Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 177280 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Hello Sailor ;)
« Reply #930 on: February 26, 2017, 08:49:45 pm »

Caladlebolg + 12 ixc onto the AF. And Gargoyle, make yourself useful already! Pop the bubbles or something.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 27, 2017, 12:40:08 am »

Turn off my shield and check up on the downed LANDSKNECHT. Harass the clockwork goons with my bound Shorty, but don't get too close yet. Try to see if they've already killed the pilot, what weaponry they have, and where the giant bird thing went. Cast some quick magic, too: 9c gzdz.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 04, 2017, 12:42:18 am »

Well then.
Activate [LUCK]
Get on one knee, and bow.
Keep my neck and head straight, and pointed straight at the wall of enveloping blackness.

"You will fall to me."
"1d avdi"

Rise, and keep my gun ready. If it looks like I can pass safely do so, if doubt stays my step, then stay.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 25, 2017, 08:39:26 pm »

James Heign:

"Well then."

Gravity gun the bloody monster. Odds are it won't like it. If attacked, dodge.
[UTAR vs. SDEF: AUTOSUCCESS] Gravity gun on monster.
[MDEF vs. LTAR: 11 vs. 2] Avoiding being sliced.
The monster crumples, distracted and unable to dodge, purple blood staining its robes, it's pinnedbut still alive, and your enhanced sight tells you that if you relax the trigger, it will limp out of your line of sight... not that your weapon actually requires line of sight to use of course. The strange black nodules on the terminals open up and spray out a tangled mesh of wire which begins shooting its razor sharp metal filaments at you like scything whips. You twist through the initial flurry of strikes dodging with ease, though it looks like you'll need to murderize the damn wiremonster as well now.

Shoot the bear (with the SHORTY) until it stops thrashing?  Pleasedontdiepleasedontdie.

Also, uh, what's with the arms, do they work now?

The arms always worked, they're just kept chained thanks to seemingly having a mind of their own. Said chains have now been broken and they don't particularly interested in helping you, though really, short of tearing open the cockpit, they probably can't do much for you.

[UTAR vs. MDEF: AUTOSUCCESS] Firing on the bear

You pump the lead bear full of lead, muzzle flash lighting up the cockpit as the round bury themselves into their target amidst flakes of its body. While you have manage to leave craters on its back, you fail to actually kill it.

Suddenly it stiffens and it yanks on something. Some that beeps.

...That was the ejection lever. Son of a bi-

With a woosh, you find yourself being flung out of the cockpit and through a series of abandoned tents, their fabric while entangling and rough do manage to help reduce your injuries to just a lot bruising. Your former frame rears up, piloted with no small feat of skill, while the remaining clockwork constructs turn around, now preparing to attack the recently-arrived infantry.

"A few, if you'll allow me to speak freely. What happened to those temporally displaced folks of ours that were detected coming into the system before I headed into the storm? And is there any chance the higher ups managed to get a temporary ceasefire or joint task force set up with the other factions to deal with the extrauniversal threat? I mean, they wouldn't be so foolish as to still be at each other's throats while the eldritch entity rapes our universe and threatens the existence of our whole species, right? And what exactly is it I'll be doing for you? Also, I'll need a fortified room to test out my magic. Fortified to protect those of you outside, I mean. I'll just come back if I die."

Talky stuff.
"They're in orbit now, apparently to everyone else, we're the ones moving slowly. We're, trying to negotiate but we haven't assessed the true danger posed by the anomalous units, doesn't help that everyone's so damn fond of brinksmanship and trying to put a real high price on their aid, one we aren't allowed to pay. Hell really is other people I suppose.

We need you for your immortality, which means you can be sent on missions that would fail in mortal hands.  And of course we can procure a room for your experiments."

"I mean, where do I start? I guess though, I'd like to first know about what those powers are: Agility, Analysis, Alteration?What is that meant to mean?

Ask questions!
"exactly that. you are faster, more perceptive, and can change the WORLD around you. summon what should not exist, interface and resist what most HUMANS cannot. you can see the PATH of a BULLET and shoot it away."

Whisper to Red: "Hmm, any changes this secret facility is where the stuff you wanted me to find might be?

Say, how far your silencing ability goes? You can make people ignore my talking, so it stands for reason you can silence sounds of my movement too. I'm thinking launching suprise attack and it would be great if I can start off without making noise. I suppose the real question is: will you hide me if I ask you to do so?"

09AIAR ready for attack. Experiment with magic: otrm -E
"Not right now, takes time to set it up. It's not exactly easy. Besides, that takes all the fun out of it! And I'm afraid not, but this is a group that wants to mess with that thing so dealing with them however you desire is perfectly fine by me!"

[COMP: 6/5] Spell, otrm -E

A shimmering outline of some manner of shield appears around your weapon. You feel power surge through it, but also a jolt of pain through your arm.

Caladlebolg + 12 ixc onto the AF. And Gargoyle, make yourself useful already! Pop the bubbles or something.
[COMP: 20/8] Spell, 12 ixc
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 7 vs. 5] Spell attack
[LTAR vs. MDEF: AUTOSUCCESS] Gargoyle attack
[MDEF vs. UTAR: 16 vs. 8, 8] Avoiding the invisible explosion guns

The frame is crippled by the barrage of dark energy shot out by your legendary ladle and that point just in front of your chest, before it even begins to fall, the is gargoyle pouncing, intercepting in it midair and tearing it to pieces with entropic claws before it even hits the ground. Guess the gargoyle can't fly. As for the other two, well, they were far too predictable and far too slow - before they even attacked, you saw right through all the possibilities, and dodged before they could even aim, the ground again getting cratered were you used to be.

The bubbles shift and pulse, but they don't actually seem to be doing anything just yet.

Turn off my shield and check up on the downed LANDSKNECHT. Harass the clockwork goons with my bound Shorty, but don't get too close yet. Try to see if they've already killed the pilot, what weaponry they have, and where the giant bird thing went. Cast some quick magic, too: 9c gzdz.
[COMP: 4/4] Spell, 9c gzdz
A stream of flesh jets out from all your finger tips at once, arcing back together into a larger stream and firing forwards before the beam as a whole solidifies into some kind of horrible pulsating meat rod and flops to the ground.

"Ewwwww"

The suppressive fire at the clockwork goons only serves to gain their ire, two bear swiveling smart cannons, one that disgorges bolts of glowing dust, the other unleashing an octarine beam. The third wields a shifting autoscythe with a blade formed of vegetation made from some kind of bright green energy.

The bird was circling above the frame but is now beginning to fly away.

Unfortunately, you also now have more, pressing, matters at hand because the pilot ejects from the frame, and the frame, continues moving. It get back up, and is now looking right at you lot, your augmented vision indicating that a conical projection is about to erupt from it and that you probably don't want to be within that cone.

Well then.
Activate [LUCK]
Get on one knee, and bow.
Keep my neck and head straight, and pointed straight at the wall of enveloping blackness.

"You will fall to me."
"1d avdi"

Rise, and keep my gun ready. If it looks like I can pass safely do so, if doubt stays my step, then stay.
[COMP: 8/6] Spell, 1d avdi

Black dust flies forwards just in front of your head, launching into the darkness, you hear it ignite somewhere in the distance, the substance burning into a distant wall, the red flame providing some faint illumination.

The darkness seems safe and you step forwards as the darkness wraps around you like a funerary shroud. It is dark and warm here, but you can feel something nearby. Stalking you, the laugh trickles out again closer now. As you whip around to face it, the darkness coalesces into a single figure. A man wearing a full charcoal suit with a blood red tie and a grey stetson hat. In his hand is a bouquet of white roses which he lets fall to the floor, pulling from them a M60 light machine gun.

"I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. Nothing personal old chap, you know how it is."

[MDEF vs. UTAR: 5 vs. 1] Avoiding the attack

The machine gun opens up with a roar of high velocity 7.62mm rounds. The rounds rip through concrete and air but you are able to handily dodge the burst of machine gun fire, but in such confined spaces, it's only a matter of time until you get hit, not unless you kill him first of course.

"Now, now, that's not how it goes! Let's try it again shall we? And this time, please do die."

You can already the pale lines tracing from where he will fire.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 25, 2017, 08:39:48 pm »

<
Turn 53
|
Turn 54
|
Turn 55
>

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wipeout (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:45:35 am by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 25, 2017, 08:42:28 pm »

((Sorry about the delay, university semester started and we're still adjusting to the timetables.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 25, 2017, 08:46:07 pm »

Who's piloting my frame?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 25, 2017, 08:49:00 pm »

((The bear. And the arms have possessed the bear. So the arms are using the bear to pilot the frame.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 25, 2017, 08:53:18 pm »

((...Joy.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 26, 2017, 04:23:38 pm »

((Oh. That frame. Those clockwork automatons. Whoops!))

Try to block the cone with my shield, and if I'm still alive run away towards where the pilot escaped to. Don't bother trying to carry the shield.

Edit: This turn has been replaced.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:49:46 am by The Ensorceler »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 26, 2017, 04:35:27 pm »

((Don't worry, I didn't know you two were in the same area either until Corsair handed me the draft for this turn.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 27, 2017, 09:32:06 am »

"GET OUT OF THE WAAAAAAAAAAAY"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:08:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 27, 2017, 10:49:10 am »

James Heign:

"Perfect. To quote somebody a long time ago: can't touch this."

Cataphile's Waltz over to next to the gravity amplified monster, decapitate it with bound axe.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 28, 2017, 12:30:00 pm »

"Sorry for thinking effectiveness. I guess I could go for more fun route and talk them into my slaves. I mean, how's making people ignore me chatting with you in real time easier than silencing my foot steps in real time which should be much easier to predict and adapt to? Not that I'm complaining or really even understanding what you are exactly doing, but man is curious. Could ya entertain my pretty head?"

Silent deep breath. Swift movement at the door, hold breath, aim and fire. In order of priority: snipers, the sailor, and lastly beefy ones.

08 ixc at the ones still alive in reverse order.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 29, 2017, 02:35:52 am »

The darkness seems safe and you step forwards as the darkness wraps around you like a funerary shroud. It is dark and warm here, but you can feel something nearby. Stalking you, the laugh trickles out again closer now. As you whip around to face it, the darkness coalesces into a single figure. A man wearing a full charcoal suit with a blood red tie and a grey stetson hat. In his hand is a bouquet of white roses which he lets fall to the floor, pulling from them a M60 light machine gun.

"I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. Nothing personal old chap, you know how it is."

[MDEF vs. UTAR: 5 vs. 1] Avoiding the attack

The machine gun opens up with a roar of high velocity 7.62mm rounds. The rounds rip through concrete and air but you are able to handily dodge the burst of machine gun fire, but in such confined spaces, it's only a matter of time until you get hit, not unless you kill him first of course.

"Now, now, that's not how it goes! Let's try it again shall we? And this time, please do die."

You can already the pale lines tracing from where he will fire.

Excellent.

Focus on staying out of the way of those projected bullet paths (MDEF) and close the distance as fast and as soon as possible. The M60 is no derringer, he might have a harder time shooting me with it if I'm wrapped around his torso like a murderous groupie. Who also has a [Kitchen Knife], which I very much plan to use here.

"In the great words of SCOOB..."

As I close the distance open fire with my own handgun and pound the trigger, if I hit him that's awesome but mostly for suppression. (Thats right, I'm going to try and suppress a dude with a M60... with a handgun.)
((EDIT: If I must target something, go for the good-ol-fashioned center of mass. Something to slow him down a touch, add some more red to that tie))

"... YABBA ..."

Keep firing right up until just after I've found myself in his armpits and start stabbing.
But more than that; You know what this dangerous close-quarters engagement with an unknown M60 magical gunner needs? More dangerous magic.

"... DABBA..."

Once I'm close enough to count his nosehairs: a9 66 otrm

"... DIE."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:56:05 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69