Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 101167 times)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2015, 02:51:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This might be the most disgusting aspect of the game. The players consist of children and cryptofascists.
What the hell is a cryptofascist?
By cryptofascists I mean "ironic" fascists, the kind you would find on the various boards. Their veneer of irony only hides more fascism underneath.

But sure. Whatever you say.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2015, 02:56:11 pm »

TIL 4chan is a singular homogenic entity and irony doesnt exist.

Also this game becomes very frustrating/boring when you become big. There's nobody to eat and you lose mass constantly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2015, 02:59:44 pm »

TIL 4chan is a singular homogenic entity and irony doesnt exist.

Also this game becomes very frustrating/boring when you become big. There's nobody to eat and you lose mass constantly.
Irony does exist, and 4chan is better than it used to be. Doesn't mean there aren't a number of "ironic" fascists. Much of the troublesome material seems to have moved on to 8chan. If this is the kind of discourse we're going to have here, sure, I can invent your arguments, claims and attitudes for you as well. Or maybe I'll just get out of dodge, since people are so bloody adamant on defending channers.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2015, 03:11:01 pm »

I"m not defending anybody, I'm just wondering about this word which strikes me as a boogeyman word used generally for anybody you dislike along right-wingy grounds.  Like fascist, except since it's crypto they dont' even have to be fascist.
Shoes...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2015, 03:20:00 pm »

When you're using it to describe people who like the Nazis, it's entirely accurate.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2015, 03:21:54 pm »

What a bizarre conversation.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that. Damn you can get real big real fast if you team up with someone (probably over voice chat or something.) The ability to split without risk (because you then just feed yourself to your friend, who then feeds your mass back) seems like it's a huge game changer. I saw two people doing this earlier and they got to first place in what seemed like... Minutes. I sacrificed myself to destroy them and feed them to third place (I was second, and had been squaring off with third since we were at like, 5-6 place). Which was pretty cool. Too bad it turned out the guy who was in third was an idiot or something. Next time I saw him he was in about a dozen bits, and when I tried to save him from the guys chasing him he tried to eat me, which doomed him.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2015, 03:27:13 pm »

Posting to watch.  I have gone by many names, but my most successful so far has been "Society"

Society has eaten poland, society has eaten free speech, society has eaten The sun.   I also had a somewhat successful round as Praise the Sun, and Jool
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2015, 03:28:32 pm »

When you're using it to describe people who like the Nazis, it's entirely accurate.

That's not crypto-fascist though.  Technically it's not fascist either, Nazis were Nazis, not fascists.  Whatever though, I know what it means.

I just call them fucklers though, you can't really ascribe any political opinion to people like that.  Honestly reddit's worse.  On reddit any opinions people don't like just disappear so it just becomes a prism for fucked up opinions.  See /r/fatpeoplehate for a great example.  From "we shouldn't celebrate obesity as a positive life choice" to "kill all fat people"

Actually relevant though, the power systems are interesting.  A couple times I've fed myself to somebody just to fuck over the guy chasing me.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:36:41 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2015, 03:45:25 pm »

One behavior I've seen a lot more of lately is that, when you manage to nom part of someone and you're both fairly large, a lot of people will be honorable and commit sudoku, feeding the rest of themselves to you.

Going on U.S. East as Ziggy Stardust.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2015, 04:00:17 pm »

I think the stupidest thing I've ever done is trying to aggressively eat someone when right next to someone bigger. We were in a 3 way feeding frenzy and he just split in our direction and ate us all propelling him to 1st place.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2015, 04:08:55 pm »

I am confused as to why there's such a vocal (4n)chan presence in this game. Did it get a big thread on /v/? Is the dev a channer?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2015, 04:10:09 pm »

I am confused as to why there's such a vocal (4n)chan presence in this game. Did it get a big thread on /v/? Is the dev a channer?
Yes, it's where he got most of his skin suggestions.
He's also a redditor, apparently.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2015, 04:23:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gotta go fat
You!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2015, 04:27:36 pm »

But everybody uses Reddit so identifying as a "Redditor" (or pejoratively identifying others as such, shoutout to SRS!) is just a few steps down from identifying as a "Googler" or a "Facebooker". 4chan, while not obscure, has a much smaller userbase, and 8chan is a drop in the ocean by comparison to both, so "Channer" is a viable identification. But I digress.

Anyway, even though it's tremendously fun, I cannot seem to git gud at this game; I've barely scraped the bottom of the leaderboards before being eaten by the bigger blobs, and I'm still in awe of you people will 3000-point records.

EDIT: There is also not an "Israel" flag skin (I tried). I suspect this may be deliberate in order to avoid Israel-Palestine flamewars or /pol/acks making le happy merchant jokes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:29:13 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2015, 04:36:24 pm »

* Kevak does not use reddit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22