Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34754 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 4: Tourist Trap [7/9]
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2015, 09:01:05 pm »

I am not the Jailor. That was a gambit to get the real one to show and give us information.

DA, who did you block which nights?

Unvote

We are almost certainly in LYLO and we need all the information we can get.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2015, 09:10:15 pm »

I am not the Jailor. That was a gambit to get the real one to show and give us information.

Unvote

This is such bullshit, and if I didn't know your meta I'd be voting you right now. I still might though. If DA really is the jailer, and either we don't lynch the leader or DA doesn't hit the leader, we lose. And now they know how to win.

DA: N3 you blocked OSG, according to what you said. Who did you block in the previous two nights?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2015, 09:12:23 pm »

Unvote

This is such bullshit, and if I didn't know your meta I'd be voting you right now. I still might though. If DA really is the jailer, and either we don't lynch the leader or DA doesn't hit the leader, we lose. And now they know how to win.

DA: N3 you blocked OSG, according to what you said. Who did you block in the previous two nights?
Given the circumstance, the only way I can see that the town can win is if the leader is lynched TODAY. It makes sense to do whatever possible to get that to happen and then worry about the following days when they come.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2015, 02:54:25 am »

SO, net troubles here. This'll be my only post for now.

Unvote

Almost certainly? What purpose did this gambit serve?

Because it is hilarious that you've playing a gambit against the real jailor (ie Me.) :v Though this does happen in regular games.
I had you under suspicion for the gambit, (ie Cultist claimant), until I was confused at the events currently.
Why did you choose to gambit against me?
D1 = nope, due to net issues.
D2 = Generally Me, due to (I shall word this in more detail) ...*something within his posts and attitude; also pertaining to vote count patterns*
D3 = Same.

Now, Me, I would like in expanse, why you're doing last minute day-votes (though I recall you explained your D2 action somewhere vaguely).

Why did you tie-in the last day? There is a perfectly reasonable answer to this question.

PFP

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2015, 02:56:56 am »

Unvote

@Teneb: How is this BS?

OSG: Why're you pointing at DA?

With seven players still alive, there could be up to three cultists in the game. I know that one of them's OSG, though, since I'm the jailer. We can assume that he's not the leader since they wouldn't risk themselves with a fakeclaim, so I guess I'm going to be going through his posts and looking for clues there.
Really? On what grounds does this -completely- absolve the chance that the leader would claim?

Could I posit a question in advance: On people who suspect me--are your grounds credible and solid? The notice that 'someone wasn't questioned the whole game, so it MUST BE HER' does not comprise something logical, unless one can explain how this is reasonable.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2015, 05:29:38 am »

Teneb, I didn't say that I blocked OSG, my reason for saying he was a cultist was because of his fake claim. My vote on OSG was mostly to emphasise my point.

Tiruin, I also didn't say that. I said it's a reasonable assumption to make, and it was.

OSG, why draw suspicion on yourself with that claim rather than seeing if I'd claim of my own accord, since this is probably the last day of the game?

Everyone, night 1 I blocked Generally, night 2 I blocked OSG and night 3 I blocked Tiruin. Since Tiruin's trying to push suspicion onto GM, I'd be inclined to think he's town, or at least not the cult leader. Since one of my blocks must have worked, that means that OSG is either town or the cult leader (or could be a cultist if Tiruin's the leader), and Tiruin's either a cultist or the leader. Tiruin
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2015, 10:56:26 am »

SO, net troubles here. This'll be my only post for now.

Almost certainly? What purpose did this gambit serve?
To make the real one claim.
Random.org chose you

OSG: Why're you pointing at DA?
Because he claimed to be Jailer.
OSG, why draw suspicion on yourself with that claim rather than seeing if I'd claim of my own accord, since this is probably the last day of the game?
You didn't claim yesterday when we were in almost the exact same position. I wanted to make sure you'd give us that information that we need. Out of the three people you blocked, It seems that Generally me is the most suspicious.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2015, 10:58:35 am »

I guess now we are at LyLo.

GeMe, you could have cost us the game with your last minute vote. I get you not wanting to die, but you caused a tie, which caused a no-lynch. I can only hope that the inactivity spread to the cult, and they didnt convert someone. Now, why are you so afraid of dying, that you would give the game to the mafia? Are you mafia, you scum?
If you wanted to stop the tie you could have easily vote so you can't blame this on me. I legitimately thought other people were GOING to vote it wasn't just because I didn't want to get lynched. Also what use would it be if another town died it would most likely either make us lose or get into a worse position.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2015, 11:08:00 am »

EveryoneAlso why is everyone saying I'm suspicious what is so suspicious that I do.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2015, 12:25:14 pm »

Tying the vote at the last second for arguably minor reasons is generally seen as a Very Bad Thing.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2015, 01:47:17 pm »

PFP
Random.org chose you
. . .
In the context of Warhammer 40k, do you play the game or know the lore? And do you identify as Eldar? :V

'Tis a very !fun! answer. Because it is reasonable. Despite the efficiency of it.

Everyone, night 1 I blocked Generally, night 2 I blocked OSG and night 3 I blocked Tiruin. Since Tiruin's trying to push suspicion onto GM, I'd be inclined to think he's town, or at least not the cult leader. Since one of my blocks must have worked, that means that OSG is either town or the cult leader (or could be a cultist if Tiruin's the leader), and Tiruin's either a cultist or the leader. Tiruin
...So you're actually the cult leader who is fakeclaiming today, and pretty much lying about what he's saying to advocate a lynch?
This is interesting.

You drop the open notion of the cult leader not doing anything (which would totally make sense in N1 given that I wasn't even present there), and instead provoke, with a direct (and reasonable) bout of logic.
In layman's terms: You're shortening the spear to prod the person right next to you.
...In other words: Dude, if you're town, be serious. Are you exactly that certain of yourself, or do you assume I'm the cult leader without jumping on the most basic fact...that I couldn't have acted N1 (and then building your idea from that statement, connecting it probably to my Jailer claim dot dot ellipsis...adding on conclusive data, OTHER than justifying your own Jailing with a lack of direct -respect- to your target)?

EveryoneAlso why is everyone saying I'm suspicious what is so suspicious that I do.
I'm quickposting, Me, apologies :/
The suspicious note (which I ask anyone to counter check my memory due to lack of time to make a response), is that you were called out on your earlier day-end voting. You did it -once more-, and currently, there's a lack of detail.

Now this 'lack' is subtle. A newbie generally does that. But this 'lack' in your condition, inferred from a generality, pertains to...a lack of non-ambiguity in regards to your actions. While a newbie does make mistakes 'against the rulebook', they learn once-over.
You repeated this, yesterday, without any context as to your vote except the name of your vote, and the PRECISE time which it was given.

Analogy in simplicity: Why did you vote someone right next to the end of the day? Again? Like, again-again?
Coincidence may linger on the benefit of the doubt, in analyzing your earlier end-dayvote, but a second time in a row EXPRESSIVELY without context despite being called out (with context, based on general recall, someone please recheck)...is suspicious.
Which is why I jailed you.

Now calling out N1--I did not act during then, so there is at most 1 other cultist advocate present IF Gen.Me is the leader...Excuse my textual sarcasm. :v

Tying the vote at the last second for arguably minor reasons is generally seen as a Very Bad Thing.
...Summed up here, but also that you can perform the...same mistake twice. Like, mirror-image specifically.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2015, 02:10:39 pm »

Mod: Are hammers in effect? Didn't see anything in the OP.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2015, 02:27:53 pm »

@DA: To shorten: Why did you jail those people?
Extend.

If its not mentioned, it is not in effect. :P [No, no hammers are in effect. A hammer is a game mechanic--and thus must be mentioned by the GM if it is in play (such as the vote/timer system, which is mentioned)]

Why do you ask?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2015, 02:29:51 pm »

@DA: To shorten: Why did you jail those people?
Extend.

If its not mentioned, it is not in effect. :P [No, no hammers are in effect. A hammer is a game mechanic--and thus must be mentioned by the GM if it is in play (such as the vote/timer system, which is mentioned)]

Why do you ask?
I'd rather know before I do any votes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2015, 02:42:09 pm »

...For that matter, I'm curious too.

Everyone: What did you do with your vote @D3?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22