Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full), Turn 3  (Read 7624 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: (Hopefully) Fast God Game (4/4 Full)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 10:19:22 am »

((Earth of the Great Tree, Great Earth... I like cool names. But I'm referring to the the Plane of the Great Tree. :P))
Black lives matter.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 10:20:57 am »

((Earth of the Great Tree, Great Earth... I like cool names. But I'm referring to the the Plane of the Great Tree. :P))
The chief point I'm trying to make is that the Great Tree doesn't have any earth, dirt, ground, soil, stone, rock or anything of that nature. It's just a massive tree drifting amid the primordial chaos. With some Earth-Men chewing at its roots.

Also no herbs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 10:25:58 am »

"Well... This certainly complicates things a bit."

Scratch that! We'll wait until later for the Tauren K.D. For now, I wait and see what happens with the Earth-Men. Poor things...
Black lives matter.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 12:23:46 pm »

> endlessblaze floats in the chaos, resting in it waves, as he watches the others shape and create until its his turn to join the game he is ready to create what wonders his mind holds

((wait list me please))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 01:40:00 pm »

"Hm.... we need a prime world..."

> Unescargot uses his Mighty Act, or Major Act, whatnot to create a habitable rocky earthen planet with a variety of flora and non-sentient fauna and sends said planet into orbit around a Shard of Light. This should be a Mighty Act... correct me if I'm wrong.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 01:44:17 pm »

> Unescargot uses his Mighty Act, or Major Act, whatnot to create a habitable rocky earthen planet with a variety of flora and non-sentient fauna and sends said planet into orbit around a Shard of Light. This should be a Mighty Act... correct me if I'm wrong.

That fine. Do you want to incorporate the tree into the planet or not?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 01:54:28 pm »

((Not really. The Shard of Light could orbit the tree, while the planet... let's call it Amour... orbits the Shard.))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 02:15:18 pm »

((Not really. The Shard of Light could orbit the tree, while the planet... let's call it Amour... orbits the Shard.))
So a tree-centric orbital system? Righto. (Lol, the poor rockmen I guess.)

Turn 1 (Continued)

In contrast to his ethereal nature, Unescargot was the first to make such a grossly huge physical creation. From the surrounding chaos a drop of earth first condensed, before slowly growing into a massive ball, almost a quarter of the size of the Great Tree. But Unescargot was not idle while the planet was forming, already he had crafted a radiant crystal shard, bathing the planet in light. He set the shard into a graceful orbit around the Great Tree, while the planet ponderously orbited the shard itself.

Slowly plants began to sprout on the surface of the planet. Mundane mosses, lichen and shrubs with no noteworthy qualities. Rodents fed on the plants, with the occasional snake making meals of them. The small lakes that dotted the planet's predominantly dry surface, and the rivers that fed into them, were quickly populated by algae, and fish that fed on the algae. Small bird of preys made their nests in the mountains, and lived off a diet of fish and rodents. None of the plants possessed flowers or the like as of yet, and trees were absent, the largest plants being particularly ambitious shrubs. The ecological diversity of the planet was low, the life present both simple and uninteresting, but entire surface teemed with this simple life.

Code: [Select]
Sentient Bowtie (1/2 Actions): 1 Major Act,  2 Acts
Unescargot      (1/2 Actions): 1 Major Acts, 2 Acts
Pencil_Art      (2/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 2 Acts
"Bill"          (0/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 0 Acts (+0.5)
Spoiler: Planes of Existence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:17:56 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 02:58:51 pm »

"Aw, Now I feel all guilty, I've got to fix this..."

> Bill spends 1 Major Act to create a Mass of Earth and Rock at the base of The Great Tree, The Earth and Rock mass is filled with Caves and Mountains, Bill names it "Bill's Sorrow", To Symbolize Bill's Depression towards his innocent creations. Within the Caves and Mountains there are Many Edible Fruit-Bearing Trees and Various Plants that can be safely consumed by The Earth-Men. The Plants grow using The Darkness around them and produce slightly more Darkness when they die or are taken out of the ground by Earth-Men, Whereas The Trees grow using The Life Force of The Great Tree and The Life Force of The Great Tree is in turn replenished by Magical Rituals that are preformed every two weeks by The Earth-Men Priests. Bill's Sorrow is Almost Completely Surrounded by Dark Clouds that never rain, Instead they darken the Base of The Great Tree so that Bill's Sorrow is Very Dark, This makes it as comfortable as being Underground for any Earth-Men that choose to remain above ground.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Bill breaks 1 Major Act into 3 Normal Acts.

>Bill uses 1 Normal Act to Bless The Earth-Men with the ability to use Language.

>Bill uses 1 Normal Act to become Bound to the Mortal World and Appears in the middle of Rock-Crumbles.

>Bill guides The Earth-Men as they build a Civilization and promises to one day Open a Portal to a Far off World in a distant place, That is, Unescargot's Planet.

"I really hope the Earth-Men forgive me for my lack of Foresight."

((Also, Demonic Spoon, I'm assuming that it's possible to break up Major Acts into Normal Acts at a 3-1 Ratio, If it isn't Ignore all of the actions below the Line.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple, Fast God Game (4/4 Full)
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 03:14:23 pm »

>Ordinary Act: Forming them from extra matter left lying around for some reason, I create the Tauren Koppig Degenen, a race of human-like beings with torsos covered in thick fur and the heads of bulls. I spread them around the Great Earth, making small tribes or smaller groups. The Koppig Degenen are a peaceful group that hold nature sacred, worshiping the Great Tree and their patron god (who is, in fact, I) , whom they know as Sanguine Sebouine. They value entertainment greatly, and use their herbal skills to create potent liquids that dull the user's senses and mind. They hold long parties very often, where everyone comes together and drink lots of the liquid. The Koppig Degenen are formed fluent in their own language and are able to reproduce if need be.
((Now that there's actually stuff to live on.))
Black lives matter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 03:38:22 pm »

"Now then... is anyone else going to make a good sentient race for the new planet I made? I would rather not have to do that myself..."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 04:59:00 pm »

"Aw, Now I feel all guilty, I've got to fix this..."

> Bill spends 1 Major Act to create a Mass of Earth and Rock at the base of The Great Tree, The Earth and Rock mass is filled with Caves and Mountains, Bill names it "Bill's Sorrow", To Symbolize Bill's Depression towards his innocent creations. Within the Caves and Mountains there are Many Edible Fruit-Bearing Trees and Various Plants that can be safely consumed by The Earth-Men. The Plants grow using The Darkness around them and produce slightly more Darkness when they die or are taken out of the ground by Earth-Men, Whereas The Trees grow using The Life Force of The Great Tree and The Life Force of The Great Tree is in turn replenished by Magical Rituals that are preformed every two weeks by The Earth-Men Priests. Bill's Sorrow is Almost Completely Surrounded by Dark Clouds that never rain, Instead they darken the Base of The Great Tree so that Bill's Sorrow is Very Dark, This makes it as comfortable as being Underground for any Earth-Men that choose to remain above ground.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Bill breaks 1 Major Act into 3 Normal Acts.

>Bill uses 1 Normal Act to Bless The Earth-Men with the ability to use Language.

>Bill uses 1 Normal Act to become Bound to the Mortal World and Appears in the middle of Rock-Crumbles.

>Bill guides The Earth-Men as they build a Civilization and promises to one day Open a Portal to a Far off World in a distant place, That is, Unescargot's Planet.

"I really hope the Earth-Men forgive me for my lack of Foresight."

((Also, Demonic Spoon, I'm assuming that it's possible to break up Major Acts into Normal Acts at a 3-1 Ratio, If it isn't Ignore all of the actions below the Line.))
You're out of actions for this turn, so going to ignore that for now. And no, it is not possible to break a major act up into three normal acts, nor is it possible to fuse three normal acts into a major act, the conversion ratio is just for the purposes of combat.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:01:44 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 05:07:22 pm »

Hm... "For now, my only hope for worship is from those Earth Men... and they aren't really my type... Alright then."

> Unescargot uses one basic Act to create a species of Storm Wolves on Amour, these are large wolves with blue tinted fur that live on the limited fauna of the area. They differ from normal wolves that they breed slower, but are harder to kill and live much longer naturally. Some can fire blasts of electricity. Also, they have a natural genetic inclination that will slowly, over several hundred years, evolve them into sentient, bipedal, beings. If a current turn does not take up a reasonable portion of several hundred years, make that somewhere around 24 years instead. If necessary, use the remnants of energy from this act to create some larger flora and fauna for the Wolves to feed on.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 05:34:16 pm »

Turn 1 (Continued)

>Ordinary Act: Forming them from extra matter left lying around for some reason, I create the Tauren Koppig Degenen, a race of human-like beings with torsos covered in thick fur and the heads of bulls. I spread them around the Great Earth, making small tribes or smaller groups. The Koppig Degenen are a peaceful group that hold nature sacred, worshiping the Great Tree and their patron god (who is, in fact, I) , whom they know as Sanguine Sebouine. They value entertainment greatly, and use their herbal skills to create potent liquids that dull the user's senses and mind. They hold long parties very often, where everyone comes together and drink lots of the liquid. The Koppig Degenen are formed fluent in their own language and are able to reproduce if need be.

Small, tribal gatherings of bovine humanoids are scattered across the surface of Amour by the divine bowtie, each of them able to speak the same unified language. They are fond of making strange concoctions of litchen and algae, which send the drinker into a insensate stupor, completely unaware of his surroundings and with only minimal ability to think. They frequently hold large feasts where the participants all partake of this liquid in large quantities leaving the festivities a completely quiet and still tableau of barely aware cowmen sitting around staring at nothing, breathing softly. These gatherings are pretty vulnerable, so it is rather fortunate that except for the rare large snake, no real predators capable of bringing down a Kopping Degenen exist.

The Kopping Degenen all worship a strange red bowtie, which constantly drips blood and possesses a vampiric thirst, called the Sanguine Sebouine, in reality but an aspect of the great Bowtie in the sky. Beyond this chief god, they also revere several major Land Spirits, diluting the amount of power received directly by the Bowtie.

The Kopping Degenen currently have a moderate positive population growth population is currently stable, with a minor upwards trend.

Hm... "For now, my only hope for worship is from those Earth Men... and they aren't really my type... Alright then."

> Unescargot uses one basic Act to create a species of Storm Wolves on Amour, these are large wolves with blue tinted fur that live on the limited fauna of the area. They differ from normal wolves that they breed slower, but are harder to kill and live much longer naturally. Some can fire blasts of electricity. Also, they have a natural genetic inclination that will slowly, over several hundred years, evolve them into sentient, bipedal, beings. If a current turn does not take up a reasonable portion of several hundred years, make that somewhere around 24 years instead. If necessary, use the remnants of energy from this act to create some larger flora and fauna for the Wolves to feed on.

Unescargot points a airy hand at Amour, bolts of lightning flickering from his fingers and striking at the surface. From these titanic bolts spring forth massive wolves, the new apex predators of Amour. Long lived, they are powerful, and many can shoot forth blasts of lightning from their maws. Their chief prey are the placid Koppig Degenen, who they are particularly fond of attacking during the stupor parties the cowmen love so much, making them completely unable to resist the Storm Wolves, their diet supplemented by the consumption of fish, rodents and snakes.

A panic is spreading among the tribes of the cowpeople, and they low out to the great Sebouine to save them from this terrible menace. The canine threat only grows greater as the years pass, for by the time their pups are full grown, they are clearly more intelligent than their forebears. Soon they will be fully sapient creatures themselves.

Code: [Select]
Sentient Bowtie (0/2 Actions): 1 Major Act,  1 Acts (+0.5)
Unescargot      (0/2 Actions): 1 Major Acts, 1 Acts
Pencil_Art      (2/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 2 Acts
"Bill"          (0/2 Actions): 2 Major Acts, 0 Acts (+0.5)
Spoiler: Planes of Existence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:54:24 pm by Demonic Spoon »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 05:41:30 pm »

"Unescargot, your Storm Wolves are bothering my devotees... I'm feeling a little spent at the moment. Would you mind changing something about that for me?"
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6