Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate. Rebooting a Pair of Boots and a Parrot. (Players wanted~)  (Read 60353 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Calenthe gives the relevant people his contact ID thing and then returns outside. How broken, exactly, is the mech?
The leg joint is completely shattered, as well as the lower section of the spine and the top right arm's elbow. Repairable, but not with the facilities onhand. Gonna need to get parts shipped out or find a functional machineshop.

Fucking cat.

Playing the same game over and over again is getting boring. It would probably be fun to hang out with Nii-san for a while.

Sasha leaves his room and goes to find Drevin.
After some wandering. You find Drevin tinkering with one of the port guns. He doesn't seem to have noticed you.

Rook heads for the restaurant. As he enters, he assesses the place:
If it seems fancy, he waits for a waiter. "Hello. No, I don't have a reservation. Table for one, if I may. Huh, interesting decor."
If it seems seedy, he walks up to the bar, carefully stepping around the spacesuited person doing a statue impression. "Hello. Might I get today's special along with the word on the street? Also, may I ask what all the spiderwebs are for?"
It's sorta a combination of fancy and not fancy. With a bar. A midtier if you will. Also really weird decorations.

You actually don't see any waiters. Or a bartender. Place seems to be attended by robots. You place your order, which arrives shortly after and question about the spiderwebs. The robot you ordered from responds that it's Halloween, an ancient Terran holiday in which children dressed up like monsters and trespassed on random people's property, receiving rocks and toothbrushes for their effort. The people who own the property decorated the property in a way to dissuade children with certain phobias. The fewer children that trespassed, the higher their score. At the end of the day, the property owners would share how many trespassers they had with one another.

Nivian follows Rook through the door, thanking him for "holding it." In actuality, it was a pretty heavy-looking door, and Nivian wasn't actually sure she had the strength to open it without cheating.

She speaks in the vague general direction of the storeowner.
"It occurs to me that this 'decor' may do more to scare customers than to attract them. Are you seeking to clear it any time soon?"
The a different robot states what Rook was told to you. You fail to find a store owner. ((Read above~))

Owen goes and gets a meal, drops his card off, and returns to the spot where the cat was.
You get a meal of mostly meat. Apparently its several parts of a planetworm. As well as some fruit. One of the fruits is an apple. Said apple has a face. You then return to the area you saw the cat.

((Just adding some actions on top of the previous ones.))

I scan my companions using gamma and x-ray vision. It would be wise to know which ones are merely pretending to be human.
Gamma is pretty much nonexistent inside the station. As well as Xray. No sources and heavy shielding. You discover nothing due to not using frequencies with light of those types nearby~ You don't emit either~ Do research on the EM spectrum~

Sig sets his PDA on the table so the others can add his contact code.
"After all this work is said in done or we separate for a bit contact me if you need something. Now excuse my while I go rummage through the wreckage that is the apocalypse for mechanical kind outside."
With the end of the last word out of his mouth he turns around and heads out to see what he can get out of the utterly destroyed robots.

Scavenging the robots yo.
Only one robot. Specifically a cargo mech. Which you can't really carry on your own. And the main thing that needs "salvaging" is the multiple legjoint shards scattered around the nearby area. You begin picking up the shards.

These are people I will fight with. Just have to wait for their ship now.

Do a visual scan (no power) of the hangar. Besides the mech, what's worth stealing? What kind of security is present?
You don't know what's in the crates, therefore you don't know what's worth stealing. There's a lotta security. The Passenger freighter would qualify as valuable.

"If you ever need help interrogating..."
She holds a fistful of spiders in her hand.
"I mean, it depends on what phobias the victim has. Process of elimination usually works."

"That reminds me of something, excuse me, I'll be back in a minute."

Get up and look for the owner of this establishment.
You fail to find them. Just robots.

Ooh, people ARE interested.

"In my time here I've worked many jobs. Culling the incredibly dangerous wildlife on Nope, hunting planetworms, jacking ships, you name it, I've done it.
But I need to know what you're good at, what sort of combat or... other specializations. We got a possible negotiator at least.

I mostly want to make sure I got people available, I plan to go planetworm hunting, but we'll see what pops up. Maybe an orbital planetworm, maybe pirates, maybe derelicts, you never know what pops up.
"

Get out datapad, log onto personal mercenary profile (for easy access to contacts and contracts), and see what's up. Any new contracts, oddities going on, planetworm status, etc.
No current planetworm contracts. Bertha and Jimmy haven't tried making a Leap yet and seem pretty calm. There is however an oddity. There is a known ghostship that more or less materialized on the sensors and is headed towards the station on an interception vector. There is a contract for boarding it and ensuring it does not damage the station.

((I don't have proper names for things all the time, but I'm ok at coneptualizing. also, if one of me is startled all of me are - no independence of bodies at all. also means I rest best if all of me sleep at once, though I might rest some of me for physical rest while I focus on the rest of me. mentally I'm around a singular older child.
physically though, I'm kittens, not even cats. so I'm really tiny, but not coordinated enough to be truly fast yet.))
starting-metally me gets out of there and attempts to join the resting-me's in the windy tunnel. the metallies move and I don't want to be split up too far!
food-seeker continues to seek food.
openwall viewers attempt to slip through and see what's on the other side.
and as for hiding-behind-metallie-me...

((aww, maroons already taken. Well, maroon with grey it is!)

"Bertha and Jimmy? What a pair of names for spaceworms..."

Everett spots the cat, wanders close, and attempts to coax it over so he can pat it.
I watch the man approach me and glance to either side.
I don't think I can outrun him. Humans are big and fast. Is there something I can slip through that he can't?
I take a couple steps along the side of the metally - away from the man, while watching his reaction.

edit:
after *events* hiding-me attempts to leave the room where everyone is mad at me.
"Hrmm... Perhaps food might help... Tad peckish myself..." Owen straightens, then -leaves-
I watch the man say something about food, then get up and leave.
He didn't try to grab me, and he said something about food...
I watch the man leave from my hiding place, then attempt to sneak out of the room where everyone is mad at me.
The You in the metally crate exits the crate and enters the windy.

Foodseeker finds a mousy and pounces on it, killing it.

Openwall viewer slips through the wall. It's a small room with a lotta things twoleggy people sit on. It appears deserted.

Everybody leaves the room, so You proceed to the windy tunnel in the wall. No need to sneak. Soon after You head to the tunnel, people start coming back.

((Let me know if I missed any actions.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Owen puts some of the meat down by where he saw the cat, then settles down about 20m away, pulling out a book to read, with the rest of the meat at his side.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"I don't even care any more. I'm not picking up this shit."
Calenthe looks for something else to do.
Black lives matter.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile

Sig lets out a low whistle at the scene.
"This is insane. A cat did all this? Wow.
He takes the shards that he collected and sets them on the nearest flat table-ish thing he can find.
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Hey nii-san. What are you doing?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Knight walks to Calanthe and taps him on the shoulder before pointing to the freighter.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:09:48 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Calenthe turns around.
"What? What about the freighter?"
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Grrgsstgrr..."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

"Excuse me, I have two questions, first, do you have a writing implement that I could have, and second, is that.." Tarak points at the large spider on the ceiling, "..Part of your decorations?"

Nivian holds Zero a notepad and an old-fashioned fountain pen.
"You could use mine."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Well, I'll be damned, that sure is something.

"Ghost ship? Ghost ship. And a really big one too, it's on a crash course with us, we'll be paid to prevent it from doing so. Unknown riches may await us onboard.
I have no idea what's on it, so how about all of you?
"

Send a message "motherf***ing ghost ship" to the others who left their contact information.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Knight considers going with the slime for the contract but realises the ghost ship crashing into the dockyard would provide a distraction for what he has in mind.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile

Sig checks his PDA to see the message a certain someone sent him.
"Now this is gonna be fun."
He rolls his eyes and heads to where he thinks his skills will be the most useful.
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"Are we talking about a literal ship crewed by ghosts, or just an unmanned hulk? Either way, I'm in."

((No revelation on what the daily special of the eatery is?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

"Are we talking about a literal ship crewed by ghosts, or just an unmanned hulk? Either way, I'm in."

((That reminds me.))
"And where's my planetworm steak?"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

blazing glory

"It is mildly disturbing that we live in a universe where this sort of clarification is actually required."

"I am in."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37