Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34837 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 2: Everything Seems Fine [8/9]
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2015, 05:49:02 pm »

OSG:I wouldn't have. The explanation is entirely WIFOM though. Why do you think that roo would be the target for conversion, since he's the most obvious target for protection as well?

Also, regarding your post at the end of yesterday, is it really suspicious that someone would be making a lot of posts about the cultist in a game where the cultist is the only scum? The fact that two of the posts you've highlighted are him giving some advice to a new player make me think you're trying to misrepresent him somewhat, so OSG.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2015, 06:41:17 pm »

No because he was pretty useless D1.

More later.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2015, 06:42:12 pm »

OSG I woudnt have for the same reason as Deus. Its mostly because others woudnt know that I protected Roo so they wouldn't trust him. So in the end the known townie doesn't really matter after the first turn. Because it's possible he is a cultist, which puts him in the same boat as everyone else.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2015, 07:05:41 pm »

And I died on Day 1 again. I'll save further comments for the dead chat.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2015, 07:06:13 pm »

And I died on Day 1 again. I'll save further comments for the dead chat.

EBWOP: Bah.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2015, 07:29:03 pm »

It just makes sense to me that he be jailed since that would keep him a known townie. But regardless, a suppose roo is no longer a guaranteed townie.

Im going to vote Taneb at least until he comes back on.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2015, 09:30:23 pm »

zombie urist wazzaaaaap?

no clue why tds died lol. Who is the known townie? Or am I misreading? One every day right? And now we assume someone was converted.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2015, 09:45:01 pm »

] The fact that two of the posts you've highlighted are him giving some advice to a new player make me think you're trying to misrepresent him somewhat.

I disagree. To me, it seems like he's testing the playing field in order to decide best how to approach everyone.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2015, 09:48:30 pm »

Who is the known townie? Or am I misreading? One every day right?
roo: Just a single known townie, just D1.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2015, 09:58:47 pm »

man I feel like town is gonna lose. Cult recruit me. Ultimate wifom moment...
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2015, 10:05:53 pm »

They did recruit you?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2015, 11:19:47 pm »

* Tiruin bops Jack
Net trubbles x_x
Still...2 pages? That's all the activity as of late?

Roo
...Roo? Piece of advice--if you're serious here, you're not going to do well given that your allegiance to your team is with the cultists (and outing yourself generally ends in your lynch, overall). If you're town and trying to bait out the people in question (due to blatant wording)--then I'd posit a question to you:
How are you trying to help your CURRENT team with this level of interaction?

zombie urist wazzaaaaap?

no clue why tds died lol. Who is the known townie? Or am I misreading? One every day right? And now we assume someone was converted.
Err, what's the purpose of the orange portion?
And what were you thinking on the sentences after that?

On TDS: ...That vote on him was more on a placeholder as I got to speed with everyone else. Needless to say, net said otherwise -_-
Placeholder, because I've noted the point in TDS' idea being speculative, though not along the line of being subvertively speculative to hide or to detract from being cult.

OSG
They did recruit you?
What's going on your mind as this is asked--other than return the obvious question?

Just so I can get an idea about how likely it is roo is still town, I would like everyone to answer this question.

Everyone, if you were the jailor, would you have protected roo? (be honest)

I myself would have.

Yes. But this is also depending on the D1 activity and what was being done--knowing my leads however, I would've gone with protecting Roo.
Question though: Your method seems...a bit unconventional. Look at the orange portion: How're you going to get that kind of idea when you're asking everyone -else- but the exact person in question? The person in the question of 'How likely this person is town'.

Peradon
My second scumchoice would be TDS. Besides his lurking, his last post felt like a lazy post and vote. He also asked me to explain myself, but has yet to respond to my explanation.

Your second scumchoice has your vote ever since Day end?
Compared to Teneb, how...valid do you actually think a 'last minute vote before day end' would actually help the Cult and act as a signifier in singling out the ONE cultist in D1?
Why was your second scumchoice holding your ONE vote?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 2: In Which the Mod is Bopped [8/9]
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2015, 11:32:38 pm »

* Tiruin bops Jack
Net trubbles x_x
* Jack is bopped
I understand.  Still going to prod when you hit the prod threshold, though.  Sorry.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2015, 11:39:43 pm »

OSG
They did recruit you?
What's going on your mind as this is asked--other than return the obvious question?
In my oppinion, what roo said here is absolutely stupid. If he is a cultist member, then he just possibly ruined the game for the cultist. If he's lying, then he could have just guaranteed his lynch which could ruin the game for the town. Either way, he's hurting whatever team he's on. I find it more likely that he was recruited and is unhappy with his team transition. I still won't vote 'till a bit later.

Just so I can get an idea about how likely it is roo is still town, I would like everyone to answer this question.

Everyone, if you were the jailor, would you have protected roo? (be honest)

I myself would have.

Yes. But this is also depending on the D1 activity and what was being done--knowing my leads however, I would've gone with protecting Roo.
Question though: Your method seems...a bit unconventional. Look at the orange portion: How're you going to get that kind of idea when you're asking everyone -else- but the exact person in question? The person in the question of 'How likely this person is town'.
The way I was thinking about it, if everyone said they would protect roo, then we could assume he was still town since the only people who had a reason to lie would be the scum, and they can't protect him. If some people said no, which happened, then there is no real downside.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2015, 11:45:59 pm »

The way I was thinking about it, if everyone said they would protect roo, then we could assume he was still town since the only people who had a reason to lie would be the scum, and they can't protect him. If some people said no, which happened, then there is no real downside.
...But you worded your question in a...more decentralized way.
As in, people are already putting that hypothetical that 'I'm the jailer and what would I do'. So it doesn't have that much of an impact that way.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22