Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving The New World OOC (Chucked into firepit)  (Read 28230 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Not necessarily, even with a uni degree the job market still isn't that stable (at least in a few of the directions I'm considering heading.)

Success in life (while ultimate subjective to the individual) is, in my opinion, 10% talent, 10% effort, and 80% luck.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

I'm a professional* economist.  I can tell you with a very high degree of certainty that you should go to university.

*well sorta.  I'm really close!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

I know it's definitely advantageous but it doesn't guarantee success, there's always the chance for Critical Failure (if unlikely.)

Oh, right, I intend on taking two levels of Warlock at some point so I can get some of the nifty stuff from their second level (plus, the last two levels of monk are basically useless, especially the last one oh god it sucks so much.)
Gonna be interesting to RP Ispil deciding to take the offer of extra power from some strange entity... (Archfey is looking most likely at this point, if only for flavor reasons.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:53:43 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

If you are worried about critical failure then you can minimize your downside risk by going for a cheaper university path.

I'm sorry to keep derailing but I reeeeeeally wish someone had told me about this stuff when I was younger.  If you take a gap year, do a bunch of CLEP tests and take a year at community college you could save yourself soooooooo much money.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Do note that I live in Australia.
The circle is complete.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Sucks man.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

From the perspective of an ecologist, which I am not, how does this jungle survive without pollinators?

I can answer this too, to distract from the college derailment. :P

The same way zombies reproduce. Ker could tell you (not in so many words) the soil is pretty much dead. These plants aren't even really alive, per se. Mysteries abound.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Man, I hope that there's ultimately a single thing that's the source of all this corruption and destroying it cleanses the place or some other way of escape/protection, otherwise Ispil is already ded, he just doesn't know it yet. :v
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run off into the cursed forest alone?

YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

To be fair, I had no idea it was a cursed forest until it was already too late, and even in a more serious game, two failed skill checks at level 1 leading to inevitable death is a bit harsh. :v

I mean, once I was at that point my path was already predetermined, like you said, if I had have tried to slash my way back through the forest I would have just woken the giant up and died anyway. >_>

That temple is awfully convenient... >_>
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:04:13 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, you would and probably still could get back, if you passed your survival check-though if you failed, you'd probably have a series of running battles. Remember, the jungle is messing with your perceptions. Of course it would make you feel as if your death was inevitable...there's always a way out, tho.

Still, running into the jungle alone was not a good idea. Why didn't you ask Leo for help? :P I specifically introduced him to you as a potential NPC teammate.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

I decided to not do that because while my character is actually good at survival, the Greenhell thing would give me disadvantage, not to mention that if I failed the roll I would randomly go in 1 of four directions, three of which would be the wrong way. It didn't seem worth it, statistically, to try and just fight my way out. I may have made the wrong choice, but we'll see... >_>

And I didn't ask Leo because I forgot. ;D
That, and I wasn't expecting to instantly and almost irrevocably get lost. I'll plan more fortuitously in the future. If Ispil manages to survive this, he's finding a partner to work with, whether it's Leo, Ker, Brenna or someone else entirely, he's realised that working purely alone has huge downsides.
At least, at the moment. Once I can teleport from shadow to shadow and turn invisible at-will it won't matter too much. :v
If I get to that point.

Besides, the current scenario is far more interesting than it would be otherwise. ^_~
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:24:09 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Eh, it's fine. It's not like you're intentionally leaving him to die when he's 10 feet away and easily savable. Besides, this way I get all the XP. :v
(If I survive.)
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Yeah, it seems I make that specific mistake alot...a bit of a grammatical blind spot, there.

I think everyone does.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23