Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full), Turn 3  (Read 7631 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full)
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 06:20:27 pm »

"Given a few years, they will be sentient, and able to negotiate. And give me power, for that matter. For that matter, I'm a little spent right now also. My Wolves will however be sentient, as I have said, and then it won't matter... I hope."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 06:25:19 pm »

"Oh, really? Interesting. More for my Afterplane, then..."
Black lives matter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 06:26:54 pm »

"You could just wait, or just give the ... cow men... some technology to enable them to resist to a degree."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 06:42:04 pm »

"We'll see... and they were supposed to more resemble minotaurs. I'm not the best at creating original life exactly as I want it."
Black lives matter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 07:28:28 pm »

"Anyway... what do you plan on doing after everybody has a sentient race to worship them and grant power? What is the point, the objective, really?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 09:13:20 pm »

"Anyway... what do you plan on doing after everybody has a sentient race to worship them and grant power? What is the point, the objective, really?"
((To crush the works of your enemies, to see them driven before you, to hear the lamentations of their women))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2015, 09:24:29 pm »

"My goal? To please mortals."
A beat, if you will.
"Not in the way you might think, either. At least, not exclusively. It's not always their only desire. Once, I found a being made of clockwork whose only want was forcing a poor woman to solve puzzles until she died. I believe that being is now dead."
Black lives matter.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 03:50:48 am »

Using one Act, give the cowmen the knowledge of fire so they can not die so horribly.

Using on Major act, create a sentient race of plants.

The plants are separated in a hierarchy, all given orders by a huge 'mother' plant that exists normally in the center of a hugely overgrown area. This allows for tactics to be deployed extremely quickly and helps with colony settlement. Currently, there is one 'mother' plant, who is giving Cultivators orders to seed and care for growing laborers.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 04:03:00 am »

Using one Act, give the cowmen the knowledge of fire so they can not die so horribly.

Using on Major act, create a sentient race of plants.

The plants are separated in a hierarchy, all given orders by a huge 'mother' plant that exists normally in the center of a hugely overgrown area. This allows for tactics to be deployed extremely quickly and helps with colony settlement. Currently, there is one 'mother' plant, who is giving Cultivators orders to seed and care for growing laborers.

The entire surface of the Amour is engulfed in thick, choking foliage at a blinding pace. These new Pencil-Plants outcompete the original plants present on Amour with ease, spreading like kudzu out from the gigantic Mother Tree, which itself stretches several kilometers into the sky, a wooden colossus. The barely sentient kudzu-like creep covers a area, then the Cultivator Caste moves in and grows laborers to build massive irrigation canals and temples. The Pencil-Plants worship the Great Tree that dominates the skyscape of Amour, believing it to be their progenitor.

Arts and music flourishes among the Pencil-Plants, and they have even developed primitive pictographic writing on stone tablets.

With their original food-sources being rapidly wiped out by the encroaching plants, and warrior caste plants zealously defending the overgrowth, the Koppig Degenen rapidly begin starving.

But Pencil-Art is not without mercy. Upon those poor benighted cowmen he bestowed the divine gift of fire, to fight back against the plant menace.

Massive Wildfires raged across the surface of Amour, enraged bovines fighting for their very existence against the green tide. Slowly, inch by bloody inch of scorched earth, they managed to carve out enclaves where their dwindling population is scrabbling to grow food from preserved plants from before the emerald apocalypse.

The use of the stupor-drink is at a all-time high, many Koppig desperately attempting to retreat from bleak reality, and supplies are nearly exhausted. It is feared that when they run out, morale will truly hit rock-bottom and the consequence will no doubt be dire.

Koppig Degenen population is in decline.

Turn 1 Ends

Turn 2 Begins

Developments:
* The first fully sapient, bipedal Storm Wolves have been born, and are nearing adulthood. They are significantly smaller than their quadrupedal forebears and are starting to worship their distant grandparents and great-grandparents as gods made flesh. There are also worries about the food supply running out soon, with the Koppig population being hit so hard by the Pencil-Plants.
* As a consequence of their combative nature, Earth-Men have started killing their rivals during contests of strength, using the stones from their corpses with wood from the Great Tree to craft stone pickaxes, currently the most lethal weapon among the Earthmen. The Earthmen population has started shrinking.
* Faced with a serious resource crunch, the desperate Koppig Degenen have started culling the weak and defective from the herd, sacrificing them to Sebouin in a bid to slake his vampiric thirst and so gain his aid. Cowmen now practise blood sacrifice. Bowtie's power income increases. They have completely abandoned the worship of landspirits, seeing the spirits as betrayers who have been corrupted by the Green Tide. Cowpeople no longer worship land spirits, Bowtie gains more power from worship.
* The Earth-Men's vague memories of Bill have begun to fade. Unless something is done they may soon forget him.
* The Earth-Men and Storm Wolves have each developed a primitive language.

Code: [Select]
Sentient Bowtie (2/2 Actions): 1 Major Act,  1.5 Acts (+1.5)
Unescargot      (2/2 Actions): 1 Major Act,  1 Acts
Pencil_Art      (2/2 Actions): 1 Major Act,  1 Acts
"Bill"          (2/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 0.5 Acts (+0.5)
Spoiler: Power Income Breakdown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Planes of Existence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:13:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full), Turn 2
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 06:53:28 am »

"... they are ready."

> Appear to some of the strongest of the Storm Wolves, reveal that it was I who created them, and if they serve and worship me, I can bestow upon them more powers and food.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2015, 08:00:12 am »

"Aw, Now I feel all guilty, I've got to fix this..."

> Bill spends 1 Major Act to create a Mass of Earth and Rock at the base of The Great Tree, The Earth and Rock mass is filled with Caves and Mountains, Bill names it "Bill's Sorrow", To Symbolize Bill's Depression towards his innocent creations. Within the Caves and Mountains there are Many Edible Fruit-Bearing Trees and Various Plants that can be safely consumed by The Earth-Men. The Plants grow using The Darkness around them and produce slightly more Darkness when they die or are taken out of the ground by Earth-Men, Whereas The Trees grow using The Life Force of The Great Tree and The Life Force of The Great Tree is in turn replenished by Magical Rituals that are preformed every two weeks by The Earth-Men Priests. Bill's Sorrow is Almost Completely Surrounded by Dark Clouds that never rain, Instead they darken the Base of The Great Tree so that Bill's Sorrow is Very Dark, This makes it as comfortable as being Underground for any Earth-Men that choose to remain above ground.

> Bill becomes bound to the Mortal World and appears at the center of Rock-Crumbles.

"Here's my action for this turn."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2015, 09:01:31 am »

>Normal Act: I impart knowledge of toolmaking onto the K.D., as well as a command instructing them to use the leftovers from their sacrifices, and those only, to make weapons as they are sacred and... because I said so. I also instruct the K.D. to only use these weapons for sacrifices or self-defense. Violators will be made severely unsatisfied.
Black lives matter.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2015, 09:12:40 am »

>Normal Act: I impart knowledge of toolmaking onto the K.D., as well as a command instructing them to use the leftovers from their sacrifices, and those only, to make weapons as they are sacred and... because I said so. I also instruct the K.D. to only use these weapons for sacrifices or self-defense. Violators will be made severely unsatisfied.
I'm uh, not quite sure what you're doing here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2015, 09:19:42 am »

>Tl;dr: I tell the K.D. to make weapons out of the bones left from the blood sacrifices and also tell them only to use said weapons to defend themselves.

The extra bits were kind of fluff.
Black lives matter.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2015, 09:22:31 am »

"I wish I could help you with the Koppig Degenen, But I have my own followers to worry about."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6