Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Imperial Inquisition [WH40K SG]  (Read 10687 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Inquisition [WH40K SG]
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2015, 09:18:00 pm »

@Khaiel:  You weren't very specific as to what happened to Vulturem Secundus. You even referred to it as a Forge World in the past tense back on page 4, which would suggest that the Orks have completely taken it over and the Imperium has only a token presence there now, if at all. Are the Adeptus Mechanicus still alive and well on that world and fighting back against the Orks? Or have the Orks taken over? Please explain.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2015, 02:46:33 am »

"As for the Hirundo system, its three habitable planets and a lot of their moons are populated by greenskins led by a single warlord. It won't be long before they start trying to get to a different system.
Is the system entirely taken over? If so, why hasn't Exterminatus been called on the planet and moons yet?

Maybe it would be possible for the assassins to start Death Cults on the rebellious planets? This action could potentially solve the problem for us, though considering we're the Ordo Xenos and not the Ordo Hereticus we're not really under any obligation to deal with them.

Finding out what happened to the Bronze Specters should be one of our top priorities, I feel. A space marine chapter doesn't just go dark for no reason and no ork or rebel elements would be capable of attacking one and succeeding. My guess is either Chaos destroyed them or even worse or worse still, they've been turned to Chaos.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2015, 03:48:47 am »

@Khaiel:  You weren't very specific as to what happened to Vulturem Secundus. You even referred to it as a Forge World in the past tense back on page 4, which would suggest that the Orks have completely taken it over and the Imperium has only a token presence there now, if at all. Are the Adeptus Mechanicus still alive and well on that world and fighting back against the Orks? Or have the Orks taken over? Please explain.

Sorry, I was sleepy at the time, so the post wasn't exactly one of my best ones.

"As for the Hirundo system, its three habitable planets and a lot of their moons are populated by greenskins led by a single warlord. It won't be long before they start trying to get to a different system.
Is the system entirely taken over? If so, why hasn't Exterminatus been called on the planet and moons yet?

Only a handful of people have the authority to call for an Exterminatus. Sub Sector Governors are not one of them, and Generals and Admirals usually aren't either, although they can be.

From what you have been able to see looking at the data-slates, the key manufactorums in Vulturem Secundus are still under the Techpriest's control. The orks hold some minor facilities and areas full of scrap metal. Of course, everyone knows what orks can do with scrap metal... Strangely enough, the biggest concentration of Mechanichum forces is located in a recently built and unnamed manufactorum.

After leaving the governor's office, you talk with Sergeant Alystaire. Or rather, you were about to talk to him, as before you start speaking, he answers your unspoken question.

I know nothing of the Bronze Specters Chapter, Lord Llane, as I have not had the honour of fighting alongside them. However, Brother  Cicuma seems to know more.

Brother Cicuma is the Librarian of the squad, a Black Shield Deathwatch Librarian, his home Chapter unknown, he will spend what is left of his life fighting for the Deathwatch. He speaks without waiting for your question. Well, at least the Astartes make things quick and efficent.

The Bronze Specters are noble Battle Brothers. Descended from the gene-seed of the Primarch Ferrus Manus, they too share the Iron Hands' ties to the Adeptus Mechanichum. They are, however, more benevolent than their Founding Chapter. They have had problems with the Holy Ordos more than once, since their Scout and Reserve Companies contain more Battle Brothers than what the Codex Astartes suggests, and their armories are full of vehicles and tanks. But they are stalwart defenders of the Imperium of Man. It is strange that they are not answering to a call for aid.

It seems you have all the information you can get here now. It's time to move. The only question is where.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Waiting before sending you somewhere since you have new information and you might want to change plans.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2015, 04:02:41 am »

Call Exterminatus on the uninhabited (by humans) moons and currently held by orks in the Hirundo. Send the assassins to rebel worlds and have them lead Death Cults against the traitor rebels (as well as report on whether they still worship the Emperor or not). Go to the Bronze Specter HQ and find out what's going on there.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2015, 07:20:33 am »

Watching.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2015, 07:26:49 am »

Instead of Exterminatus-ing the orks right away, let us divert them into the rebel scum. Let xeno and heretic die at each other's hands.

Question is, how do we goad them into the rebel planets?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2015, 07:29:35 am »

Instead of Exterminatus-ing the orks right away, let us divert them into the rebel scum. Let xeno and heretic die at each other's hands.

-1. Do we really need more feral infestations?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2015, 07:33:46 am »

-1. Do we really need more feral infestations?

This sector has been riddled with orks for centuries. They've released enough spores to plague the sector indefinately. We should divert them to only one world. Threaten the remaining rebel planets to step down and receive judgement, or we will unleash the green tide upon them.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2015, 08:11:37 am »

If it wasn't because the repopulation efforts would take decades and we need those Hives' production, we would simply wait for them to starve

Some of you seem to be forgetting that one. Just in case you have overlooked it.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2015, 08:13:22 am »

Oh, well, then nevermind. While the exterminatus fleet gets here we should go do what we suggested earlier.
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2015, 10:59:11 am »

Oh, well, then nevermind. While the exterminatus fleet gets here we should go do what we suggested earlier.

Which is what exactly?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2015, 12:41:01 pm »

If we're fighting Orks and are going to direct the IG's training to that effect, we're gonna need plenty of heavy troops. Let's go see the General in charge (or have Gunthar set up a meeting, rather) and figure out what's being done on the recruiting and training front, and see if we can direct things towards producing dedicated anti-armor and anti-infantry troops with plenty of Vanquisher and Leman Russ tanks (respectively) in support. Basilisks, Manticores, Baneblades... we need as much heavy firepower as we can get if we're gonna mount a serious challenge, here. Let's not take any regiments for ourselves just yet. Personally, I'm a little worried that the loss of that Forge World and those 3 Hive Worlds is going to hamper our ability to equip and train troops, so we need to figure this out now.

Next, we need to go talk to the Imperial Navy admiral in charge, and figure out the total readiness of the available fleet and how much we could take to transport our troops and bomb our enemies from orbit. Or fight them in space. Do the Orks have a fleet? I'm really curious as to why the Bronze Specters haven't simply nuked their positions from their Strike Cruiser(s) by now. Maybe Karzagan will know something about the Orks' fleet strength, if any.

Addendum:  It'd also be a good idea to use our psychic abilities on these two to figure out what they think about dealing with the Ork threat. How they might go about doing it is likely to be in their surface thoughts when we bring it up. Or we could just ask. I want to know the tactical/strategic preferences of the commanders we're going to be dealing with.

And for the love of god, no exterminatus yet. We haven't even talked to the navy commander. If we can solve this problem with a few well-placed orbital bombardments, what's the point of calling in the weapons of last resort? These Orks haven't been entrenched on either the Forge World or the Hirundo system for centuries -- they only arrived there in the last few months:
The orks got to Vulturem Secundus sometime in the last three months, and they started organizing themselves in the Hirundo System only about six months ago, although they had been in the system for a few years.
So we can feasibly take back everything without needing to burn it to the ground to kill the spores. It'll just be a matter of playing whack-a-mole with the Orks that do show up after we're done. Let's get the ball rolling and talk to the military before we commit to anything like Exterminatus.

Also, we're definitely going to ask the Adeptus Mechanicus why they won't let the IG deploy. They are stalling the recolonization and use of a strategically vital Imperial Forge World.

Addendum:  Oh. While we're at it, what's the strategic value of the Hirundo system? Anything valuable there? Or is it just a staging area for the Orks? Someone should be able to tell us about that too.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:05:36 pm by Xvareon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2015, 03:54:50 am »

+1 to Xvareon's suggestions.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2015, 12:20:44 pm »

If we're fighting Orks and are going to direct the IG's training to that effect, we're gonna need plenty of heavy troops. Let's go see the General in charge (or have Gunthar set up a meeting, rather) and figure out what's being done on the recruiting and training front, and see if we can direct things towards producing dedicated anti-armor and anti-infantry troops with plenty of Vanquisher and Leman Russ tanks (respectively) in support. Basilisks, Manticores, Baneblades... we need as much heavy firepower as we can get if we're gonna mount a serious challenge, here. Let's not take any regiments for ourselves just yet. Personally, I'm a little worried that the loss of that Forge World and those 3 Hive Worlds is going to hamper our ability to equip and train troops, so we need to figure this out now.

Next, we need to go talk to the Imperial Navy admiral in charge, and figure out the total readiness of the available fleet and how much we could take to transport our troops and bomb our enemies from orbit. Or fight them in space. Do the Orks have a fleet? I'm really curious as to why the Bronze Specters haven't simply nuked their positions from their Strike Cruiser(s) by now. Maybe Karzagan will know something about the Orks' fleet strength, if any.

Addendum:  It'd also be a good idea to use our psychic abilities on these two to figure out what they think about dealing with the Ork threat. How they might go about doing it is likely to be in their surface thoughts when we bring it up. Or we could just ask. I want to know the tactical/strategic preferences of the commanders we're going to be dealing with.

And for the love of god, no exterminatus yet. We haven't even talked to the navy commander. If we can solve this problem with a few well-placed orbital bombardments, what's the point of calling in the weapons of last resort? These Orks haven't been entrenched on either the Forge World or the Hirundo system for centuries -- they only arrived there in the last few months:
The orks got to Vulturem Secundus sometime in the last three months, and they started organizing themselves in the Hirundo System only about six months ago, although they had been in the system for a few years.
So we can feasibly take back everything without needing to burn it to the ground to kill the spores. It'll just be a matter of playing whack-a-mole with the Orks that do show up after we're done. Let's get the ball rolling and talk to the military before we commit to anything like Exterminatus.

Also, we're definitely going to ask the Adeptus Mechanicus why they won't let the IG deploy. They are stalling the recolonization and use of a strategically vital Imperial Forge World.

Addendum:  Oh. While we're at it, what's the strategic value of the Hirundo system? Anything valuable there? Or is it just a staging area for the Orks? Someone should be able to tell us about that too.

Next up meetings!

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2015, 03:19:21 am »

I have been having trouble with my laptop. Should be able to update this Friday or next Monday.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7