Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 101181 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2015, 08:06:14 pm »

That seems to be the case, yeah; even the guy I was nice to and gave a few pellets to decided to follow me home and try to eat me. Which failed, but still. Asshole.

I maintained 6th-7th place on US East for half an hour by setting up a spike ball fort in the south-west corner, and just hanging out. Turns out the spike balls normally fly apart just far enough for a ~800 mass blob to squeeze through, and I squeezed through segments of my fence at 1000 mass as well. People repeatedly tried to squeeze in to run from someone else or steal my pellet hoard (YOU NO TAKE PELLET!!) and I maintained my mass mainly through eating them. Even roving just outside the fort, when the pellet fields were plump, couldn't sustain me above 800 mass indefinitely. Have to rely on eating intruders.

Of course I need to go to class now, so I fed myself to the Union Army; they seemed to appreciate it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2015, 08:09:55 pm »

I fed someone... While I was split... The decided it wasn't enough and split trying to eat me, failed, I recombined and at one of the blobs that was ontop of me (same size as my blob) then split and ate the rest of him for being a jerk
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2015, 08:12:41 pm »

That virus clump...  I got into a clash of the titans as "Roomba" vs somebody with queen at the start of their name.  I had her dead to rights, just had to run her into a wall and we hit a virus field instead.  Obviously a cultivated one.  The guy in 3rd followed us in and all the little guys took every opportunity to spike us titans.  I think queen was the only one who had a place on the leaderboard after that slaughter, but she was down to 6th or something.  I ended up getting gobbled up by poland.

It was a bloodbath I never saw so many small size cells on the screen at once.  I don't think anyone over 1500 mass avoided a spike in that madness.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2015, 08:17:02 pm »

One of my favorite dick moves is to split into 2 halves for no reason and wait until they can converge again.  Then travel in a direction that allows them to stay seperate with as little overlap as possible.  People will come by to nom me, and I will run for a small distance to reel them in.  Then, when they arent willing to give it up, I suck them in upon convergion.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2015, 09:37:22 pm »

literally the best part of this game is when the #3 or 4 is overconfident and trying to eat you and you spikeball them out of spite, even though you know you'll be small enough to get easily nommed. I never see their face, but I can imagine, and imagination is almost as good as the real thing.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2015, 08:37:11 am »

Playing as a spikeball grovetender in this game is an unending series of teeth grinding frustrations. Something you don't realize when you're big is that there are so many idiots in this game. Stuck somewhere between 500 to 2000 mass, can't ever get above that because they are too idiotic unless they hit a really lucky patch and manage to nom a weakened top lister (and even then they soon become the weakened toplister for some other idiot to eat) You don't notice these guys when you're trying to get big nearly as much, as they are pretty much nothing but fodder for your growth. But holy shit when you are purposefully staying small and growing spike balls, these guys are the bane of your exisstance. Forget how they will make rediulous splits to eat you that immediately end with someone else eating them. Forget how they'll be mindlessly persistent to hunt down even the smallest and most worthless blob. These idiots getting themselves spikeballed is the worst thing ever. Just constantly killing themselves on my forest over and over again. I grew two spikeballs into a good patch of about 12-15, when a whole gang of these guys rolled though playing the "I EAT YOU" "NUH UH I EAT YOU" game. By the time the slaughter was over I had 3 spikeballs left. And then how they'd rather let anyone else eat them then the person they perceive as at fault for their spike balling, even though I was trying to avoid them, when I tried to recoup my losses from their shattered bodies they just suicided into some toplisters nearby.

Most rage I've felt in a game in weeks.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2015, 09:08:43 am »

These two frustrate me the most when I am tending a spikeball grove:

1. Leaderboarders who split to eat a 50 mass cell. Often, some intrepid #7 or #8 leaderboarder splits to eat me, a tiny 50 mass cell, and then promptly dies to some other leaderboarder.

2. When somebody explodes on a spikeball, but is still big enough to eat me anyways. Incredibly unfair >:l

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2015, 09:45:45 am »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:13:45 pm by penguinofhonor »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2015, 09:51:45 am »

Yeah, trying to get about a hundred size and opportunistically hunting other medium-size cells then reducing my size back to about a hundred works the fastest...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2015, 10:01:40 am »

Made it to 7th place on leader-board , playing as Slovakia.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2015, 10:36:45 am »

Played as UK Election. Two larger players decided to try and corner me together, but I stayed between them, because they were slightly of different sizes. They would risk getting eaten by the other. They decided to hound me alongside the edge of the map, but oh, what a surprise, an even larger player appeared, eating us all. What a surprise! :P

People aren't very conscious of power politics.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2015, 12:18:45 pm »

Gonna have to PTW this; pretty clever.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2015, 12:32:52 pm »

You could come play.  I'm FeedDaSpinners in usa east
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2015, 12:43:02 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:15:07 pm by penguinofhonor »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2015, 12:44:46 pm »

Twice a guy playing as Nazi fed himself to me (as Patriarchy.)  I'm not sure what to make of that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22