Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Imperial Inquisition [WH40K SG]  (Read 10693 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Inquisition [WH40K SG]
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2015, 08:47:19 pm »

We're not planning to take any regiments this turn from what I can tell. We're just discussing the future.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2015, 08:56:08 pm »

Well if were not going to fight then what?

Eldar pirates are definitely a target since..well were with ordo xenos and we want technology.

Orks are great pains if left alone so we should kill them.

Rebels are possibly being controlled subtlety to rebel. Oh and open up a gate for a daemon. Nothing we cant do without soldiers. Now that dosent mean become the grand commander but a little forceful reallocation of forces is useful.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »

Our priority is information and the gathering of information. We are not generals. We make use of the military to procure info, give that info back to the military to take care of the problem, and so on.

Basically, ask the governor as we suggested earlier. We can make our plans after.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2015, 09:27:30 pm »

We might want to take matters into our own hands if it involves alien tech or heretics. The former so we can claim the tech for ourselves and the latter to take care of any daemons without risking everyone finding out and needing to call an Exterminatus.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2015, 09:28:44 pm »

Everything's probably connected in some convoluted way too, if I ever learned anything from the DOW games.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2015, 07:26:42 am »

Our priority is information and the gathering of information. We are not generals. We make use of the military to procure info, give that info back to the military to take care of the problem, and so on.

Basically, ask the governor as we suggested earlier. We can make our plans after.
+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2015, 07:40:08 am »

+1

+1
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2015, 11:22:29 am »

+1

+1

+1

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2015, 04:38:34 pm »

+1

+1

+1

+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2015, 03:42:34 pm »

Do space marines and Guardsmen get along btw? It seems that space marines save guardsmen and then they just kinda stand back and twiddle their thumbs hoping the marines can do everything needed.

Or do they partake in joint missions?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2015, 04:05:27 pm »

The guardsmen are the most numerous force. It's basically like this: The imperial guard are the army, space marines are the special forces. Joint missions are not unheard of.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2015, 04:23:44 pm »

Do space marines and Guardsmen get along btw? It seems that space marines save guardsmen and then they just kinda stand back and twiddle their thumbs hoping the marines can do everything needed.

Or do they partake in joint missions?
Do they work together? Sure. There's even a chapter of Space Marines called the Mentor Legion who basically 'loan out' members of their ranks to other military forces, including the Imperial Guard, as trainers and advisers. Do they get along?... ... Not always. If you're an Imperial Guardsman, you do NOT want to have the bad luck of working with the Iron Hands chapter. Those guys have absolutely no regard for human life whatsoever, basically throwing away whole regiments just to gain a tactical advantage. Of course, there's 'good guy' Space Marines that the IG get along with just fine, like the Salamanders, who literally make it their chapter doctrine to save as many lives (especially civilian lives) as they can. Salamanders even continue to interact with their families and associates even after they become Space Marines, which is pretty rare among Astartes.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2015, 04:13:48 am »

"Pleased to meet you, governor. Yes, my journey was quite uneventful thankfully, but now is the time for action if you don't mind. If we could speak somewhere."

The governor nods, and he tells you to follow him. After a few minutes, you get to a small, tidy office. The decoration is meager, with just a desk, two chairs and a banner from the imperial guard so damaged in battle than very few letters are still legible. Not that there's a lot of room in the office for more. Once you get, the governor sits down and offers you the second chair. Sitting, you start your questioning.

"Firstly, I'd like a rundown on the orks. Which clan is it? Who's the Warlord? Which world in particular is being attacked right now? Aside from that, I'd like a map of the sub-sector, map of key-locations on their worlds, etc. Also, how bad is the rebel situation? Numbers? Leaders? I also want a list of all major attacks they have made on the sub-sector."

The governor, taking out a few papers and a data-slate, starts showing you a few maps and graphics.

"The orks are a mix of several different clans. There's about half a dozen tribes in different planets of the sub sector, and they are attacking nearby planets. The good things is that it is not one of their crusades yet. The bad thing is that if these tribes ever find each other, it might become one of them. Of all these tribes, the ones in Vulturem Secundus and the Hirundo system are the most dangerous I believe. Vulturem Secundus was a Forge World with lots of natural resources. It had been colonized by the Adeptus Mechanichus only about a millenium ago, but it produced a lot of weapons and ammo. The ork warlord there is using salvaged technology and he might be able to leave the planet relatively soon. The techpriests haven't allowed the deployment of troops in their world, so the Imperial Guard can't get there. As for the Hirundo system, its three habitable planets and a lot of their moons are populated by greenskins led by a single warlord. It won't be long before they start trying to get to a different system.

As for the rebels, there are three Hive Worlds that have rebelled. In one of them, their own governor rebelled against the Empire. They had been producing ammo and raw materials for the war, and after a lot of them were sent to fight, they stopped caring and decided to declare themselves independent. The Imperial Guard is preparing to deploy on those worlds, but for now it is only the Adeptus Arbites trying to stop them. The worlds in question are Galvan Primaris, Ignis Tertius and Servus III.

We have also been trying to contact the Bronze Specters, a Space Marine Chapter from this sub sector, but we haven't received any answer so far.

That is all I know, I'm afraid. If you wish, you and your retinue can stay in my palace here while you decide what to do. If you want to take troops for yourself, I can arrange a meeting with the Imperial General, Lord Castellus."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

I took red for your words in order to distinguish it. If you want to suggest a different color, feel free to do it. Also, I didn't draw a map because with the way space travel works in 40k, physical position of planets isn't that important. All five planets the governor mentioned are roughly four days of Warp travel from Corvus Primaris.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2015, 05:04:18 am »

Alright, planning time guys. I think the most vital planet right now is the Forge World. Seriously, orks can wreck everyone when they get access to the bombs and heavy gear. We need to talk to those tech-priests and see why they don't want the IG there.

They probably have some sort of hidden project they're doing.
Dying of laughter?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2015, 06:23:34 am »

Alright, planning time guys. I think the most vital planet right now is the Forge World. Seriously, orks can wreck everyone when they get access to the bombs and heavy gear. We need to talk to those tech-priests and see why they don't want the IG there.

They probably have some sort of hidden project they're doing.
+1. We don't want to risk orks getting too much good gear.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7