Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-A Quiet Evening)  (Read 18634 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-Green Hell)
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2015, 12:05:00 am »

((Just pretend Brenna found out and set fire to the ship. :v

Is it really such a good idea to send the three dudes with bad survival skill to go searching? Honestly, you'd probably be better off convincing Ker to go it alone or something, though that's also risky. Tie a rope around his waist or something... Wait, the vines will just cut it or draw him to doom. Anyway, even if you use the seawater flasks to stop the island's hallucinogenic effects the plants still actively block your path.))
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2015, 01:09:07 pm »

((Three players will have a hard time catching up with one player because they will always need to check for confirmation with each other and between different posting times and roleplaying that takes a long time.  I propose that just to move things along we just drop out of character and lay out a strategy so we can move this along.))

((I can't auto someones character unless they give me permission to do so. Sorry. In any case, depending on his check, things will become pretty apparent soon enough...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2015, 01:26:19 pm »

((Man, if that fire ends up not being the one Ker's trying to light I'm gonna be surprised. Though it could be another survivor on the island trying to signal or something. There's no way the forest is doing it, it isn't that smart, quick reacting, or willing to set itself on fire.))
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2015, 01:29:34 pm »

((Man, if that fire ends up not being the one Ker's trying to light I'm gonna be surprised. Though it could be another survivor on the island trying to signal or something. There's no way the forest is doing it, it isn't that smart, quick reacting, or willing to set itself on fire.))

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2015, 01:45:38 pm »

((There's a tree spewing flames, but nothing is actually on fire, ergo no smoke. >_>))
The circle is complete.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2015, 02:03:40 pm »

((You dont see the smoke at a distance beyond a few feet, you see the sulfates suspended in the hot air convection of the flame.))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2015, 02:05:18 pm »

((Usually magical fire is depicted as causing no smoke unless it hits something mundane, and that's obviously magical.))
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2015, 12:04:02 pm »

Ispil has a direction now. He sets off into the jungle at run, leaving the mysterious ruins and the their treasures behind him...

Survival Check vs DC 15
19+4=23
Pass!

Having cleared his head of fumes, Ispil makes much better time getting back-he knows the Jungle's tricks, now. It really does slowly shift around him-having a clear mind, he can see if offer 'safe' paths that lead to greater danger-the vines are able to shift and move on their own accord. It even tries to hide his tracks and trails, all the while infusing him with those spores...

Still, he finds a trail he wasn't exactly looking for a short while later-a small grassy hill with many bootprints, not yet cleared entirely away. A quick count confirms at least four people, one of them a halfling...he begin to follow this trail, with a feeling of unease. Mostly because the jungle seems to be waking up behind him...he is in fact, quite sure it will soon be sending it's strength against the ship. He must hurry!

The young monk emerges from the Green Hell back onto the beach, with a sense of profound relief. While he has done no better than flee a greater danger, he has learned some lessons, and perhaps found the first set of keys to unraveling a greater mystery.

+50 XP

He sees the a group of people on the beach, perhaps waiting for him-they seem like they were preparing to reenter the jungle to find him. Leo spots Ispil, and smiles warmly.

"...Well, I owe someone a few gold pieces. At least we didn't have to go in the damn jungle again...are you all right, kid?" Leo says, waving and making his way toward you.

((OOC: I've started to update the inventory/weight limits on your sheets, but I won't apply penalties yet, since most of you have not messed around with that yet.))

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:47:01 pm by Dwarmin »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2015, 02:19:49 pm »

Earl breaths a massive sigh of relief, partly because Ispil is safe, partly because he doesn't have to go into the jungle.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2015, 05:25:13 pm »

"A few scratches but not much worse for wear. I've learned a few things about this place, so it was worth the danger I put myself in... However, we need to leave as soon as possible. The jungle is waking up, I could sense it behind me as I made my way back to here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was amassing a larger force to attack the ship, so stay wary."

He breaks into a smile..

"Oh, and my thanks to whoever lit the fire. I probably wouldn't have been able to make it back without the guide. A few gold, though, Leo? You weren't betting me on biting the dust, were you?"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:27:35 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »

"Hey, I have full faith in your abilities, but I never bet against the odds." Leo says with a wry grin. "Never claimed to be much of a gambler, though!"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2015, 05:49:07 pm »

"Stupid plants... This place is terrible, even for someone like me. Still, I got lucky. I know what this thing is, or at least, partially. Here's a small tale that might suit your curiosities

He explains what had occurred, and what the spirit from the bell had told him.

"It seems this island was once inhabited by strange spider-ant like people as well as regular humans. They became embroiled in a war, and the Spiderlings released a weapon they couldn't control, the "Green Hell" they called it. It's what's behind the strange hallucinogenic effects and moving forest. I'd hoped to try and cleanse this place, but there's no way I'd be able to do it with how I am at the moment. I'll need to get someone to draw a map with this island's location, so I can return in the future."

Ah, that was right, there was also...

"By the way, can anyone here recognize this writing?"

He pulls the scroll from his backpack, showing it to Leo and the others.
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2015, 05:56:28 pm »

"Hmm, couldn't say what those words mean..." Leo says, with a shake of his shaggy head.

"As for your story, I suppose it's plausible. How do you know the spirit was telling the truth, though? It might have a reason to lie...whatever 'it' is..."

((OOC: Btw, I'm pretty safe in saying no one else in the group understands the words either.))

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2015, 06:04:06 pm »

((I wasn't expecting them to be able to. :v))

"Guess I'll have to find a wizard or someone similar to interpret them for me..."

Ispil shrugs.

"And what it said matched up with everything I'd observed myself. The plants devouring all life, the seawater that defies their taint, the friezes on the walls of the temple. I'll choose to believe what it said until I see reason not to."
The circle is complete.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2015, 06:09:31 pm »

"Well, now that you're okay, let's head back to the ship."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20