Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34804 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 3: Please post more [7/9]
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2015, 06:46:59 pm »

Bah
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2015, 06:50:49 pm »

Note: Finals have started, so my postings will be a bit sparse.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:06:06 am by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2015, 01:04:05 am »

Gah....

Ok, I really have no idea who is the cultist now. I'll re-read the thread again in the morning, and post my thoughts then...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2015, 01:29:32 am »

Interesting...
Generally Me, query.
My gut says zombie urist but don't really have any arguments to support my feeling so. I'm going to vote Tiruin because they seem a bit too non scummy, almost as if they are trying to bring absolutely the least amount of attention to themselves.
Could you expound on this note of logic here, pertaining to the -logical- details on ZU and on Me?
Your gut has a feeling, so there must be a stimulus which should support that feeling. Like a way of word or how you read their verse in 'mental tone'.

Out of the (previous 8), your gut pointed out and singled one person? Or were there more present?

PFP Rain == Net == D:

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2015, 01:57:49 am »

Ok, so I thought of something...

Tiruin: You have been very non-scumhunting in this game. Your posts are usually long, but contain no content. Day 1, you asked me about aggressiveness VS assertiveness. That's all fine and dandy for an RQS, but you continued pursuing that line of thought through day 2, which is not RQS territory. This makes you look pretty active-lurky. Care to explain why you pursued that line of thought?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2015, 02:33:41 am »

Ok, so I thought of something...

Tiruin: You have been very non-scumhunting in this game.
In what manner? Accusing others of being scum directly? My goal is finding the -root-, and I haven't gathered much out of the rest other than knowing their general demeanor, the hesitance to vote, the grounds for voting, and the general judgement people use upon others in interacting with the rest.

Your posts are usually long, but contain no content.
Err, 'no content' how? I need you to expound this please. Do you have a basis of comparison which generally applies to everyone else for this to have merit?

Also in referencing D1 and the rest...I had net problems. Hence why I couldn't do anything about my vote ~D1 or so, and I didn't post despite the existence of an extension at around D2. -_-

Next...my question on you was more regarding attitude, other than what you may assume as an RQS (Random...Questioning Stage?). Random questions aren't my forte--all questions I ask serve a purpose, whether to glean information about the player, their style, or their goals and how they can see them. Meaning they aren't really random at all, because you can -basically ask me- about them...which wasn't done.
This makes you look pretty active-lurky.
...I think you missed my note of being unable to read most of the thread during the times when net = :(
I screenshot'd the pages to read it offline though, and will be posting later on.

Throwback question to you though: Why is it, when you address people, that there's somewhat of an 'assumed variable' in place? You're noting others to be scummy, but those grounds of being scummy aren't in written word, but implied within your words. For me, this is ok in general games, but different in...um, these kinds of games (cult-esque) due to how the win/loss of town applies. People can be converted--they can act scummy all they want, but the problem is in attrition. If one lacks direct-ness, where I see it, then the root of the problem (cult leader) will still grow and thus win the game.

Appended query: What methods of scumhunting do you regularly use which give plausible results? I've been watching the votes ever since...with details going to be posted as said above.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2015, 03:17:08 am »

roo, what were your reasons for voting for Zombie, again?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2015, 05:01:55 am »

Interesting...
Generally Me, query.
My gut says zombie urist but don't really have any arguments to support my feeling so. I'm going to vote Tiruin because they seem a bit too non scummy, almost as if they are trying to bring absolutely the least amount of attention to themselves.
Could you expound on this note of logic here, pertaining to the -logical- details on ZU and on Me?
Your gut has a feeling, so there must be a stimulus which should support that feeling. Like a way of word or how you read their verse in 'mental tone'.

Out of the (previous 8), your gut pointed out and singled one person? Or were there more present?

PFP Rain == Net == D:
i think I didn't trust zombie urist just for the attitude that was conveyed when he wrote but that doesn't seem like enough to lynch. There was also Peradon but I think that was just the amount of people that were voting against him, that made me not trust him.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2015, 05:19:49 am »

Tiruin sorry missed that bit about my logic behind voting you. Basically my logic was you have a very high skill level as you have been in more than 20 games therefore you would find it easy to fake being town.

Also OSG, why will your posting be a bit sparse?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2015, 08:06:24 am »

Note: Finals have started, so my postings will be a bit sparse.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2015, 10:11:53 am »

Oh you mean tests. I thought you meant the final rounds of the game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2015, 10:12:29 am »

Correct.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2015, 12:37:20 pm »

Tiruin: You have been very non-scumhunting in this game.
In what manner? Accusing others of being scum directly? My goal is finding the -root-, and I haven't gathered much out of the rest other than knowing their general demeanor, the hesitance to vote, the grounds for voting, and the general judgement people use upon others in interacting with the rest.
Most of your posts have been discussing mechanics, or have been questioning me about assertiveness vs aggressiveness. The only question I have found that scumhunting, is when you ask me why I voted for TDS over Teneb, which by the way, I had explained in the same post I voted for them. The rest of your posts seem very lackluster.
Your posts are usually long, but contain no content.
Err, 'no content' how? I need you to expound this please. Do you have a basis of comparison which generally applies to everyone else for this to have merit?
No, I just have a general idea of what amount of content is necessary to be good enough to pass muster. Unless you want to get into Platonic though (which could very well be a huge discussion), I wont say more.
Also in referencing D1 and the rest...I had net problems. Hence why I couldn't do anything about my vote ~D1 or so, and I didn't post despite the existence of an extension at around D2. -_-
I took your net problems into account. Its not your lack of posting that makes you active-lurky, it's your lack of content in the posts that you have.
Next...my question on you was more regarding attitude, other than what you may assume as an RQS (Random...Questioning Stage?). Random questions aren't my forte--all questions I ask serve a purpose, whether to glean information about the player, their style, or their goals and how they can see them. Meaning they aren't really random at all, because you can -basically ask me- about them...which wasn't done.
This is the kind of thing that happens Day 1. Granted, I have limited experience with Mafia, but from what I have seen, that kind of thing usually stops after Day 1. After day 1, its usually analysis on why someone voted someone else, or why someone is lurking, or some such.
Throwback question to you though: Why is it, when you address people, that there's somewhat of an 'assumed variable' in place? You're noting others to be scummy, but those grounds of being scummy aren't in written word, but implied within your words. For me, this is ok in general games, but different in...um, these kinds of games (cult-esque) due to how the win/loss of town applies. People can be converted--they can act scummy all they want, but the problem is in attrition. If one lacks direct-ness, where I see it, then the root of the problem (cult leader) will still grow and thus win the game.
I generally have a hard time quantifying why I see someone as scummy. It's hard for me to label exactly what someone is doing that makes them scummy, because a lot of scum-tells are subjective. I try as best I can to explain what makes someone scummy to me.
Appended query: What methods of scumhunting do you regularly use which give plausible results? I've been watching the votes ever since...with details going to be posted as said above.
I usually do a Q&A type scumhunting, where I question someone until I see a flaw in their logic, or I see them being hypocritical. I then point it out, and judge whether it is vote-worthy. I also actively search for breaks in someone's meta, or common scumtells.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2015, 06:23:07 pm »

Votecount:
- Peradon - (0)
- Teneb - (0)
- roo - Deus Asmoth (1)
- origamiscienceguy - (0)
- Generally me - Tiruin (1)
- Deus Asmoth - (0)
- Tiruin - Peradon (1)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Teneb, Generally me, roo, origamiscienceguy

Day 3 ends at 4:40 PM PST June 2nd.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2015, 08:57:37 pm »

Posting to note me being away for the weekend and just quickposting this! :-X

-snip-
You...would note that net problems also equal the lack of posts and quality content, and reviewing the content during the time the problems occur, right? ._.
Though agreed--am currently catching back up and rechecking through the thread currently (post-weekend).

Oh you mean tests. I thought you meant the final rounds of the game.
...Final rounds?
PFP
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22