Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 122

Author Topic: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)  (Read 133239 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fabulous 5E Dnd (Let the Game begin)
« Reply #405 on: May 12, 2015, 12:15:41 pm »

Look at the paladin.

"My lady, please! We were just notified that there is no easy way out of this place. Shouldn't we be seeking a way to make such a path viable to the common man?"

"I agree, but first we need to find it. I'm not so Holy that I'll do work for free, unless it's for a very good cause. I doubt the rest of you are even that charitable. If he can afford to pay us fairly, then there is no problem. If he claims lack of funds, well, I'll still probably do it personally...

But, I won't turn down an honest days gold without a discussion."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 12, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »

Looks at the mayor.

"You heard the lady. We're willing to create a viable path to the rest of the world if we have the full cooperation of the land."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 12, 2015, 12:21:47 pm »

...and if we have 2 paladins in town I can only assume more evil things will come...

"You know, that's a common misconception. Paladin's don't bring evil, they uncover it's presence. Evil is always among you, even if you would prefer not to believe it-people like me just bring it into the light and destroy it." She argues.

"Right you are. But as I said, this city is strange. Maybe some evil shall be uncovered or maybe evil shall walk in through the gate. And Monk, I would be in eternal debt to you if you can make traveling here easier."

Look at the paladin.

"My lady, please! We were just notified that there is no easy way out of this place. Shouldn't we be seeking a way to make such a path viable to the common man?"

"I agree, but first we need to find it. I'm not so Holy that I'll do work for free, unless it's for a very good cause. I doubt the rest of you are even that charitable. If he can afford to pay us fairly, then there is no problem. If he claims lack of funds, well, I'll still probably do it personally...

But, I won't turn down an honest days gold without a discussion."

He laughs "ho ho. I am grateful to hear you say that. I will take it up with the council on how the payment will be done. Maybe then we won't feel so isolated."
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 12, 2015, 12:26:29 pm »

"Well, our task is set then. Let's not tarry-I think I shall ask about the city, and see what truths and rumors I can uncover..."

Action: Calista goes to gather rumors in the city about how a path outwards might be found. She talks to some of those dwarves if she can find them, about how they got here.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 12, 2015, 12:30:03 pm »

"What? No sleep after today's adventures?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 12, 2015, 12:32:30 pm »

Calista laughs.

"Evil doesn't sleep, and neither do I!" She says, blushing slightly at the corniness. She starts for the door at a sailors stagger.

Must be the wine...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 12, 2015, 12:35:04 pm »

Calista laughs.

"Evil doesn't sleep, and neither do I!" She says, blushing slightly at the corniness. She starts for the door at a sailors stagger.

Must be the wine...
((Paladins: Always stepping over all other good characters to make them look bad))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2015, 12:40:31 pm »

Mutters under his breath.

"Suit yourself."

Looks to the Mayor.

"Anything else you wish to tell me before I retire to my rooms? Somewhere I could clean myself up I hope?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2015, 12:44:52 pm »

((Paladins: Always stepping over all other good characters to make them look bad))

((I merely honor my unswerving commitment to justice. It's unfortunate the rest of you can't live up to my own ideals.

/smug grin ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2015, 12:48:22 pm »

((I merely honor my unswerving commitment to justice. It's unfortunate the rest of you can't live up to my own ideals.

/smug grin ))

((You're talking to the warlock. I have my own ideals. They just EXTREMELY contradict you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have children to murder...))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2015, 12:50:54 pm »

Mutters under his breath.

"Suit yourself."

Looks to the Mayor.

"Anything else you wish to tell me before I retire to my rooms? Somewhere I could clean myself up I hope?"

"The maid will show and give you what you need"

So the maid leads The monk to his room, which has 2 singles, one actual bed and one from the basement.

"Well, our task is set then. Let's not tarry-I think I shall ask about the city, and see what truths and rumors I can uncover..."

Action: Calista goes to gather rumors in the city about how a path outwards might be found. She talks to some of those dwarves if she can find them, about how they got here.

((you do realize it s about 7 pm in the city right now??))
((what armor are you wearing? I said you are all in normal common cloths, so you are currently leaving with almost nohing))
you go out looking. sadly there aren't many out on the streets. you hear murmurers but don't understand them.  But then a melody hits your ears. It soft and sweet. You even start to him along. You remember reading the lyrics in a book. The song isn't in common, it is in Deep speech

Oh mom, oh mom don't go
please come with me to the surface
for their you will fly an' soar
but down here you're trap and cold.

Please oh please let me have this one last wish
let her last breath be of joy and pride
and don't like my sweet mommy die
not in here with the cold and darkness

I stare at the moon for it warms my heart
the beauty of which i have never known
of the darkness and ego of mine
does blind my eye.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2015, 12:59:34 pm »

((You're talking to the warlock. I have my own ideals. They just EXTREMELY contradict you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have children to murder...))

((Evil dumb alignment, then? :P

Also, don't be so sure. Calista is LN. Unless you're CE, I doubt she will have a problem with you-just follow the law, punk. Of course, given how this campaign is going, letting in a CE player in your game would be the least of the Gm's mistakes, though it's always a terrible idea.))

----

Calista shakes her head, deciding she might as well...find who was singing. She had learned Deep Speech in her youth-her village, high in the mountains, had little contact with the surface world-but, they did do business with those who dwelt under it, ironically. Her formative years were spent as a tunnel scout-Shifters darkvision giving them an advantage in moving and fighting in such places. She had picked up her deep speech tongue from a few of her Deep Dwarven friends...

Action: See who is singing, btw

((what armor are you wearing? I said you are all in normal common cloths, so you are currently leaving with almost nohing))

((I don't go to bed till 10 pm. :P Also, Calista rarely removes her armor-she's a soldier, more comfortable in steel than silk.))

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 12, 2015, 01:10:57 pm »

((Evil dumb alignment, then? :P

Also, don't be so sure. Calista is LN. Unless you're CE, I doubt she will have a problem with you-just follow the law, punk. Of course, given how this campaign is going, letting in a CE player in your game would be the least of the Gm's mistakes, though it's always a terrible idea.))

----

Calista shakes her head, deciding she might as well...find who was singing. She had learned Deep Speech in her youth-her village, high in the mountains, had little contact with the surface world-but, they did do business with those who dwelt under it, ironically. Her formative years were spent as a tunnel scout-Shifters darkvision giving them an advantage in moving and fighting in such places. She had picked up her deep speech tongue from a few of her Deep Dwarven friends...

Action: See who is singing, btw

((I don't go to bed till 10 pm. :P Also, Calista rarely removes her armor-she's a soldier, more comfortable in steel than silk.))

((so you are still fully equip?))
you end up back at the square and you see a Drow woman in a nice...... sundress? She has some orbs of light dancing[arcane check] around her. She is still singing but has changed to a new turn. Oddly you can't understand this one [intelligence check].

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2015, 01:14:01 pm »

Action: Do it!

Arcana Check +3
Intelligence Check +1

((Yup I'm still full...equip))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2015, 01:14:53 pm »

((Neutral Evil with a Hitman background. If I'm told to murder something, I will.

Like the kid the note told me to POSSIBLY kill))

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 122