Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]  (Read 15780 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2015, 09:19:22 pm »

"I do not understand. How did this happen? Everything was stable."

"Mayhaps it would be a good idea to research escaping the current Kapla with as many followers as possible before it breaks down?"

Give the Saint an Act.

"I would agree. Again, note my Warrens are designed to survive the end of a Kalpa. I knew that would come in handy. We could order a large portion of our followers into the Warrens, then seal the entrance, bolster its resilience, and hope for the best. That seems like overkill at the moment, however."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2015, 11:27:15 pm »

The infernals and their followers seek to take the warrens of memories for themselves.  You intended them to be filled with traps and dangers, I will protect your alchemists by restoring it's original functions.  The lower levels will be safe, the outer halls will be dangerous for those who do not know the path.

Vodoth looks up from his burrow in the holy city and smiles, a large toothy grin.  Show me something interesting Saint.

Add one act to whatever Meoboroje is doing.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2015, 11:31:57 pm »

(Just realized: since Raalmana is like the Kivav (which is kind of like plants), absorbing heat and using it to grow arcanite (as part of his very metabolism), could the infernals deny him arcanite even if he did have faith?)

Raalmana had known no faith, and no loyalty other than to the pursuit of absolute truth. While the other mages of the world faltered, Raalmana remained powerful, though this development was perplexing. Perhaps his initial conclusions that the Kivav could not support life were incorrect? Was it more to do with the heat? Yes, it seemed so. The heat came from the sun, and grew plantlife. It also grew the arcanite, originally from Raalmana, but also from seeds planted by the Father later. It grew from him, and the Kivav, like life from soil, from energy originating in the sun. At what point did this energy become alive, able to form intent?
Lesser act: It was time to get an answer to the first thing he had ever mused upon. Raalmana studies the flow of heat, the mechanisms by which it becomes life, by which if becomes magic. The runes are only indirect, it seems, and the infernals have evidenced that direct manipulation of energy is possible. What differentiates the formation of the plants, the minds, the arcanite, and the infernals from this same source of heat?

Raalmana communes with the Minds, seeking to enlist their help in his studies with their far-reaching (figurative) eyes. How fare the Imbued Minds, and the Shaded Minds, being composed of arcanite?

Raalmana seeks to establish contact with the Infernals, as a neutral party. Dialogue is one path to gaining insight, after all.

To Vodoth:
You fear that which you do not understand. Your kind have created this world and its inhabitants, but even to you, the gift of absolute knowledge and understanding is not given. Like any other parents, you can only guide your children as best you can, but ultimately you cannot control them, or forsee all ends. The path you suggest, of study and seeking understanding, is wise, though. You may be assured that I have already embarked upon it. But realize that these newcomers may not be what they seem, and may have implications you have not considered.

Speak to Raalmana: "Greetings. I am Vayros, god of knowledge. I give you this knowledge: since my Alchemy does not rely on Arcanite for power, you can still use that to your advantage."

((Disregard that if I'm incorrect.))
((But it does rely on faith))
Your Alchemy is hidden beyond other barriers. I would have overcome these in time, I think, but your permission would render this unnecessary.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:11:04 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2015, 02:31:37 pm »

Vodoth twisted around the staff of arcanite sitting in his lair.  Once a great tool of the magi of gold it had been presented as tribute by a fleeing caretaker seeking protection.  It was stunning still even if it's powers were denied to the believers; a twisting spire, thin point at the bottom like a spear and widening at the top, made of pure white crystal with rune carved inset colored arcanite of every known variety.

Such a simple thing, why had he not seen it, absorb heat, grow, move, produce waste.  The arcanite and metals were truly alive.  And intelligent.  Nothing prevented their growth, save the greedy.  Perhaps they needed a predator to regulate the population.

But maybe I do fear them, Raalmana.  How can I recognize myself in life if I dismiss it as evil.  A hand offered in cooperation first, an alternative that you could offer them to the conflict that must come if they continue on the current path.

Vodoth reached out to the minds of the infernals inside the arcanite, linked to the metals deep below.  He called to those who were weak but wanted more, those who sought life under the sun and the emotions, experiences and feelings which could shape arcanite itself.

A few came, perhaps responding in earnest to his proposals, or maybe seeking to steal the powers he offered.  It did not matter in the end as from his coiled body shapes emerged, a dozen small but ravenous beasts commonly seen in the wilderness, claw hoppers, big fangs, a pair of vine snakes and a few more.  Regretting their actons the infernal hosts tried to flee but found a great claw resting on the top of the staff they had entered, preventing them from escaping.

Now become one.

The creatures tore the staff apart into small chunks of arcanite, each containing a separate infernal mind and consumed it.  The bodies, fresh from divine formation, were different then normal, the infusion process pulling part of the infernals into the beasts, making them something new.  Half cut off, half connected, they could access the power, but could not escape, and the beast minds were intelligent now, but could not use the runes as they once did.

Now you are of the surface world truly, you can never go back below.  To have the powers you once did you must link with mortals who are faithful to the gods.  You can now reproduce by doing the same to other arcanite as I just did to you, have your offspring consume possessed arcanite or kivav.  Or consume the infernals as they manifest, and your own powers may grow as well. 

[act]Create the Familiars, 12 special beasts who are infused with possessed arcanite.  They are larger then normal beasts and long lived, even when killed the arcanite shard can be consumed again to bring the Familiar back to life.  They can access magic power, filtered through their special bodies, and give them to the faithful (of any god) to use.  The creatures are cut off from the communion with the other infernal souls.  They have limited telepathy to communicate when their bodies will not allow them to.

New familiars can be created by having their offspring eat possessed arcanite or kivav metal, and existing familiars can grow their arcanite and power by eating manifested demons.

Introduce the Familiars to the faithful of Alfar as a means to restore magic powers once lost.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2015, 03:41:54 pm »

"There! I have my power. Thank you all for that. Now, no more wasting time! I shall be off!"

And so Meoboroje descended to Arena once again. But what he did this time was even more involved than his usual acts: Meoboroje created a body for himself on this world, albeit one totally different from the one Vodoth had used: Instead of becoming one of a mortal species, and growing up, Meoboroje simply created a form that matched his old ascendant body, from the days before his godhood, fully developed and clutching his Aegis and longsword.
Use an act to gain an avatar basically identical to Meoboroje's mortal form. Naturally, still carry the Aegis and longsword that have been held this entire time.

His first order of business was to turn to the Automaton Commander he'd made sure to descend near and speak.
"Automaton! I have a task I wish for you to carry out with me; it requires more intervention than usual, but it is necessary to the peace and safety of all of the faithful mortals. I require your aid in a serious matter. The Infernals have made a great impact upon the mortals, and they drive the faithful to despair. This is a problem, and for the sake of the faithful the Infernals must be stamped out. For this Great Crusade I plan, though, I require Automaton help and troops. I need you to initiate the crusade against the Automatons."
(Automaton Commander Minor Act: Have the Automatons of the world start the Great Crusade against the Infernals, seeking out and destroying armies of infernals or particularly powerful infernals in hopes of wiping their presence from Arena.)

Then he spent some of the magic that had been gifted to him, projecting his image and his message to all of the faithful.
Spend an act, and transmit the following message to every single faithful person on Arena, declaring the Great Crusade:
"All ye faithful! I am Saint Meoboroje of the Aegis, and I say: it is not the fate of the faithful to fall into ignominy, it is not the fate of the faithful to be defeated by demons. No, it is the destiny of the faithful to throw them from this world, to reclaim rightful strength! Yet, to gain this destiny, you must join me on the fields of battle! I am declaring a Great Crusade against the Infernal demons, a crusade to wipe their blighting influence out, to prove that faith has power! The Automatons of old will join this crusade, and I am personally blessing you with resistance to the magics and the flames the demons would use to harm you. Take your swords, your maces, your scythes, and join me!"

Spend my last act to grant all faithful participants in the Crusade immunity to arcanite magic and to fire.

Action: Personally lead the crusade, fighting alongside the mortals.
(Automaton Commander Action: Fight alongside Meoboroje. Also, bring along an elite contingent of Automatons to ensure that neither the Commander nor Meoboroje are harmed or killed.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2015, 05:46:53 pm »

(Just realized: since Raalmana is like the Kivav (which is kind of like plants), absorbing heat and using it to grow arcanite (as part of his very metabolism), could the infernals deny him arcanite even if he did have faith?)

Raalmana had known no faith, and no loyalty other than to the pursuit of absolute truth. While the other mages of the world faltered, Raalmana remained powerful, though this development was perplexing. Perhaps his initial conclusions that the Kivav could not support life were incorrect? Was it more to do with the heat? Yes, it seemed so. The heat came from the sun, and grew plantlife. It also grew the arcanite, originally from Raalmana, but also from seeds planted by the Father later. It grew from him, and the Kivav, like life from soil, from energy originating in the sun. At what point did this energy become alive, able to form intent?
Lesser act: It was time to get an answer to the first thing he had ever mused upon. Raalmana studies the flow of heat, the mechanisms by which it becomes life, by which if becomes magic. The runes are only indirect, it seems, and the infernals have evidenced that direct manipulation of energy is possible. What differentiates the formation of the plants, the minds, the arcanite, and the infernals from this same source of heat?

Raalmana communes with the Minds, seeking to enlist their help in his studies with their far-reaching (figurative) eyes. How fare the Imbued Minds, and the Shaded Minds, being composed of arcanite?

Raalmana seeks to establish contact with the Infernals, as a neutral party. Dialogue is one path to gaining insight, after all.

To Vodoth:
You fear that which you do not understand. Your kind have created this world and its inhabitants, but even to you, the gift of absolute knowledge and understanding is not given. Like any other parents, you can only guide your children as best you can, but ultimately you cannot control them, or forsee all ends. The path you suggest, of study and seeking understanding, is wise, though. You may be assured that I have already embarked upon it. But realize that these newcomers may not be what they seem, and may have implications you have not considered.

Speak to Raalmana: "Greetings. I am Vayros, god of knowledge. I give you this knowledge: since my Alchemy does not rely on Arcanite for power, you can still use that to your advantage."

((Disregard that if I'm incorrect.))
((But it does rely on faith))
Your Alchemy is hidden beyond other barriers. I would have overcome these in time, I think, but your permission would render this unnecessary.
"You have my permission."

Telepathically convey the knowledge of Alchemy to Raalmana's mind(not if it would cost an Act).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2015, 04:06:40 am »

Vodoth turned to the Familiars one last time before releasing them to the Drane and caretakers.

You are the predators now, the stronger ones then those who are below, top of an ecosystem instead of one of many.

A large crowd had gathered in the center of Alfar in front of the king's palace and the great nest, called by the speech of Meoboroje, confused and hopeful.  Vodoth appeared rarely to the masses, at times of celebration and mourning mostly, each time in a new form, terrifying and beautiful.  He rose now out of the depths of his resting place as a great serpent with sharp spines on it's back, rising on eight spider legs, the scales and legs colored a deep black that reflects a deeper rainbow colors like an oil sheen.  He did not climb up the palace as so many times before, but instead went into the crowd which parted for each step of the legs.

The time has come to rise and show the wisdom of your ancestors, those who fought tooth and nail to make their own path, to show the strength you have gained as a powerful society.  Go forth and unite the free peoples, create an army of the faithful for the Saint and follow him to victory.  Take the spoils of war and become even stronger.

I have another path to follow, one which will pave the way to new trade and technologies, to things unseen which will secure the victories you fight for.  But I will always be watching and those who I trust will know where to find me.  You are great enough to handle this task on your own, call the Starborn in my name to your cause if you need to and I will return when you need me the most.

Vodoth scuttles out of the city, leading songs of sorrow and new beginnings, a few follow him deep into the surrounding lands to the hidden entrance of the Warrens.  He bids them stay outside as he enters and strikes some deal with the Alchemists known only to them, but a long time later the small camp is invited inside by one of the alchemists themselves and brought to the lowest levels of the Warrens of Memory.

Along the way they see vines and sharp spiked plants, and great beasts can be heard and felt moving about just out of sight.  Down in the lowest levels where the living quarters and laboratories remain unchanged Vodoth sits on a large chair of twisted roots.

I have restored the defense of this place, beasts and traps of sharp and toxic plants guard the way now, controlled by me and ever growing and changing.  I will show you the right paths so that these halls can be used for trade and communication, and the alchemists have agreed to supply the crusade with their potions and technologies.

[Action] Encourage the holy city to unite the tribes of free wallowing and Drane into an army of conquest for Meoboroje.

[Action] Provide protection to the alchemists in the Warrens of Memories by filling the upper level with dangerous plant traps and terrifying beasts.  Reside over the defenses so they are repaired if assaulted and that the safe paths change constantly, only those chosen by Vodoth (alchemists and his followers) will know the correct way in and out.  In exchange for protection the alchemists are expected to allow free use of the warrens to the Drane for transportation and trade, as well as provide the fruits of Vayros's knowledge to the holy city and war effort.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2015, 04:13:53 am »

"I will be spending the next while reinforcing the Warrens."

An act to reinforce the Warrens further and create an Arc Chamber, which ideally will be filled with a sufficient population of all sapient races in hibernation to establish a population upon arrival in a new Kalpa.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2015, 01:03:37 am »

(Whoops. I didn't notice this game was back until just the other day)

In the face of these dark events, Pif-Ria couldn't hide her overwhelming glee. A crusade was a wonderful occurrence for the newly minted death goddess.

"Something dark is afoot friends, and I can gain both knowledge and power to combat it by feasting on the victims of your crusade!"

The Goddess hungrily swoops up to Arena and seeks out the great battles of the crusades, where she begins to greedily devour the souls of the fallen demons to increase her power and perhaps gain knowledge of the infernal force that drives them.

After eating her fill, and learning all she can from her victims, Pif-Ria then changes course and begins to modify the fallen demons she comes across. The queen of joy and death strips them of their free will, edits their minds to find great joy in serving mortals, severs whatever connection they have to their old masters, and restores their living bodies. Then, working off and modifying the ancient chants and rituals the Sisterhood stole from the Pacifists, Pif-Ria creates new rites in her own honor that will allow mortals to call and command the fallen demons. She then beams knowledge of these new rituals directly into the minds that make up the Cult of the Unending Hum, and instructs them to spread the secret.

Act: Pif-Ria lingers around the mortal realm during the crusade and feasts on fallen demons in hopes of gaining knowledge and power!
Act: Pif-Ria creates Summoning Magic and teaches it to the Cult of the Unending Hum. Summoning Magic grants any mortal or mind willing to worship Pif-Ria the ability to call blindly loyal demons to his, her, or its service. The rites and rituals behind Summoning Magic are forms of worship in Pif-Ria's name. The cult is encourged to spread this knowledge so as to increase Pif-Ria worship.
Possible Action: If Pif-Ria learns anything that might be of use to the Sisterhood of Shadow Reapers in their pursuit of the leaders of the way while feeding on demons, she fills them in on this knowledge.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:09:05 am by Weirdsound »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2015, 03:32:56 am »

I bet serving as familiars is looking a bit better to the creatures now. muses Vodoth.

Oh also don't eat the familiars please.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2015, 08:59:26 am »

Pif-Ria grins widely as she hovers over a battlefield and dips a demon soul into a fondue pot full of melted chocolate. "I don't think they know yet that I'm waiting for them on the other side, silly! But I will try to refrain from eating your familiars..."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]