSG/GeMe, I got those day 1. Now, I'm getting scum reads on them, which is consistent with a cult. The OSG read was from his responses to my gambit-thing. GeMe was acting pretty noobie, but wasnt giving any scumslips really, and I would expect him to if he was scum. The Teneb read is pretty much from process of elimination. He hasnt been around much at all, which makes him a lurker, and doesnt give him good credit by far...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2015, 02:10:52 am »

I guess now we are at LyLo.

GeMe, you could have cost us the game with your last minute vote. I get you not wanting to die, but you caused a tie, which caused a no-lynch. I can only hope that the inactivity spread to the cult, and they didnt convert someone. Now, why are you so afraid of dying, that you would give the game to the mafia? Are you mafia, you scum?
If you wanted to stop the tie you could have easily vote so you can't blame this on me. I legitimately thought other people were GOING to vote it wasn't just because I didn't want to get lynched. Also what use would it be if another town died it would most likely either make us lose or get into a worse position.
@G.Me: This is also poking my first paragraphs in my post ^ to you.
This is your first post today. You haven't continued...much, on Teneb yesterday.
It keeps on broaching the idea on 'what if this person is town'.
But it also is vague when broaching that idea (which I had to pick up from the fog here).
But the interesting portion is the ambiguity: There is no 'worse position' in general, its a total loss (because this will fully depend on the Jailer then, if they weren't converted earlier :v Hypothetically speaking).

Questions:
Are you regularly updated with the thread, interactively?
How could this be a "worse" position other than the 'worst position' if a townie was lynched @D3?
What do you think about everyone present here ?
Is procrastination affecting your posts here?
Is there any anxiety there underlying that procrastination?

Day 4 ends at 4:40 PM PST June 8th.
I'm unsure if Me's Extend fulfilled the extension ._.

PFP

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 08, 2015, 09:13:02 am »

Votecount:
- Peradon - (0)
- Teneb - Peradon (1)
- roo - (0)
- origamiscienceguy - (0)
- Generally me - (0)
- Deus Asmoth - (0)
- Tiruin - Deus Asmoth (1)
No Lynch - (0)

Extend: Tiruin, Generally me (2/3)

Not voting: roo, origamiscienceguy, Teneb, Generally me, Tiruin

Day 4 ends at 4:40 PM PST June 8th, about 9 hours from now.  It may be a good idea to vote by that time.

I'm unsure if Me's Extend fulfilled the extension ._.
One more request needed.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2015, 09:25:49 am »

Good lord, content explosion. Finally.

Now, we have a Jailor gambit by OSG, a counter-claim by DA, and a counter-counter-claim by Tiruin. Interesting.

I cant find Tiruin's claims on who was blocked. So, Tiruin, who did you block, and what nights?

Also, Extend

Spoiler: OOC stuff (click to show/hide)
I think this extend was missed?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2015, 09:27:26 am »

Also, Extend
I think this extend was missed?
Tiruin: It was, thanks.

Day extended!

Day 4 ends at 4:40 PM PST June 9th.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2015, 09:47:33 am »

Day 4 ends at 4:40 PM PST June 9th.
Hurrah, tomorrow.

I'm moving to vote DA in the morning here (10:43 as of writing) if no response is forthcoming.
Votecount:
- Peradon - (0)
- Teneb - Peradon (1)
- roo - (0)
- origamiscienceguy - (0)
- Generally me - (0)
- Deus Asmoth - (0)
- Tiruin - Deus Asmoth (1)
We've 6 other players. We need more activity. -.-

Peradon: Sorry, missed your response.

As for town reads on OSG/GeMe, I got those day 1. Now, I'm getting scum reads on them, which is consistent with a cult. The OSG read was from his responses to my gambit-thing. GeMe was acting pretty noobie, but wasnt giving any scumslips really, and I would expect him to if he was scum. The Teneb read is pretty much from process of elimination. He hasnt been around much at all, which makes him a lurker, and doesnt give him good credit by far...
I would like more clarity here (since I get you're getting...scum reads on others who aren't DA/Tiruin?)
Which posts marked the shift of feeling, and what provides pertinent data to your vote, would be great too.
Because I =really= can't agree that Teneb is a good target for the lynch today.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2015, 10:08:05 am »

It was a weekend. I use weekends to deal with real-life crap. Occasionally I also shitpost in other parts of the forum. Or maybe you were talking about the midgame where I kind of vanished. That was because I was dealing with more literal crap. Bloody feces to be exact. Since my father had colon cancer, it meant I had to go and do a whole host of exams to see what that was about. Fortunately it was nothing worth worrying about.

I see, however, that you are discarding the others as possible cult-leaders based on their content, yet you do not even touch anything I posted since the day begun. Maybe, Peradon, it is because you saw an easily lynch and wanted to capitalize on it, especially since GeMe would probably join in, considering he voted for me before. Because if we are to compare our activity levels in D4, we are pretty much evenly matched. The fact that you went for a cheap lynch makes me think you are the scumleader.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2015, 11:50:13 am »

Tiruin: Says they are jailer. Possible cult leader.
Deus Asmoth: Same as above
Teneb: Roo vote was reasonably suspicious at the time. But if you think it through, why would a cultist vote for another cultist. And since I'm pretty sure Roo is cult the why would cult vote this when they could easily vote for someone else who isn't cult.
Roo: pretty certain they are cult. But doesn't really matter.
OSG: personally think they are town
Peradon: Probably cult in my opinion.

So really for me it's between Tiruin and Deus Asmoth for cult leader.

So I'm going to take a plunge and vote for Tiruin as Deus Asmoth timetable of blocking makes more sense to me.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 09, 2015, 02:41:04 am »

sorry phine broke I was getting it fixed.
Or not it's cool.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 09, 2015, 12:24:55 pm »

Well, I no longer have a tube in my ribcage, which is nice. I'll go about catching up and stuff.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 09, 2015, 12:47:16 pm »

Well, I no longer have a tube in my ribcage, which is nice. I'll go about catching up and stuff.
My sympathies. Maybe its what I think it is, maybe its not, but I did get to experience something like that twice and I know how that sucks.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22