Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]  (Read 9912 times)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Nightborn [RP/RPG]
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »

The Nightborn

The Immaculate Era was a time of prosperity for the civilized races. Those cruel tribes which had once dominated the earth, the orcs, goblins, kobolds, and their kin, had been beaten back. Man, elf, and dwarf reclaimed the land, spreading their civilization far and wide. Nature itself was tamed, and her bounty was yielded to her masters. But this time was not to last. While the civilized races rejoiced the coming of the new year, the 483rd of the Immaculate Era, the number of dark creatures was blossoming. For years old haunts had been quietly reclaimed, their new occupants taking care to remain hidden. Only isolated fighting occurred, mostly between zealous heroes and careless monsters. But this year would mark the end of their silence. Their numbers were too great and their hunger too strong, and this would be looked back on not as the 483rd year of the Immaculate Era, but as the first of the Nightborn Era.

Spoiler: Gameplay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Race Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Existing Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Calendar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settlement Locations (click to show/hide)
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:03:11 pm »

-reserved-

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:04:11 pm »

Reserved.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 09:20:16 pm »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Is this good? I don't know if incorporeal beings can have an inventory or not.

EDIT: corrected little things.

EDIT2: added more little things.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 09:27:28 pm »

Yeah, the thing is Eldritch isn't quite a race, it's more like a type of race. If you mean for it to be one of the Lesser Horrors (the preexisting eldritch race) that's fine. All of your skills fit. You can have an inventory only if you have some way of keeping objects with you, which your character currently doesn't. As for Necromancy, lets just cal it Minor Necromancy and you'll get your little deformed zombies.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:30:54 pm »

Yeah, the thing is Eldritch isn't quite a race, it's more like a type of race. If you mean for it to be one of the Lesser Horrors (the preexisting eldritch race) that's fine. All of your skills fit. You can have an inventory only if you have some way of keeping objects with you, which your character currently doesn't. As for Necromancy, lets just cal it Minor Necromancy and you'll get your little deformed zombies.
Yay! Faceless horrors for me! I'm going to edit those things out.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 09:36:40 pm »

Name:Bloodless
Size:Medium -1
Presence:Undead
Form:Corporeal
Aesthetics:Undead, None +1 -1
Traits:
No natural regeneration: Their inability to feed makes it so that it takes magic to repair damage taken. +1
No pain, No pain: While some physical strikes to their torso and limbs might debilitate a Bloodless, it takes more damage to do so as they do not feel it.  A bloodless must be killed by tremendous brain trauma or magic. -2
Light weapon affinity: While sentient Bloodless are few and far between and technically have no culture, those that serve vampires appear to have preference for light weapons, and many sentients follow suit, taking advantage of their own relative lightness to move even faster.  Faster movement with light weapons. -1
Description:While technically a race of Vampires, Bloodless were unable to acquire the blood of their sire Vampire, rendering them incapable of feeding for sustenance or possessing most of a Vampire's standard skill set and weaknesses.  Most of these poor souls are brain-dead, incapable of thought, and mindlessly serve their sire Vampire until their deaths at the end of some holy man's weapon.  Those that are sentient are the result of tremendous willpower and a rejection of their death.  Their creation often ends in the death of their sire, who they often slaughter in a rage or poison to death.  Visually, those that take care of themselves, and make a point to remove their excess skin, are nigh skeletal versions of themselves from before their conversion.  Their compatibility with sunlight and relatively normal appearance allows them to sometimes serve as messengers for their masters

Monster type, no character yet.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:21:54 pm by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 10:53:45 pm »

Spoiler: Race - Bloodvine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character - Thornwhip (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:15:25 pm by escaped lurker »

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 11:14:23 pm »

Spoiler: Race - Bloodvine (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet to be added
It looks like you spent an extra point, but I really like it. I'd recommend changing the plant creature to just be fire vulnerability. Your size and thorns should give you a fairly large advantage in combat without any special trait related to resisting physical attacks.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 09:45:26 am »

Reserved. Excite. I was wondering if I'd e quick enough to get a character sheet in before 5 pages went by.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:40:24 pm by Pencil_Art »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 10:31:34 am »

Spoiler: Race, Giant Bats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:45:05 am by Ama »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 10:35:32 am »

You seem to have -1 points let, Ama.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 11:02:03 am »

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:38:39 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 11:03:27 am »

You seem to have -1 points let, Ama.
Yeah, you have massive and 1 net positive skill leading to four points spent, so you need to reduce that by one.

BTW, I will happily roll for the height and weight of characters if you'd like.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 11:13:42 am »

I may not get in at all, but I'll get points for creativity, dammit. :P

Race: Gleetch
Size: Tiny (+1)
Presence: None (+1)
Form: Corporeal
Aesthetics: None

Traits:
Fair Flying A Gleetch is capable of levitation and flight through their wings, though they are limited in that they can never completely leave the the sight of the great green Earth, from which they draw their strength.
Slipping Through A Gleetch can physically slip through even the tiniest crack, or chink in stone-even a keyhole. They can slip any mundane bond or shackle-they do this by being able to contort their bodies, even into a flat, two-dimensional shape.
Becoming One with Shadow A Gleetch can fade into natural darkness, to become nearly completely invisible. They are very stealthy and hard to find if they don't want to be.
Plucking the Strings of Fate A Gleetch's most powerful ability is their manipulating of chaos and order-they can concentrate on either a person, an object, or even a situation-and turn good luck to bad, or more rarely vice versa. They don't exactly control how this happens, and it never works entirely reliably.
Social (Elves) – Gleetch are tolerated by some more hardened elves because they are natural spies and inherent tricksters-when an Elf wants a job done, and doesn't care about collateral damage, they may summon or bind a Gleetch to their service.
Face Alchemy (Mimic) A Gleetch has some inherent alchemical techniques they can use to take the form of any medium or smaller creature for up to 24 hours through the use of mystic potions. To do this, they must gather the humors of the creature they intend to mimic-blood, phlegm, and bile. They must brew the potion a full night under a full moon. Taking a form guarantees a perfect physical replica, and they retain all their abilities-but they do not have the creatures thoughts or feelings, and can be detected through cleverness. In addition, while they may outwardly become larger, their strength does not fully increase proportionally. They can share these potions with others (even unwillingly, of course), but the effects are somewhat random on non-Gleetch...
Face Alchemy (Twist) – Gleetch have a final utility through alchemy-the ability to enhance or ruin physical beauty. They can do this to themselves, or others, to enhance or ruin the physically attractive qualities of any species. This is not magic, in and of itself-or at least it's very mundane magic. To do so, they must gather four emotional humors from four different mortal souls-sadness, happiness, anger, and fear-and brew the potion for a full night under a waxing moon or waning moon (Waxing moon produces ugliness, Waning moon beauty). Such an enchantment is useful, but fragile-if the mortals who the emotions were gathered from change unduly, the magic begins to fade. If any of them die, the enchantment fades completely. Otherwise, the changes are near permanent and quite stark.

Cold Iron is Pain Gleetch's are vulnerable to combinations of certain rare metals mined deep underground. Collectively this 'Cold Iron' alloy is a bane to them-for example, they can't pass through walls made of it, cold iron chains keep them from flying and exposes their disguises, and cold iron armor is proof against their luck turning abilities.
Never, never lie A Gleetch can never really tell a direct lie, nor break an oath once fairly given. This doesn't mean they can't answer evasively, use clever wordplay, or just choose not to answer-or trick one into breaking their word, voiding the oath. If they ever tell a deliberate lie or break an oath of their own free will, however, the Faerie Queen brings them back to the Unseelie court for...punishment. It's said the Faerie Queen gives each misbehaving Gleetch ten words and ten seconds, however, to prove their innocence, before she takes them away...

Spoiler: Name: Havoc (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10