Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 101143 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2015, 07:15:27 pm »

Another tip, don't play grabass with guys around your size.  Alone you might not be worth splitting but if there's two of you trying to fight you're both a much bigger target.
Shoes...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2015, 07:24:18 pm »

Another tip, don't play grabass with guys around your size.  Alone you might not be worth splitting but if there's two of you trying to fight you're both a much bigger target.
I've been on all three sides of that exchange. The guy trying to chase the same size guy, the guy trying to get away, and the guy who sees a delicious snack.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2015, 08:26:28 pm »

I'm glad to see they finally nerfed AE in this patch. When it got time to break the HRE, I just launched an offensive into the mass of principalities, and if anything found their smaller individual size made it easier to conquer for once. The BBB with their elan is still as horrible as ever, and you never know when GB will split off some forces and snipe you, but all in all it seems easier than ever to blob. Seems some of the flags are missing though, I tried playing as Majapahit and just got a generic color. Don't know what's up with that.

Wait, what thread is this?

In all seriousness, this is a surprisingly fun time waster.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 08:57:33 pm »

I was the biggest. Then I realized I needed to eat dinner so I fed myself to a Moon.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2015, 09:33:43 pm »

my highest score was 9k, kept eating several of the 2nd and 3rd place players, actually surprised the game didn't end
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2015, 11:07:20 pm »

This does not work on phone
It loads and plays but there are no controls the blob just moved randomly (unless I've got it wrong)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2015, 11:47:02 pm »

Yeah, you're going to need a mouse. Even a decent touchscreen won't cut it, and I imagine your view distance is terrible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 12:09:01 am »

Yup
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2015, 12:11:53 am »

God dammit putnam that was your fault.
Shoes...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2015, 01:36:32 am »

This is surprisingly rage-inducing.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 02:30:27 am »

I think the green things are supposed to be viruses.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2015, 06:04:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This might be the most disgusting aspect of the game. The players consist of children and cryptofascists.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2015, 06:38:09 am »

Shit I love this game, the mechanics are simple but very well working (it reminds me of the only part of Spore that wasn't crappy). I hope the greenlight goes well.

This might be the most disgusting aspect of the game. The players consist of children and cryptofascists.

This must depend on the server. I was playing some time ago in EU (reached 2nd as patriarchy, eaten by qing) and I saw a bit of everything. There was Stalin, Hitler, doge, matriarchy, gaben and a handfull of cyrillics, you name it.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2015, 06:46:37 am »

Shit I love this game, the mechanics are simple but very well working (it reminds me of the only part of Spore that wasn't crappy). I hope the greenlight goes well.

This must depend on the server. I was playing some time ago in EU (reached 2nd as patriarchy, eaten by qing) and I saw a bit of everything. There was Stalin, Hitler, doge, matriarchy, gaben and a handfull of cyrillics, you name it.
I mean, sure, you get more than just the channers, but still. The presence is notable, persistent, irritating, and a reminder of the more frightening vistas of the Internet.

And yeah, I love the game too. Simple, very functional, but still the emergent gameplay!!! is interesting. All sorts of power relations pop up.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2015, 07:36:39 am »

I mean, sure, you get more than just the channers, but still. The presence is notable, persistent, irritating, and a reminder of the more frightening vistas of the Internet.

And yeah, I love the game too. Simple, very functional, but still the emergent gameplay!!! is interesting. All sorts of power relations pop up.
"4chan, 8chan, reddit," "frightening"

You may choose only one, padawan. I mean, unless you're scared of stupidity, or that most of those people are relatively "normal" (for whatever value you want to ascribe to that) when they don't have the mask of perceived anonymity. Or unless you're one of those people that conflates the shit that's kept corralled in a couple of the NSFW boards with the entire community. For that matter, you do know that the person who made it is a regular on both reddit (hence the feature request contact information in the changelog) and 4chan (most/all of the skin requests were taken in /v/), right?

Oh, and skin: Steam. Of course, how could I forget.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22