Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]  (Read 15810 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 4]
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2015, 01:34:09 am »

Hmm. The crystals jutting from the Artist thrummed. You are right. They will never be accepted if they are hidden. But they will never be accepted if they all die.

As the Artist spoke with its mother, it carried on its work, lifting and smashing boulders and ripping giant trees from their roots to repurpose the Arena. It diverted streams to make a waterfall, it sowed grass and moss and flowers and trees. Each placement was given extensive thought. Each and everything was to be a masterpiece.

I will not bind them here. I offer them Haven. If they choose to leave, then they shall. Arena is not ready for the Boogiemen, yes, but neither are the Boogiemen ready for Arena. The Artist stopped and looked to the heavens, perhaps to face, in a sense, its creator. All will be ready in time.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2015, 01:44:05 am »

Pif-Ria laughs. "There is a god to protect the Boogeymen, a god to preserve them should they die, and of course a goddess to bring them joy. If refurbishing your masterpiece to house them brings you joy, by all means continue, but just remember your role is to create beauty, not to guard and fret over it..."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2015, 03:25:53 am »

Something new, something old.  Something approaches.

Vodoth pulls himself away from watching a curious Caretaker follower of the Way as she heals a near dead Willowman.  Plunging down into the earth he emerges into the top of the afterlife of joy.  Claws and teeth made of memories of conflict from the great vault of memories flow up and out near Pif-Ria's rooms.  Willow souls scatter at the sudden intrusion.

Hello, creator of the ones of conflict.  I see your afterlife is as twisted as ever.  You have helped make such an interesting world, we should get together for tea or a book club or the apocalypse more often.

He looks over at a Wllowman brave enough to stand in his presence.

Oh not TODAY.  Maybe.

He turns back to Pif-Ria.

This visit is all business unfortunately.  I invite you to follow me into the void, to greet the new arrival.

Memories shed off the form, flowing back down through the cracks of joy into the vault as Vodoth takes on a primal form, exiting the tower and returning to the void.  Claws and fangs of nothing reach out once again, this time they seem smaller then before, or perhaps the universe is just that much greater. 

They reach towards the new arrival with a booming voice.

Welcome to Arena cousin.  Welcome to the world of life and conflict.

It then drops down to an even whisper as an image of the Saint is projected to the new arrival.

Watch out for the guard dog.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2015, 06:56:18 am »

"Greetings, livers of this life. The sentient species are ready for one such as myself, correct? Well then. I have some research to do. I don't suppose you could summarize what is within this realm? Ah, I would like to apologize for not introducing myself. I am Vayros, the Obsidian Ice and god of knowledge."

Vayros turns and begins to go, but then stops.

"Excuse me, what guard dog?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2015, 09:04:44 am »

Pif-Ria smiles wide. "Oh, the silly one just refers to papa Meoboroje, who sees himself as a protector god and protects the mortals from each other... and claims that he would also protect them from us should we mess around with them too much. He is actually low on power now, so if you do want to have fun with the mortals, this would be a pretty good time. Just watch out for that silly ol' shield of his! He put as much power into it as the rest of us did into carving out creation!"

The Goddess then abruptly embraces the stranger. "I am Pif-Ria, the diety of mirth and joy and glee and exuberance and all around fun! Yes, we have civilized sentience that you can play around with, but do be careful; Many are low on faith, and many others monothiesticly worship Kerikavae, our god of thought and eternity and the unliving, and may martyr those another god sends to spread knowledge. Beyond that, I'd recommend observing or visiting Arena for yourself to learn; Watching and exploring is more fun than listening to one of us drone on!"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2015, 10:06:40 am »

"You speak wise words, little one. It is time for me to depart, and learn from this world..."

After watching the life of Arena, Vayros returns to the edge, and thinks. "I now know what must be done. The inhabitants of this world are much too short-lived to be effective worshippers, or even to seek knowledge and pass it on effectively."

One Act: Vayros creates the 12 Tomes of Alchemic Knowledge. Each of these tomes contains knowledge on the school of Alchemic magic, which allows for transmutation of materials, and the creation of a variety of interesting substances as well as potions. The tomes initially appear mostly empty, except containing information about the gods, emphasizing myself somewhat because I am new to the fray. By directing worship to me, more knowledge will reveal itself to the worshipper inside the book. Thus, more advanced transmutations and potions will become available with more worship. Make sure there is an easily accessible recipe for a potion that can be drunk by a Wallowing, once, to extend its max life span by 70 years or so. Note if copies are made of the tomes' knowledge, the copies will be subject to the same worship of me= more knowledge thing. Use a Major Act if a Normal Act won't suffice for this.

One Action: After creating the tomes, Vayros spreads the tomes throughout Arena, granting them to the 12 most inquisitive Wallowings.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2015, 10:37:50 am »

Meoboroje had been ranting to himself, understandably more than a little unhappy.
Oooohoho doesn't it figure?! The MOMENT I deal with one situation, another one springs up, and it's WORSE! Aaaaagh. And the Wallowings aren't pious anymore, oh, just fantastic. My creations nearly go extinct despite the power I POURED into fixing things, and now I don't even have the power to... grrr. Here I am impotently raging about things, it's a disgrace."

Sighing, Meoboroje drew himself up and glared daggers at Vodoth ("'Guard dog', very funny.), and then genuinely unhappily at Pif-Ria ("Why would you encourage him to bully the mortals?! Have you no respect for them and me?"), before looking in the direction of their new arrival and sighing.

"...right. I suppose I should introduce myself, yes? I am Saint Meoboroje of the Aegis. I was once a mortal, one who gained godhood by protecting his fellows from the blow of a world-ender... and so it is a protector I have become in godhood. My agenda is a simple one: I intend to prevent as much harm coming to the mortals as I possibly can, especially from any divine destruction or bullying... it's a purpose for which I've created my Aegis here, which can withstand the blows of Gods and greater. This isn't to say I intend to block every single action you might want to take: it just means I won't allow direct harm to the mortals, and indeed I have great respect for what you are doing so far."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2015, 12:29:52 pm »

"Ah, greetings to you. I am Vayros, the Obsidian Ice, god of knowledge. And your position does make sense: the mortals are our main source of power and are worth protecting for other reasons anyway. The Tomes I am creating will bring useful knowledge to those who receive them and worship me as a result, and the magic contained within that knowledge will make life better for the recipients. If any harm comes to the mortals comes as a result, it will be because of their own idiocy with the magic."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2015, 02:08:26 pm »

"Greetings One of Knowledge. You will likely find the Minds of interest, they remember nearly all since the dawn of creation."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2015, 02:43:44 pm »

You are right Meoboroje, it was an insensitive joke at a difficult time for you.  However your goal as protector and continued loyalty to your own cause are to be admired.  They have rejected your gifts, in rejections of all of your ways, and still you do not smite them or curse them or whatever them.

The rebellion of the commons was a natural result at the control you imposed from above, the indifference of life and death, and the use of their souls as building blocks by the one of joy.  The new factions have made a world for themselves, I would suggest looking to reenforce the faith of the eight or to rekindle the faith of the free.

I will soon be leaving this realm for the one below, full time, but first I must see to my creations, a reward and a restraint.

He turns to the Icy one speaking with Brother Death.

Already the magics you have introduced grow out of control and yet more come in.  I would hope that you two are good to not let it threaten the living things which grow under my sun.

There is much knowledge in and under this world, the Wallowings lack guidance for they have thrown off their guides.  You may also wish to meet Raalmana, the true Mage, you no doubt have much to discuss.

Do you plan to catch the fleeting souls Brother Death?  I have my own plans if you are not going to see to that.  I wish to add to Pif-Ria's afterlife, but only for the Starborn, and not the same as it is now.  I plan to limit the number of Starborn souls and set them up for reincarnation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2015, 02:54:08 pm »

"I have a plan for the fleeting souls Brother Life. A form of rebirth if you will. Do as you wish for the Starborn, I shall focus on the others."

"As for the magics, they will be somewhat difficult to control. The real control is in the shortness of life. As it is, they cannot live long enough to memories vast swaths of runes. Although Starborn can."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2015, 03:26:18 pm »

Pif-Ria looks the dragon over intently. "You intend to bind yourself to the mortal world? Is this something you dream of doing, or something you feel you must do?"

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2015, 04:31:33 pm »

I have always been a part of the life of this world, now that it has matured I need to join them and live beside them.  This really should have been done long ago, I already spend much of my time down there.

Your concern is touching, but I would hope it extends to my creations as well, you have no rightful claim on the souls of the Starborn.  I would like to place the lantern to hold their souls in your palace if you wish it, a gift and a duty for your Willows.

Vodoth drops out of the tower, up to the boundary between the world and the depths where the Kivak spires touch the green Serage.  Reaching into the two metals he turns them into claws of white hot molten metal, reaching around each other into a sphere.  Crystal fragments of Arcanite dig down through the surface, imbedding themselves into the sphere then growing outwards, solid metal gives way to a delicate lacework around growing crystals in all shapes and colors, natural forms, weapons, beasts, plants, caretakers, starborn.  The metals and crystals cool, delicately strung purple and green ironwork reminiscent of vines and claws with molded crystal windows form a 5 foot sphere with a hollow core.

He brings the sphere up to The Singing Tower and explains it's purpose.

This is Second Sun, a soul lantern, here the souls of the Starborn will be drawn after death, to burn off memory and personality in a waking dream until only a core remains.  Then the soul can reenter a new egg and live a new life, free to learn and grow anew.

I can keep it here, for now, in the charge of your willow-souls if you wish, but I or another will come to claim it in time.

Then he reaches out to all the Starborn in the world, sun, green and even Raalmana, who gradually fall into a dream where Vodoth appears to them.

You will be spared from The Singing Tower of the willowmen in death, held in Second Sun where you will unlearn the world and prepare for a new life.  Eggs will now only hatch when a new soul is ready and the number of Starborn will be limited so that you can be part of the world as you are meant to be, not to dominate it.

[Act]Create the artifact Second Sun, a soul lantern to contain the souls of the Starborn after death.  The souls will be in a half dream meditation where they let go of their life and prepare to be reborn once only a core of ideas and memories remain.  The dreams of the souls are visible to those touching the lantern, who can wake up and talk to any Starborn currently in the lantern.

[Action][part of act above] Place Second Sun inside the Singing Tower and spend time there, using the lantern, looking through other memories inside the vault.

[Act]Alter the Starborn so their souls enter the lantern after death and that the number of souls will never number more then enough to cover 1/3 to 1/2 of the center star, about several million with 20% or so inside Second Star at any time.  Eggs will no longer hatch if no souls are available.  Explain the new system to the Starborn in a shared dream.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:09:33 am by VoidSlayer »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2015, 05:14:44 pm »

Of all possible outcomes, to unlearn is the most abhorrent of all to me. More than ever I avow to never suffer myself to die. But most intriguing...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2015, 05:26:29 pm »

"This does not appeal to me. However, I see where you are going with this. So, I have a suggestion. Perhaps, you could let the Starborn keep their general knowledge, but not specifics? For instance, they might keep knowledge of the major gods and whatnot, but forget a recipe for humble pie."

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14