Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 17013 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2015, 07:50:57 pm »

"And if you fail, witch?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2015, 07:51:22 pm »

"Take all of your weapons." Tarkhal told Elodie, followed by spending a few more moments considering something before adding: "If we need you inside and it is not for an actual combat situation, you could leave some of them back inside of the speeder or with Gar before getting into the manse. I suppose they can accept someone heavily armed guarding our vehicle, but if you were not to disarm at least somewhat before getting inside as we call for you, they could get the wrong message."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2015, 08:00:56 pm »

"And if you fail, witch?"

He smiles. It was a fake one. Discrimination was per the norm for a Psyker but it still irritated him greatly.

"And if I fail? My abilities simply do no manifest. Occasionally things go wrong, but that is fairly rare. I merely have to be careful I do not use my abilities at a place where the wall between this place and the place I draw from is thin."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:17:54 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2015, 08:38:01 pm »

"I might as well leave my carapace armour and my chainsword here. If we get into combat, I will not have the opportunity to don them."

She scowled deeper at the psyker, noting the "fairly" on the "fairly rare".

"Then kindly refrain from using your vile sorceries near me, witch."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2015, 09:58:59 pm »

Eizen wasn't expecting logic to get anywhere with the Ecclesiarch, but he tried regardless. He mustered his internal resolve and tried anyway. Maybe she, so unlike most of her brethren, had a small modicum of sense. Stupid Ecclessiarchy. At least Commissars wanted to kill you because you were dangerous, not for vague religious reasons. He felt that if the Emperor didn't want Psykers to exist, then they wouldn't exist anyway. It irritated him greatly that so many would so readily take the Emperor's judgement into their own hands. The hubris was disgusting.

"Distrust me all you want, but keep a cool tone and be professional. I'm here because the Inquisition says I'm fit to be here, do you disagree with that? If so, take it up with our inquisitor after we're through with this, since while I don't know about you, I'm not willing to endanger our mission by limiting where and when I can use my abilities. If I screw up, I'm going to pay for it a lot more than you will. "

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2015, 10:59:29 pm »

"I guess that means we have agreed on heading straight to the manse instead of possibly raising suspicions by asking around beforehand." Tarkhal cut in, apparently in an attempt to put an end to the discussion. "Back to your rooms and get ready unless you have something else to discuss. We are moving out as soon as we are properly attired."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2015, 05:36:40 am »

Tesera hears this, and starts getting ready.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2015, 05:39:28 am »

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2015, 05:42:39 am »

"I am not going to be able to conceal any of my weapons. If a fight breaks out, I will be restricted to hand-to-hand."

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2015, 05:57:29 am »

"Nobles learn several styles of chainsword fighting, do not they?" Tarkhal asked, apparently surprised Tesera said she would be going in unarmed. "Why would you not take your chainsword within its scabbard? And you do have a pack to store the other pieces of equipment in case they happen to be necessary."
>Yes?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2015, 06:03:02 am »

"I was under the impression that the noble would not carry a weapon, letting their retainers do the fighting. I see that is somewhat different elsewhere than on my world."

Tesera takes her chainsword and it's scabbard, and fits whatever can fit and not look conspicuous into her pack.
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2015, 06:26:48 am »

"Most nobles like to carry weapons, and some do it even in the case they are not good at wielding them. It is a matter of power, I suppose." Tarkhal explained as he got ready, lifting up his backpack after stuffing things back into it.
>Yes?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2015, 06:34:11 am »

Gar returns to his room and packs his autogun into his crate, holstering his autopistol under the first layer of his robes, next to his new chrono. He then carries the box to the Land's Speeder and starts looking for the lists of rituals that its spirit requires.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2015, 07:06:35 am »

Upon getting to the corridor and noticing what Gar was up to, Tarkhal pulled him aside and gave him the spare backpack. "Please stop carrying a box around."
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2015, 08:18:46 am »

Her tone still steady and icy, Aelia regarded the witch with distaste.

"Have no fears, I will fulfill my role as medicae, witch. Even on you. But I do not trust you or your foul sorcereries."

She turned from the psyker, clearly not intending to listen to any rebuttal, and returned to her room. There were prayers to be done, and she felt unclean to have been so close to a psyker.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20