Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]  (Read 9894 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2015, 07:45:40 pm »

((That's good to know! I will be following the story, until my character appears from the shadows to scare a player, hehe.))

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2015, 07:49:22 pm »

It was just as well that she was being kicked out.  Alicia hadn't realized that this was a vampire led colony when she first arrived, she was fairly certain that she had noticed at least one refugee from her former brood's fighting.  Not the sort of people that she wanted to run into again.  "Forgive my questions lord." Her contempt for her sire species not ever gracing a syllable, having been enslaved to the three ruling races and then to the vampires after a human settlement struck a deal had left her very capable of political behavior, "But is Golagd without another nearby settlement?  Is the Sadist the only trouble it has?"
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2015, 07:50:35 pm »

"Golagd. Considered."

"Many bodies."

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2015, 07:53:50 pm »

"Ordered... You mean that, did I not already have a profession, I would be given one at his discretion?"
"His discretion, yes. He is not unreasonable, he would of course consider what you were suited to. But... perhaps not what you wanted."

It was just as well that she was being kicked out.  Alicia hadn't realized that this was a vampire led colony when she first arrived, she was fairly certain that she had noticed at least one refugee from her former brood's fighting.  Not the sort of people that she wanted to run into again.  "Forgive my questions lord." Her contempt for her sire species not ever gracing a syllable, having been enslaved to the three ruling races and then to the vampires after a human settlement struck a deal had left her very capable of political behavior, "But is Golagd without another nearby settlement?  Is the Sadist the only trouble it has?"
"Oh no, my apologies. There are elves nearby there. Don't know much about them, they're a tight lipped bunch. But very religious."

He looked Alicia over once more. "You know we really could find space here for you if you'd like to stay..."

"Golagd. Considered."

"Many bodies."

"Er, yes. I suppose there are. You will... fit in there."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:10:31 pm by Urist Arrhenius »
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2015, 08:02:19 pm »

((SO MUCH RED :P
I'll change Larek's text color real quick; I considered colors besides red anyway.

Fake edit: Muuuch better.))

"Hmm. Thank you. I believe I might try my luck there, then. Would anyone be joining me on the trip?"
Black lives matter.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2015, 08:08:00 pm »

"Oh no, my apologies. There are elves nearby there. Don't know much about them, they're a tight lipped bunch. But very religious."

He looked Alicia over once more. "You know we really could find space here for you if you'd like to stay..."
"It is of no trouble lord.  You and your colony are already stretched thin enough as it is.  And there will certainly be more seeking your shelter and aid.  Particularly since I have heard rumblings that the brood to the north is having an... internal squabble." Elves had been the ones to treat her the best.  They hadn't raped her or made her work till she was starving to death.  Of course she was 8 years old at the time so... who knows.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:12:40 pm by MrVoid »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2015, 08:33:40 pm »

Caves. Tunnels.
Places devoid of light, Places devoid of life.
Their darkness alone could never hide her as much as a forest could.
The magnoliophytine beasts shifts about in inner turmoil for few moments, until she lightly cracks one of her vines in the air above her head, posing a question;

"You tell us about their leaders, and their ways..." Her short pause is filled with a curt nod towards the vampire. "What is it that you can you tell us about the lands they inhabit?"

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2015, 09:05:23 pm »

"It is of no trouble lord.  You and your colony are already stretched thin enough as it is.  And there will certainly be more seeking your shelter and aid.  Particularly since I have heard rumblings that the brood to the north is having an... internal squabble." Elves had been the ones to treat her the best.  They hadn't raped her or made her work till she was starving to death.  Of course she was 8 years old at the time so... who knows.
The vampire looked disappointed but made no move to stop her.

Caves. Tunnels.
Places devoid of light, Places devoid of life.
Their darkness alone could never hide her as much as a forest could.
The magnoliophytine beasts shifts about in inner turmoil for few moments, until she lightly cracks one of her vines in the air above her head, posing a question;

"You tell us about their leaders, and their ways..." Her short pause is filled with a curt nod towards the vampire. "What is it that you can you tell us about the lands they inhabit?"
The vampire took a small step away from Thornwhip. "Of course, the land. Bulurtz is deep in a mountain; few come out of it's tunnels for any reason. But there are large caverns there, the kind which hold entire lakes teeming with fish. I've even heard there's a place where the mountain open to the sky, and you can see sunlight for a few hours, if you had reason to want to.

Rinsala's caves are in rocky crags which stud a fairly desolate terrain. It could be generously called a shrubland, though few shrubs would seem to support that description. The trolls make do, though I'm not sure how. It is in a valley between some mountains; it is possible they find their food there. And of course a few grazers roam the landscape.

Golagd is truthfully more forest than ruins. The elves prefer the region because of this intense growth, and it is also a reason they are not bothered by other races. Foliage so thick a dwarf can't fit through the gaps and a human can't find the sun to guide them. It is also the farthest from here..."
The vampire looked hopeful.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2015, 09:12:58 pm »

"Even more bodies."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2015, 09:44:07 pm »

As expected, neither Bulurtz nor Rinsala sounded suitable. Golagd's circumstances though, did manage a crooked smile from Thornwhip. Thick, fertile undergrowth? All of her abilities should come to fruition there.

Flinging her vines around in erratic motions, the bloodvine booms with enthusiasm.
"The distance won't matter - Golagd sounds very promising!"

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2015, 09:47:24 pm »

As expected, neither Bulurtz nor Rinsala sounded suitable. Golagd's circumstances though, did manage a crooked smile from Thornwhip. Thick, fertile undergrowth? All of her abilities should come to fruition there.

Flinging her vines around in erratic motions, the bloodvine booms with enthusiasm.
"The distance won't matter - Golagd sounds very promising!"
"Yes my thoughts exactly! You're kind of place! And I, err, I think this one over here wants to go with you. The one that isn't dead yet but isn't the person speaking. That one will also fit in there... Plenty of bodies or something..."

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2015, 09:55:15 pm »

"I have always preferred trees to rocks.  Would you like a traveling companion, Lady Bloodvine?"
((Assuming that she can tell a vocal difference.  Otherwise she says Lord.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2015, 10:29:39 pm »

Dang. I was going to have so much fun with the trolls!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2015, 10:30:44 pm »

The creature stares intently at the undead for a few moments, seemingly giving the query due thought. When Thornwhip replies, her behaviour is mostly devoid of the previous elation.

"There is safety in numbers. Unless one of us proves to be a hindrance, there will be no reason to travel alone."

(( Well, most plants are hermaphroditic, but "producing offspring" is considered a female trait - There is a good chance that most bloodvines would identify as female, or be widely identified as such. ))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2015, 10:54:58 pm »

Larek looks around at the others silently.
He makes no comment of anything.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10