Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving The New World OOC (Chucked into firepit)  (Read 28239 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The ship isn't leaving until noon tomorrow. It's, what 10? 11?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Now I'm curious about your age.

It's right there on my profile.

Well if you can manage to secure a safe area within the structure you just need to hold out for rescue.

True, but unless he ends up below 50% hit points I don't think Ispil would be the type to just stick around. It's also worth noting that he isn't really expecting to be rescued (or at least, have strongly motivated rescuers.) Also, while we know from an OOC standpoint all the characters have a reasonably equal strength level, as far as he can tell the only people who might have a shot at helping him are Ker and Leo, the other two he sees are 'Mr Average' Early and 'Halfling-with-a-dagger' Natalie.
At the moment, he thinks his best chance is to 'fix' the forest by killing whatever's in charge of all these plant thingies.

Actually, he might decide to collect the bodies of those rose things and use them to light a signal fire somewhere where the canopy is weak...

Quote from:
In all seriousness, though, sorry for leaving Ipsil in the lurch, even if it would make more sense OOC to chase the juicy exp pinatas.

Er, what's 'The Lurch'?
I don't like the sound of this...

In all seriousness, at least the game didn't go the path of 'Ispil successfully sinks the ship -> Everybody dies' route. Seriously, imagine if we were marooned on this island? I was personally under the impression that this place was going to be a port-town where all the passengers departed from, but it seems that wasn't the case. Otherwise I wouldn't have tried to sink it so quickly. >_>
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((Dwarmin, should I really know that much info already? Max HP, damage and to-hit, as well as AC seems like it might be a bit much.))

Nah, I only keep abilities/resistances/etc secret-handwave the rest of the stuff as knowledge you earn from fighting something. Like, you know how tough it is, in comparison to yourself.

Also, GM clue time!

The jungle is like a big, sleepy, giant, okay? If you poke it on the toe, light it on fire, or scream to get it's attention, it'll wake up and try to squish you. If you go quick and fast, however, it might not notice you-because it's big, and you're very small. It can only kill you if it can find you. It reacts very slow to changing situations (though we see it is able to plan ahead if given time, though the party can still run while it's waking up), which is why the whole jungle didn't just boil out and eat the whole ship the moment you stepped on the island. Of course, most of the time, it just lets it's spores and hallucinations slow you down until it catches you...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Ah, I see. Move quick, move fast, move silent... I guess my bonfire plan is a no-go, then? xD
Still, that's technically Ispil's ideal goal, since it's what he does best. (Or at least will do best.)

By the way, Dwarmin, is English your first language?
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, Dwarmin, is English your first language?

Yeah.

Is my grammar/writing really that bad?

<__<
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Your writing is good and engaging almost 100% of the time, but I notice grammar mistakes here and there, like in the description for Ispil's sword.

Quote from: Dwarminimilastic
It's short, blunt edge is designed for more

Should be 'Its' with no apostrophe.
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it seems I make that specific mistake alot...a bit of a grammatical blind spot, there.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Its a hard one to spot.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Ja, and sometimes a few sentences are a bit, er... "Grating" (though that's probably just my particular sensibilities), but aside from their your writing is usually very enjoyable.

Remember, it's a house with its roof falling off.

Not for me, Mainiac, the more obvious grammar mistakes are like getting hit in the face, they tend to sort of 'jump out' at me.
Oh, and 'alot' doesn't technically exist as a word, there's supposed to be a space there (though that's a case where I don't feel it matters too much, connotations and neologism etc. etc.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:06:19 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Its' no big deal at the end of the day.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Technically, it's not like I have issues understanding it, it's just that mistakes like those tend to make things a bit hard on my eyes. Anyway, let's try to avoid derailing the OOC thread with my Grammar Nazism, neh?

Dwarmin: Do the Rose Blight's 'infection' contribute to the 'Hell Spores' effect, or did you forget to add another 'Unknown Poison(?)' tag?
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I admit, I'm a lazy writer-I've never had much in the way formal training or experience, I just do this for fun-so, I try to make up for it with rich content. As long as my crappy grammar doesn't make it hard to understand what is happening, I don't really bother worrying about it. I will try to check myself before I post more often, anyway.

I would also note, it's been ten-ish years since I had to attend school UXLZ, while you age indicates otherwise for you. You'd be surprised how much will just slip right out of your head when you don't have to use it every day.

I mean to say, when 900 years old you reach…your grammar as good, it will be not. :P

Dwarmin: Do the Rose Blight's 'infection' contribute to the 'Hell Spores' effect, or did you forget to add another 'Unknown Poison(?)' tag?

No, it all adds up. The more time you spend on the island, and every time you get hit adds to the effect. You can probably figure out what happens at 100%...ever watched that movie, The Ruins?

This whole island was inspired by that!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also btw, UXLZ, I need you to bold your actions for me. I need to know what exactly I am rolling for.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Mmm... Even after I'm out of school, I doubt my writing will deteriorate much, if only because I'll be going to uni afterwards. ^_~
Yeah, it's fine, the issues are only sporadic anyway, not constant.

Yes, oh wise master Yoda. xD

Ohhh craaaaaaaaaaaap, I'd had an inkling, but... Well, this is bad.

Mmkay.

Done, actions are edited in bold. Including his thoughts, so you get a better idea.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:31:52 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mmm... Even after I'm out of school, I doubt my writing will deteriorate much, if only because I'll be going to uni afterwards. ^_~

This is why you're going to be alo...er, much more successful in life than me. :P

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23