Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Not so popular youtuber that deserve attention.  (Read 7540 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Not so popular youtuber that deserve attention.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 03:32:43 pm »

I mean, Pewdiepie when he actually plays games. Say what you will about his other stuff, but people forget he is both a vlogger and now a podcaster. I enjoy most of his videos either way. Especially when he gets off the indie game kick.

This. I used to watch him on my way to work years ago and the dude kept being honest and weird. He never changed, and his new  "shows" - Weird stuff online, 5 games with Pewds, etc - are REALLY funny. Through him I got to watch Cinnamontoastken who's a pretty chill guy. Cryotic too, but his videos tend to be longer than my attention span.

I haven't been looking for more good youtubers to put on my list (because I spend too much time on youtube already), but my current top entertaining ones are on a collection that I watch everyday.
These are:
Robbaz - Swedish dude that's too insane. I lose my **** on ALL of his videos - guaranteed.
Mr Sark - Sark posts way less than other Youtubers, but I think it's impossible not to like him. I wish I could come up with crazy things to say as fast as he can.
Seananners - I used to find his videos way better, but I still watch every video he posts and, since they are short, it's always fun.
Pewdiepie - This year he changed things a bit, and the only thing that annoyed me is that he started yelling in EVERY VIDEO (it used to be only on horror). But I guess he's done doing that now.
Mega64 - Most videos are great and their weekly podcast always end up being worth watching for the humor.
Spazie - I stopped playing League of Legends and only play maybe 3 matches per year for fun with friends. But I watch every video Spazie posts since he (almost) always play with his clan on his team, and that's a pretty fun concept - focusing on all the group craziness and jokes than on the dude himself. He mostly streams (every day I think) but edits his stuff in a format good for youtube too.

All links refer to a video that's either my favorite, or one I really liked.

I'm a bit boring when choosing channels to watch, I generally might subscribe to someone, but I only put it in my "Primary", "Secondary" or "Tertiary" collections depending on how I much identify with someone. And my moods generally change - sometimes I start preferring to watch older/calmer youtubers, and sometimes younger/sillier ones. That's why my ranking system works..until next month, when Youtube is taking collections down just to piss me off.
And I'm pretty sure I've only mentioned famous people, but that's my "Primary" collection on Youtube  ::)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:35:54 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 07:00:56 am »

I'd mention a certain lobster, but I'm not sure whether his work can really be called SFW. There's no nudity or anyth....there's no nudity, but yeah.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 05:50:54 pm »

So a friendo of mine started a youtube channel with some of his pals and despite taking the thing rather seriously they seem to have a paltry ammount of watchers after a full month.
So what do they need? Advertisement of course!

Long story short:
They are pretty cool guys and deserve some consideration if you want to mindlessly spend some time watching youtubers play games and can't decide between markplier and pewdiepie.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDr7KbItQS3xdJ2aJpETppg
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:01:24 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 01:35:56 pm »

Mr Sark - Sark posts way less than other Youtubers, but I think it's impossible not to like him. I wish I could come up with crazy things to say as fast as he can.
Quite possibly my favourite Sark moment.

EDIT: Derp, thing didn't copy the URL and took an older one.

Exactly! haha That's why I linked that video.
It's hard to decide between that moment, or this one.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 02:54:00 pm »

Everyone here has been linking gaming channels. Probably because we're on a games forum..but anyway, the original post(or name of it) doesn't hint at that. So here we go:

I love Olan Rogers. The majority of his videos are facetime, where he tells stories in such a way you'll laugh by the end of it. Either because of what he's saying, or because of his laughter, it's pretty addictive. While he's doing mostly comedy related stuff, he also has some self-made indie series, which are bloody great. All of his videos are worth watching. Also, his way with words is fantastical. Some samples

Another comedy centered one is Brewstew films, where a guy is retelling his childhood experiences. His way of embellishing things, which for some reason go fantastically well with the cartoon style, brings me much laughter(videos are usually ~3min)

To finish it off, GrimithR. For the most part he's playing either obscure games, or old, great games from multiple platforms. He pretty much knows his games in and out, and is a good entertainer. Haven't noticed many moments of silence. He's also putting up videos of him and a bunch of friends playing tabletop games. Great story teller.
Pages: 1 [2]