Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34753 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!
« on: May 13, 2015, 07:47:17 pm »

Let's get something running.

Basic Rules:
   1. All votes must be in red.  Unvoting before voting again is not required, but appreciated.  You may vote for No Lynch.  In case of a tie, no one will be lynched.
   2. Days are 72 hours while Nights are 24 hours.  Neither time span includes weekends, though I may end weekend-spanning nights after 24 hours if all night actions are in.
   3. Never edit your posts for any reason, including typos.
   4. Do not PM other players.  Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.
   5. Never quote any PM from the mod.  You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly.
   6. Please put my name in bold if you would like to get my attention.
   7. You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold.  Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and are for 24 hours.  Only one extension is available per day.  Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.
   8. Dead players may post one “bah post” to comment on their death, but it may not contain any relevant game information.  After that, dead men tell no tales, so please do not post.
   9. Please make an effort to post at least once daily.  If you do not post for 36 hours, you will be prodded.  If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced.  If you think someone needs a prod, please bring it to my attention- I can’t guarantee I will notice everyone who is not posting.
  10. Never underestimate your importance, and always play to win!

Specific Rules:
  1. Unlike normal games, this game has a cult instead of a mafia! The scum 'team' starts out as one cultist, who can convert one person each night to join the cult's team. The convertee now wins with the cultist, and the cultist wins when he and his converts outnumber the amount of normal players.
  1a. The town does not win when the cult leader is lynched: the town must also lynch all the cultists as well. That said, the cult loses the ability to convert once the cult leader is lynched.
  2. To balance this out, there will be two power roles: a known townie and a jailer.
  3. The known townie is announced and guaranteed to be town for the duration of the first day, but can be converted afterwards.
  4. The jailer picks one person to simultaneously roleblock and protect from conversions every night.  The jailer will not learn whether anyone else visits their target.

Players [9/9]:
- Peradon
- Teneb
- TheDarkStar - Vanilla Town, lynched D1
- roo
- origamiscienceguy
- Generally me
- Deus Asmoth
- Tiruin - Jailer, lynched D4
- zombie urist - Vanilla Town, lynched D2

Replacements:
- Cheeetar
- Persus13
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:48:14 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Signups! [0/9]
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 08:03:29 pm »

Count me In!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Signups! [1/9]
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:47:45 pm »

In as replacement.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 08:58:48 pm »

In
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »

In. This looks fun.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Signups! [3/9]
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 02:10:44 am »

In
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Signups! [3/9]
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:15:56 am »

[$#!+] IN [/$#!+]
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Signups! [5/9]
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 02:42:45 pm »

In

((Never done this before so is there any stuff not in the rules that I need to know))

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 03:01:57 pm »

In

((Never done this before so is there any stuff not in the rules that I need to know))
    Well, this being your first mafia game, I'll put the OP of most beginner matches here for you....
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried to cut out everything that isnt relevant to this game, but some things may be left in there...

Also, note that this is not your typical mafia game we're playing. I have never played with a cult, but I imagine that it will be harder. A lot harder. So, you know, this may not be the best to start out with. But heck, you're welcome to try anyway, you never know, you may flourish in this trial by fire...

FAKE EDIT: Spoilers arent stacking right now.... Dont know why. Oh well...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
      • View Profile
    Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Signups! [6/9]
    « Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 03:21:38 pm »

snip
    Spoilers don't stack. The best you can do is use [ code ] inside, as it has a show/hide function.
    Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
    Quote from: Tack
    What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • Mafia is What Players Make of It
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 03:31:55 pm »

Welcome to the subforum, Generally me.

I recommend reading the Beginner's Mafia OP, as Peradon suggested.  While in need of revisions, it has some useful material.  I specifically suggest reading the Gameplay and Concept section (a good intro to the game) and the terminology/abbreviations, the most useful sections.  Beyond that, you may find it useful to look over a recent game or the previous Cult Mafia to see how the game is generally played.  If you have any questions about how the game works, feel free to ask.

As for the difficulty of cults, they are harder to deal with than the standard mafia, but this is a reasonably simple setup and shouldn't be too beginner-unfriendly.
    Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
    FUCK YOU JACK
    Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
    YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
    Screw you, Jack.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
    • I look like this IRL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 03:54:59 pm »

I have played werewolf with friends and family before but not on forums, only irl.

And I read through a few turns and all the stuff you guys posted and you basically ask people questions and if you they are being suspicious then you vote red and if you might vote for them its blue.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
    • 6th King of the Mafia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 04:03:42 pm »

Replacement IN. Will be an actual in if I'm done with finals before this gets started.
    Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
    Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
    Sigtext

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 04:14:06 pm »

I have played werewolf with friends and family before but not on forums, only irl.

And I read through a few turns and all the stuff you guys posted and you basically ask people questions and if you they are being suspicious then you vote red and if you might vote for them its blue.
    Yeah, pretty much... You make it sound simple....

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
    • I look like this IRL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 04:23:54 pm »

Read through last game. It is anything but simple. So much convoluted tactics and even more convoluted explanations of tactics.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22