Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-A Quiet Evening)  (Read 18632 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-Green Hell)
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2015, 06:12:01 pm »

"Probably a good idea. Fighting on a beach would be annoying, and the higher ground will be advantageous."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2015, 08:31:38 pm »

"It's also in the water, last time I checked."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2015, 09:46:31 pm »

"Presumably things won't be so simple as for seawater to be a catch-all barrier against the Green Hell."
The circle is complete.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2015, 10:10:43 pm »

Earl scratches the back of his neck, saying "It's better than nothing."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2015, 10:42:57 pm »

Ispil remembered what he'd thought earlier.

"Well, keep your eyes peeled if you're staying above deck regardless, who knows what else is out there. I need to go talk to the captain, maybe even enlist some aid in case we really do get attacked..."

The Green Hell hated fire. He happened to know this ship carried a rather bored fire elemental.
The real question would be whether the captain would willingly allow her ship's 'power source' to help fight.
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2015, 12:57:35 pm »

Those on the beach decide in time a retreat to the ship is the obvious choice...

Ispil goes to speak with the Captain.

"...giant plants, you say? Living flowers? And, they don't like saltwater?" She asks dubiously "I've seen stranger, but they don't seem like they'll be much a threat to us here-being we're on a ship, and they're not."

The rest mill around the deck restlessly, deciding their next moves.

=Important NPC's present on deck=
1. Captain's Son
Seems to be toying a spyglass on deck, gazing upon the jungle not-so-distant.

2. The well dressed Pirate
Ordering a few men about, gathering barrels of saltwater to place on deck.

3. The Fat Priest
A fat Cleric is on deck, performing some sort of divine ritual.

4. Leo
Lazing on deck, playing with his pet Dragon by tossing meat bits in the air for him to snatch.

5. The She-Wolf
A female were-warrior with a giant axe prowls relentlessly up and down the deck, as if expecting a sudden attack.

6. The One in Yellow
A young, dour looked man in a cloak of yellow with and green stars, seems to be practicing magic incantations. He looks nervous.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:20:16 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2015, 05:29:16 pm »

Ispil shrugs.

"Perhaps it is as you say and we will be barely threatened, perhaps the forest will send us a greeter the size of the ship itself and we will all die. The small rose Blights I encountered probably won't be too much of a threat, but we don't know what else the jungle contains. It wiped out two entire civilizations, don't forget that."

Ispil considers talking to Leo or the captain's son, but instead decides to visit Brenna.
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2015, 05:38:27 pm »

Brenna coalesces into her humanoid form much quicker in response to Ispils presence this time, though she's not nearly as bright and hot as the night before.

"....Tssssssh! My favorite Fleshling returns! Did he bring me a gift?" She says, clapping in her hands in a small cloud of sparks.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2015, 05:49:57 pm »

"Well, I just realized I forgot to tell you my name in return, for one. It's Ispil, by the way."

He mentally checks off what he has in his backpack.

Er, I don't think I have a gift, unless there's something in this pack you'd like. What kind of gift would interest a fire elemental, anyway? Something burnable, I'd presume. Sadly there aren't very many gift shops in evil sapient forests so the only new things I have are a bell, a cup, and a parchment that I've yet to have translated. I can tell you a story, though..." he continues, quickly telling her about what he'd seen and done.

"Fire sure is excellent, huh? Though I probably won't be saying that in the future if I fight any wizards."
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2015, 06:01:06 pm »

"An appropriate gift could be something valuable to burn...or something valuable that I could not burn. Both would be equally amusing." She comments.

"...your story is an interesting one. Would that the Fire Realm could be allowed to purge this infestation for you! Alas, it would not stop there..." She says.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2015, 06:06:33 pm »

"Valuable in what way? in terms of gold and the currencies of this land, or valuable to me, personally?" he wonders

"I feel like letting the fire realm purge this place would just be trading one problem for another, forest for flame... Could it cross the sea? Thankfully the Green Hell seems contained here by the water, though I intend on returning in the future and ending it personally... Assuming I survive whatever else befalls me, of course."
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2015, 06:30:34 pm »

"In time, the fires of my world would consume even your seas." Brenna states, shaking her head. You're not sure if she's actually not looking forward to something like that, though.

"...as for value, your second guess it closer to the truth. Elementals like myself deal in the currency of pure energy-even emotional energy. We enjoy burning what you find valuable, precisely because you value and place significance on it. It is no doubt confusing to a mortal." She says, chuckling.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2015, 06:45:01 pm »

Ispil grins slightly.

"Sounds dangerous. Remind me not to use your realm's purging fire for aid, if I am ever so inclined.

Then the grin moves into a thoughtful frown.

"Then I'm afraid we're quite out of luck. I may place importance on some things, but is there anything I find truly valuable? It confuses me not because I cannot understand the meaning, it confuses me because I cannot understand what is 'valued.'

His hand brushes against the cage on his hip.
Huh? Maybe that...

"Tell me, do you think this is something your flames could consume?"

He detaches the cage and holds it up for Brenna to see. The cage was made of some strange metal, but Ispil had no idea what type it was. It could be anything from pig iron to something only found in the Old World's deepest and darkest caves. It was pitch black, and within those bars he'd swear the air was slightly darker than outside. Who knows what secrets the masters of his Monastery had imbued or imparted it with? He certainly didn't.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:46:42 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2015, 06:50:58 pm »

"I could certainly try! Is this truly something you wish destroyed, though? I am sentient enough to realize what is consumed, loses it's original purpose." She asks, cocking her head to one side.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2015, 07:01:54 pm »

He smiles.

"I'm not so sure you'll be able to manage that... Go ahead."

And even if she did, he'd be glad either way. The value he placed on that cage was not something he wanted to carry with him, even if, by all rights, he should.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20